Guardians of the Galaxy Kurt Russell is Ego the Living Planet

hmm. ok I'll take your word on it. I did see a CAM version so maybe it was cut out or something.

btw, I'm a little confused here. [BLACKOUT]Did Ego create a human avatar way before humans even existed to visit other planets as well. It woulda made more sense to see him as other alien avatars for all the different aliens he banged[/BLACKOUT]

I thought the same. But for some reason, the human form seems to be the basic humanoid form for various civilizations in the Marvel universe. [BLACKOUT] It's also a huge coincidence that he doesn't seem to need to change his clothes style in order to adapt to each culture. [/BLACKOUT]

Ego was a scene stealer.

I loved this movie, lol

Yeah, I really liked the reveal. To me it was even more shocking than Alexander Pierce being a villain in TWS because that guy already seemed kinda shady to begin with.

Yeah, I really liked the reveal. To me it was even more shocking than Alexander Pierce being a villain in TWS because that guy already seemed kinda shady to begin with.

Yeah, it was great how the movie sucks you in by showing you how he bonds with Meredith and Peter, and how charismatic and cool he is, then they pull the facade and we find out how disturbing this guy really is.

Ego was very good. For a Marvel antagonist he worked because he had connections to the hero & they actually set up his betrayal & the fact that he was actually not exactly a good guy very well. Helps that Kurt Russell is pretty much awesome in anything.

I thought the same. But for some reason, the human form seems to be the basic humanoid form for various civilizations in the Marvel universe. [BLACKOUT] It's also a huge coincidence that he doesn't seem to need to change his clothes style in order to adapt to each culture. [/BLACKOUT]

It's just a convenient way of having Kurt Russell playing him.

Yes I loved him as a villain...because Ego at first we all believe him to be a good guy having valid reasons for why he abandoned Meredith also abandoning Peter and then seeing them bond as father and son but for all of it to be a façade and then him revealing himself to be a villain it is a change of pace well for Russell because he is not known for playing villains

Ego was very unique. And Kurt Russell did it justice. Well played Mr Gunn.

Yes Kurt Russell was perfect...Marvel definitely got it right casting wise

Marvel doesn't always write their villains well, but they get great actors for them. This was a case of them getting both right.

Kurt Russel was great in this and certainly elevated his material.

Marvel doesn't always write their villains well, but they get great actors for them. This was a case of them getting both right.
Well this year should definitely change that. Russell as Ego is a good start, next we get Keaton as Vulture...I never liked Vulture but Keaton can nail a part. We end the MCU year with Blanchett, Goldblum, and possibly other greats.

For me... Marvels best villain. His scheme was great. His motivation was interesting and different. And Russell injected both charm and menace into the role.

He's not up to Loki levels, but I think Ego was easily one of the better villains and performances. At least easily better than the likes of Kaecilius and Yellowjacket.

I wouldn't really call Loki a villain anymore tbh. He's just a mischievous ********.

I like when the villain doesn't think of themselves or their actions as villainous. Ego was so twisted.

Kurt was superb casting. I really love it when directors go for out of left field choices that show off the brilliance of the pool of actors we get to see in this generation

Agree pretty much with the general consensus in here, Kurt was excellent casting.

[BLACKOUT]I'm disappointed how his good performance was wasted in the film with the closure & final act of his character, but you can't say he didn't do well with what he was given. Was charming, yet devilish, by a all accounts it was a good villain performance.[/BLACKOUT]

In the opening scene when we've a young Kurt Russell driving Quills mother, I was half expecting to see him start breaking sharply & going full Death Proof on Quill's mother. :funny:

Yeah. Kurt was great in this and is [BLACKOUT]easily one of the best MCU villains. I honestly didn't think he was going to turn out to be the bad guy until the big reveal. Even when Mantis tries to warn Drax, I still thought it was going to be about something else... something bad related to Ego but not Ego himself. They really did a great job with it. And it's honestly pretty shocking once you realize just HOW bad he really is... the guy killed almost all of his offspring and gave Peter's mother brain cancer. Now THAT is some evil sh**.[/BLACKOUT]

Kinda funny how we should have seen it coming since the end of the first one when Yondu said he was a jackass.

Easily No. 2 in the Marvel movie villain pantheon behind Loki. Russell was hands-down great in this.

[BLACKOUT]I wish they fleshed out what the blob actually did more. Did those people die? Was he going to be able to control them like Unity in Rick and Morty? [/BLACKOUT]

One thing I don't think is really getting much praise even though Marvel has become known for it now, is the de-aged Rusell at the beginning. They are seriously learning how to get rid of that "sheen" that so many CG humans have. When the shades came off after they parked at the DQ, it was crazy.

On that note, today I have to go by there and get a GOTG Blizzard. The marketing got me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"