Guardians of the Galaxy Kurt Russell is Ego the Living Planet

One thing I don't think is really getting much praise even though Marvel has become known for it now, is the de-aged Rusell at the beginning. They are seriously learning how to get rid of that "sheen" that so many CG humans have. When the shades came off after they parked at the DQ, it was crazy.

On that note, today I have to go by there and get a GOTG Blizzard. The marketing got me.
Wonder who gets the de-aging next, Keaton,Odin,someone in Black Panther?

One thing I don't think is really getting much praise even though Marvel has become known for it now, is the de-aged Rusell at the beginning. They are seriously learning how to get rid of that "sheen" that so many CG humans have. When the shades came off after they parked at the DQ, it was crazy.

On that note, today I have to go by there and get a GOTG Blizzard. The marketing got me.

I was utterly floored by that just like with Douglas in Ant-Man. Though Russell's is probably the best work I've seen yet in that regard. Absolutely flawless.

I think they were also smarter with how to do it. The long hair helps cover his face for quite a bit of the time.

Kurt slayed it. He made Ego unique, dangerous and sympathetic.

Kurt Russell did a great job as Ego. One of the best villians in the MCU.

I'm hoping Sly.
I am sure he will, but I can't see them holding off on using it again for that long. I know we will see it at least in Ant-Man 2 again, if we get a flashback of Pym and Janet.

Ego's planet form looked sweeet! perfect adaptation of his comic look. Dude, when he revealed
the truth about Peter's mom, I almost jumped out of my seat!
One of Marvel's best villains by far.

I was utterly floored by that just like with Douglas in Ant-Man. Though Russell's is probably the best work I've seen yet in that regard. Absolutely flawless.

Yeah, he looked great. We've truly come a long way since rubber-faced Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy, lol.

When his face was obscured at the beginning of the movie i thought the CGI KR would look terrible but man that CGI was flawless

I wonder if Ego is dead, I recall a old FF comic where he try to use a decoy brain

I wonder if Knowhere in GotG1 was an easter egg/signpost that Gunn wanted to use Ego and make him a [BLACKOUT]celestial[/BLACKOUT] in GotG2?
Maybe Knowhere was a previous version of Ego and the fact that he doesn't know where he came from is because he was 'killed' once already?

Similarly I wonder if the cocoon in The Collector's base was to signpost the Sovereign in general in the sequel since it wasn't Warlick's own cocoon.

Huh, how about that. But somebody said they probably used more CG than they're saying.

He was perfectly casted in this role. I saw a lot of Chris Pratt and his relationship to be genuinely moving and heartfelt so when
[BLACKOUT]The twist was revealed that he's responsible for Quill's mother's death and reveals his true reason for seeking Peter out was with villainous intent I was pleasantly surprised and shocked.[/BLACKOUT]

the opening sequence with a Young Kurt was damn impressive CGI. It looked genuine .

Just had a thought about Ego the Living Planet for the Marvel Cinematic Universe and not sure if it has been thought of or mentioned before. In Guardians of the Galaxy we have the head of a Celestial called Knowhere that has been colonized inside of it. So, it is basically an empty shell, and then in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 we have Ego referring to himself as a Celestial a couple of times. So, is it possible that Ego is the brain that came from the Celestial that became Know where? Just a thought.

Surfer

Best since Loki in the films.

Definitely. No villain presented has been as nuanced and thought out as Loki and Ego. They're the only two that don't feel like they were only there to take up space (no pun intended for the latter).

I think they were also smarter with how to do it. The long hair helps cover his face for quite a bit of the time.

That and the sunglasses during the brief straight shot scenes. It was very well done.

When it comes to MCU villains, Ego was the biggest dud since Killian IMO. But that wasn't Russell's fault, the part was supremely acted.

Most would heavily disagree with you I think.
Yes I've noticed that and it honeslty baffles me.

There are so many gaps in logic when it comes to Ego plans and character, the final conflict is purely for survival, and the movie spends over an hour dragging out things between him and his son even though it's instantly obvious he is the villain. He was undoubtably the low point of a film that was otherwise quite good.

They've fleshed Loki out a lot more than other villains who have all pretty much died in their debut. Loki had the luxury of being the first villain the Avengers fought in the book and is a mainstay in the universe as a constant threat and sometimes ally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"