Guardians of the Galaxy The spoiler thread

reading on twitter and didnt even realize that when groot says "I love you all" we as viewers became part of the Guardians family and finally understand what groot is saying. Cool little detail I didnt notice at first but will defiantly be a cant wait moment on my second viewing
That’s a really nice touch and payoff for the end of the franchise. :up:

I have a question:
What are the chances we get some Alpha/King Groot merchandise? Have we ever gotten merchandise based off of a post credits scene before?

Any insight would be extremely helpful.
Original Dancing Baby Groot merch was all based on how he looked in the post credits scene from the first movie.
shopping

Besides that, I'd say the chances of Alpha Groot merchandise look good whether it's sooner or later because I very much doubt this is the last we'll be seeing of him in the MCU, same with Rocket and Adam Warlock.

I have a few issues with the movie, but overall it's solid.

Adam Warlock could've been a bit more involved. I get why he was dumb as they took him out of the cocoon too early, but later on in the movie or even at the end, they should've had him back in to finish his transformation.

Lack of a huge character death. I really feel like someone should've bit it in this movie. Granted a part of me is happy to possibly see these characters again, but having that big death in a movie, to me, helps those who survive grow more in the future.

My opinions on this could change after a 2nd watch, but those are my issues after a 1st watch.

reading on twitter and didnt even realize that when groot says "I love you all" we as viewers became part of the Guardians family and finally understand what groot is saying. Cool little detail I didnt notice at first but will defiantly be a cant wait moment on my second viewing
That makes sense. I rarely catch stuff like that on my first viewing unless it's spelled out for the viewer like in Avatar 2 when Jake explains how he understood the Na'vi language more and the dialogue turned to English for the audience even though in the reality of the movie they're still all speaking Na'vi. Here I thought Groot was just speaking English but this makes more sense.
One of my favorite moments was seeing Nebula get emotional over hearing Rocket's voice. She's come a long way from Vol 1.
That got me too. Apart from Gamora, Rocket's the one who spent the most time with Nebula over the years.

sub-buzz-8428-1620238535-37.jpg

For those asking about Star-Lord and his helmet etc.

Eh. Star Lord sounds so unprepared with that eXcuse, its not just some random accesssory or device that should be somehow left in a drawer...

Anyway, I don't eXpect a Marvel Studios' Star-Lord. But I'm guessing is he's a safe bet for the neXt Avengers.

One of my favorite moments was seeing Nebula get emotional over hearing Rocket's voice. She's come a long way from Vol 1.

She was obviously upset also while watching High Evolutionary's experiments on Rocket. I guess she realized that he suffered even more than she did at the hands of Thanos.

Original Dancing Baby Groot merch was all based on how he looked in the post credits scene from the first movie.
shopping

Besides that, I'd say the chances of Alpha Groot merchandise look good whether it's sooner or later because I very much doubt this is the last we'll be seeing of him in the MCU, same with Rocket and Adam Warlock.
Thank you and very good point. This gives me a lot of hope.

Once again, thank you.

missed opportunity: the Peter and his Grandfather after credit scene, should have been about him introducing Peter to some new forum of music...

its been an on-going theme throughout the movies (from his mother's mix cassette tapes, to Yondu giving him the Zoom...)

like maybe Peter discovers his grandfathers old record collection or something

So question, as I haven't seen it yet
But exactly how intense and gruesome are we talking with the animal experimentation stuff??

My gf is extremely sensitive about that stuff, and my fear is she will want to walk out of the theater mid-movie
She does love Guardians and Rocket though and wants to see it, so will she be able to overcome it, or is it too much?

So question, as I haven't seen it yet
But exactly how intense and gruesome are we talking with the animal experimentation stuff??

My gf is extremely sensitive about that stuff, and my fear is she will want to walk out of the theater mid-movie
She does love Guardians and Rocket though and wants to see it, so will she be able to overcome it, or is it too much?
Not sure. My gf loved the movie but did say that the theaters should probably put up a trigger warning about those scenes. If your gf is already extremely sensitive, chances are she may get bothered by it moreso than the average person.

