The Amazing Spider-Man 2 In other words, who will comprise the Sinister Six?

i think possibly sandman might be just outside of the realism Webb has set for this film

i mean webb has given us the lizard which is a man transforming because of gene splicing and if you can do that im sure you can get away with green goblin and anything thats big in technology thanks to oscorp which could give us Vulture and rhino, doc ock, shocker and could possibly get away with mysterio

but a man who can turn to sand... hmm... not sure

The only thing Webb's talked about when it comes to realism is the characters. That is, the way they talk, react to things, behave etc. Not powers and stuff like that. Spidey live in a world full of unrealistic superpowers, that's part of his mythos. To only go by realism would be to restrict and limit it all unnecessarily. It works for Batman in a trilogy since Batman himself has no superpowers. But in a film series of Spider-Man, especially if it reaches out for more than 3 films, you can't ignore the more fantastic elements of his world.

They already begun that with Lizard in ASM. If you ask me, ASM felt much more fantasy-driven than Raimi's films. The difference is that the characters themselves felt like real world character. It's like they took real life characters and put into a fantasy world. Like Stan Lee did.

The only thing Webb's talked about when it comes to realism is the characters. That is, the way they talk, react to things, behave etc. Not powers and stuff like that. Spidey live in a world full of unrealistic superpowers, that's part of his mythos. To only go by realism would be to restrict and limit it all unnecessarily. It works for Batman in a trilogy since Batman himself has no superpowers. But in a film series of Spider-Man, especially if it reaches out for more than 3 films, you can't ignore the more fantastic elements of his world.

They already begun that with Lizard in ASM. If you ask me, ASM felt much more fantasy-driven than Raimi's films. The difference is that the characters themselves felt like real world character. It's like they took real life characters and put into a fantasy world. Like Stan Lee did.

yeah but still a man who can turn to sand is a big leap to explain, with rhino it could be splicing again or a technology based suit of armor and with electro it could be a technology created suit, which is already streching itself into fantasy

but still all his body,organs,bones and all being turned into sand that can shape into anything... hmmm.. who knows

Last edited:
Maybe he's not literal sand but some sort of fine particulate that just looks like sand.

Sandman is a fantastic and visually arresting antagonist.

I am a die hard fan of the Dark Knight trilogy, and I say sky's the limit for the fantastic elements in TASM series. They got it right in the first film--believable dialogue, interactions and reaction from the characters to the very pulp sci-fi creation. I want more of that, and a more ruthless Sandman than what we got in SM3.

I already told it in other thread: potentially, we could have a Sinister Six line up in this movie.

Jamie Foxx as Electro.
Paul Giamatti as Rhino.
Chris Cooper as Green Goblin.
Michael Massee as Mysterio.
Colm Feore as Vulture.
Felicity Jones as Black Cat.

It won't happen, but it COULD happen.

Sandman was the bright spot in an otherwise messy SM3. THC's performance is wonderful. Just a guy trying to rob some banks. No "personal" backstory with Parker or Spidey. Just matter-of-fact, earnest, and solid.

I guess I'm in the minority here but most of the folks I know thought Sandman was the redeeming factor behind that movie.

Sandman was the bright spot in an otherwise messy SM3. THC's performance is wonderful. Just a guy trying to rob some banks. No "personal" backstory with Parker or Spidey. Just matter-of-fact, earnest, and solid.

I guess I'm in the minority here but most of the folks I know thought Sandman was the redeeming factor behind that movie.

He was the one who killed Uncle Ben. That was the worst retcon and easily one the dumbest decisions made in SM3. I thought the role was pretty thin, but THC did a great job with what he was given by the script and the visuals were cool at times, but they even messed some of that up. Him flying away was really dumb and I can't say I liked the giant sand monster thing either.

You won't get any disagreement with me on the Uncle Ben retcon. That was flat stupid. I don't get why they think every villain has to have some backstory that relates to the hero in superhero movies.

Why can't it just be "Hey I want to be bad. You want to be good. Now we fight."

I'm not arguing against advancing the characters, but relating all villains to the hero is such a shortcut, such a lazy way to mine emotion or manipulate without actually progressing.

Really? Raimi's Spidey films were the ones that felt more like the 60s comics, Webb's TASM tried to explain his origin and almost everything in much bigger detail.

But just as i used to say on the Nolan Batman films threads, a character doesn't work if you don't have enough imagination to make it work.

Sadly, I don't think Black Cat can make it into this series, i wish she could, but i wouldn't doubt if we had to wait for the next series for her to make her debut.
I don't care what anybody thinks, she gets a lot of hate, but Black Cat is one of my favorite femme fatales:woot:

Electro
Lizard
Green Goblin
Rhino
Mysterio
Vulture

Goblin as the leader

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Chris Cooper as Green Goblin leading
Rhys Ifans as Lizard
Paul Giamatti as Rhino
Jamie Foxx as Electro
Colm Feore as Vulture
Michael Massee as Mysterio

Personally I don't like the idea of a Sinister Six, I think it's too much for one film. But if they go that route, I'd be happy with this.

I already told it in other thread: potentially, we could have a Sinister Six line up in this movie.

Jamie Foxx as Electro.
Paul Giamatti as Rhino.
Chris Cooper as Green Goblin.
Michael Massee as Mysterio.
Colm Feore as Vulture.

It won't happen, but it COULD happen.
It could NOT, and will NOT happen. There's too much ground to cover based on what has to transpire moving forward.

Personally, I think Doc Ock is mandatory for any incarnation of The Six and I've got a feeling that that's ground Sony isn't willing to retread. But I can dream can't I?

Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Lizard
Rhino
Scorpion
Electro

Venom/Carnage should definitely NOT be in the Six, Sandman would probably be a mistake after SM3, Mysterio is cool but I'd rather see him solo, not the biggest Kraven or Vulture fan, Shocker seems a little redundant.

Indeed! Ock should lead the Sinister 6.

agreed. No matter what version, Ock should always lead the Sinister 6. Spider-man TAS gets a pass since Ock was still in the team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"