World The Spider-Man 1967 cartoon series Appreciation Thread

JabarR

Sidekick
Reaction score
spiderman67b.jpg

This thread is devoted to the classic 1967-1970 TV series that kicked it off for the Spider-Man franchise.

NOTE: No negative comments on this thread, you will be reported if it there is one bad comment.

[YT]4o29VoxtsFk[/YT]

Last edited:
The theme song is truly one of the most memorable of all time.Some of the episodes are really funny.

This is a great show for just dropping in at any episode. I enjoy just popping in the DVD and putting it on play all just for some background noise even. It's fun to see myself lipping a lot of the dialogue. It's moments like that when you realise how much those old shows really impact you.

[YT]NuN7S8_k2Qg[/YT]
[YT]QxnkIAoTPMk[/YT]

This show gets the personality of the original Lee/Ditko comics in a way no other Spider-Man show or film or game has. It's very 60s, very offbeat, very counterculture, very oddball. Spidey is the witty, talkative superhero in a way Sam Raimi never understood. Though the show is never particularly serious, the villains are just so weird that they come across as creepy and sinister. It's the best version of Spider-Man outside the comics, IMO. It has so much personality that it makes up for the poor animation....whoops...

NOTE: No negative comments on this thread, you will be reported if it there is one bad comment

...uh oh....

This show is still very very enjoyable. I suggest people pick up the box set. Though, I bought mine at Wal-Mart back in 2004 (with the release of S-M2 in theaters), and haven't seen it for sale since.

This show is still very very enjoyable. I suggest people pick up the box set. Though, I bought mine at Wal-Mart back in 2004 (with the release of S-M2 in theaters), and haven't seen it for sale since.
This show sounds cool. I'll have to check it out Youtube sometime. Unfortunately, the dvd is really expensive now. The cheapest one I can find on amazon is $58 used. It's twice as expensive if you buy it new. The theme song is awesome. I also like the Michael Buble version.

I love this show's zaniness. It's just really enjoyable like that. The first season is definitely the best, but I still like some of the Bakshi stuff even though it gets really out there later on.

I was born in 66, and recall my mom turning on this cartoon in the afternoon after her soaps (or maybe it was just on Saturday mornings...hard to recall) and then during my school years, they'd play blocks of the reruns after school, and I use to run home and watch them before even thinking about homework. They had and still have a soft spot in my heart as the best Spidey toons. And to this day the 60s Spidey/Peter Parker voice is how I hear Spidey in my head when reading the comics.

I saw this and thought of the meme based on this show. I used to like this show a lot but then the internet made me laugh at it. :D

[YT]RmnZXThqFSQ[/YT]
[YT]l67Z1UCFv6k[/YT]

[YT]9ZOJpoZnN6s[/YT]
[YT]BoWwp1ZLqsY[/YT]

[YT]lmw6cy6bwc0[/YT]
[YT]FAn08gZJTKo[/YT]

[YT]46aHp8hAWPA[/YT]
[YT]7r5TlC-lrN0[/YT]

[YT]ltX-3NKrjYw[/YT]
[YT]cbSYLlmSYFQ[/YT]

I love those images from the cartoon with wacky text

Season 1 is awesome and hilarious, I only don't like how weak and stupid Spider-Man is at times

The other two seasons :dry:

Glad I have the first season full, alone. I consider the other two seasons a different show

[YT]extyFs_QNx4[/YT]
[YT]gHg-KvWWQIk[/YT]

Wow, that was just too awesome! It nailed all the right beats, and it was cool with which stories they went with. Now I wanna go back and start watching the show again.

Loved the show when I was a kid, love it now.

I bought the DVD box used in 2009. I don't remember how much I paid, I just remember that I paid "whatever was necessary."

Opposite to many, I used to prefer season 1. Now it is the least favoutrite of them since I prefer the psychodelia and weirdness of the second and third ones. Dementia 5 anyone?

Loved the show when I was a kid, love it now.

I bought the DVD box used in 2009. I don't remember how much I paid, I just remember that I paid "whatever was necessary."

Opposite to many, I used to prefer season 1. Now it is the least favoutrite of them since I prefer the psychodelia and weirdness of the second and third ones. Dementia 5 anyone?
I agree 100%. For me the first season is more simple, traditional Spidey stories, with his familiar rogues gallery. What attracts me the most about the second season when they took a step back was the light continuity (namely between the first two episodes) and on that note, that they were lengthy half-hour episodes. And to top it all off, it feels very retro in its design, tone, and rhythm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"