Not sure. My gf loved the movie but did say that the theaters should probably put up a trigger warning about those scenes. If your gf is already extremely sensitive, chances are she may get bothered by it moreso than the average person.

That's quite likely, but what exactly are we talkin?
Are there realistic looking dead animals shown onscreen? (Or even not-that-realistic looking...?)

That's quite likely, but what exactly are we talkin?
Are there realistic looking dead animals shown onscreen? (Or even not-that-realistic looking...?)

The actual acts are off-screen, but you can hear the animals in pain. A few of them are shown dead on screen in one particular scene. They're more or less realistic looking, except for all the robot parts.

The actual acts are off-screen, but you can hear the animals in pain. A few of them are shown dead on screen in one particular scene. They're more or less realistic looking, except for all the robot parts.
Ah ok, thanks
If I can warn her beforehand she can usually handle it better than when it comes out of the blue

missed opportunity: the Peter and his Grandfather after credit scene, should have been about him introducing Peter to some new forum of music...

its been an on-going theme throughout the movies (from his mother's mix cassette tapes, to Yondu giving him the Zoom...)

like maybe Peter discovers his grandfathers old record collection or something
Cool idea, would have been a nice touch. :up:

I'm sure there'll be a glimpse of them in Secret Wars. at least.

Wonder if we’ll ever see that new team from the credits in action.
I don't see them doing a Guardians 4 but I wouldn't be surprised to them guest star in another movie, like Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars. Maybe some other space related project.

https://www.superherohype.com/movie...3-gamora-confusion-following-avengers-endgame
James Gunn confirm that GOTG 3’s Gamora is the same one from Endgame?
When asked by a fan through Twitter if the Gamora seen in the most recent Guardians of the Galaxy movie was the same one that crossed into the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s main timeline in Avengers: Endgame, the director confirmed that this was the case.

Yes

— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) May 11, 2023

I was never confused on rather that was the {2014} Gamora...
but, Am still little confused on how she can even exist out of her own timeline?
like shouldn't her having never returned to the 2014 timeline she left from, total "car door" the timeline, making her not only have no memory of those event, but, those events having, now never happened...

I get the "Branched Timeline" theory... but, she's not in a Brunch, she is in the Main MCU current Timeline... at best this suggest somewhere out there is a new timeline that was created at the point that She (as well Thanos & his army) just disappeared from, that completely changed the events of not only the GOTG movies, but, most of the post Avagers(2012) events (if now Thanos just never existed from that point on)

[sidenote: that could be an interesting spinoff, or "What IF:" story]

this certainly debunks a theory I had back when "EndGame" first came out, that Ironman didn't destroy Thanos & his Army , but instead returned them to the point they left from {with a memory wipe} and there-for preserving the timeline

I get the "Branched Timeline" theory... but, she's not in a Brunch, she is in the Main MCU current Timeline... at best this suggest somewhere out there is a new timeline that was created at the point that She (as well Thanos & his army) just disappeared from, that completely changed the events of not only the GOTG movies, but, most of the post Avagers(2012) events (if now Thanos just never existed from that point on)
It's this one. There is now a branched timeline/alternate universe where Thanos and co disapeared in 2014. So the biggest thing that probably happens, is that there's probably no formation of the Guardians since Gamora is gone. It's possible Ronan would tried getting the power stone (since it was returned back) but if Thanos was gone, maybe he'd stop pursing it. Like you said, could be an interesting What If episode.

The history of the branched timeline she came from changed when the Avengers took the Infinity stones out of that timeline, creating a new branch in which Thanos, his army, etc, all jumped to the MCU timeline.

Captain America returned the stones where they came from, completely erasing that branch from existence. Gamora is not affected by that because she was already in the MCU timeline, so changes to her original timeline can't affect her anymore. There is now no timeline in existence that's missing her (or her version of Thanos and his army). She's the last survivor of a ghost timeline.

I don't see them doing a Guardians 4 but I wouldn't be surprised to them guest star in another movie, like Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars. Maybe some other space related project.
If they'd moved faster on integrating X-Men, they could have set up a banger Rise/Fall of the Shi'Ar Empire & War of Kings storyline, but who knows how that will go now. I could still see them doing some sort of Annihilation cosmic crossover event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"