Guardians of the Galaxy Kurt Russell is Ego the Living Planet

marcvader

Lurker #1
Reaction score
Marvel Studios Begins Production on Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is written and directed by James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Slither”). The film marks the return of the original Guardians, including Chris Pratt (“Jurassic World,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Peter Quill/Star-Lord; Zoe Saldana (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Star Trek Into Darkness”) as Gamora; Dave Bautista (“Spectre,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Drax; Vin Diesel (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Furious 7”) as the voice of Groot; Bradley Cooper (“Joy,” “American Sniper”) as the voice of Rocket; Michael Rooker (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Jumper”) as Yondu; Karen Gillan (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Big Short”) as Nebula; and Sean Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Gilmore Girls”) as Kraglin. New cast members include Pom Klementieff (“Oldboy”), Elizabeth Debicki (“The Great Gatsby,” “Everest”), Chris Sullivan (“The Knick,” “The Drop”) and Kurt Russell (“The Hateful Eight,” “Furious 7”).

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/25742...s_guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_2#ixzz40X2mnmcw
Let the speculation begin.

Older Warlock? MAYBE Pete's Dad? He does have the look from the books to look like Starlord's father

I'm stoked to have Snake Plisk... I mean Kurt join the MCU in any role.

lol I gotta find a copy of that.

Older Warlock? MAYBE Pete's Dad? He does have the look from the books to look like Starlord's father

I think it's a lock that Russell will be playing whoever is Star-Lord's pops. But as to which character that will be, who knows? My money is still on Starfox...

I keep imagining him being like his character in Furious 7. If that's the case please keep him away from Adam Warlock!
I can't remember that last serious role he played apart from MacReady in The Thing.

I think it's a lock that Russell will be playing whoever is Star-Lord's pops. But as to which character that will be, who knows? My money is still on Starfox...

says in another site it's Starlord dad

This was Kurt's comments about the film a few days before Christmas....

I literally got a phone call two days ago about this, I’ve never seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I don’t know anything about it. Many times I’ve heard ‘That’s a really fun movie, a really good movie [with] great characters.’ I don’t know it! So, I didn’t realize that [James Gunn] had written and directed it, but we talked to each other on the phone. And I just had to be honest and say, ‘Thank you for considering me, I have to read [the script], and I have to watch the [first] movie because I can’t bring anything for you [right now]. I’ve got nothing to offer here. So, I’m amazed to get asked about this because everybody knows more about it than I do... it’s a little weird.

It's safe to say that he's read the script and watched the first movie in the last two months.

I think he is going to be playing Star Fox and end up being Quills father.

I think he is Star____ and Quills father.

I don't know why but when I read this I thought this is like when people on the price is right guess a price and the next guy bids a dollar more lol.

I think he is Starhawk and Quills father.

This is my bet. Jason of Spartax is unlikely because Gunn has said he dislikes the guy. Adam Warlock is unlikely because they've basically handed his schtick to the Vision. Starfox is unlikely because his entire premise is *far* too rapey.

Starhawk, meanwhile:

-Is an epic jerkass
-Looks "like an angel"
-Is something galactic society would credibly not have seen
-Has connections to the GotG franchise
-Can credibly be connected to an Infinity Stone

The last one wouldn't matter since Gunn said the movie doesn't involve an Infinity Stone.

This is my bet. Jason of Spartax is unlikely because Gunn has said he dislikes the guy. Adam Warlock is unlikely because they've basically handed his schtick to the Vision. Starfox is unlikely because his entire premise is *far* too rapey.

Starhawk, meanwhile:

-Is an epic jerkass
-Looks "like an angel"
-Is something galactic society would credibly not have seen
-Has connections to the GotG franchise
-Can credibly be connected to an Infinity Stone

This makes me a little concerned for Warlock. I remember those trolls got a lot of crap, but in terms of correlating Warlocks role in IG, to the current MCU infinity war, it seems like his role may be swinging into Vision's characterization. This being said, Magus has been confirmed for IW, which means Warlock has to exist somewhere in the MCU.

Keep in mind Warlock didn't have a gem during IG, OR the Thanos Quest; not utilizing Warlock as a foil to Thanos in the MCU could really be a missed opportunity.

I think hes gonna be Starhawk or Starfox

I'm in the Starhawk camp as well, but could see him being an older rendition of Adam Warlock as a possibility.

I think it's Starhawk as well. It could also be a reimagined Master of the Sun.

Starfox is unlikely because his entire premise is *far* too rapey.

Unless they intentionally play up the weird rapey aspect of his powers. They might just depict him as a villain. People have been joking about how creepy Starfox's powers are since the 80's.

This makes me a little concerned for Warlock. I remember those trolls got a lot of crap, but in terms of correlating Warlocks role in IG, to the current MCU infinity war, it seems like his role may be swinging into Vision's characterization. This being said, Magus has been confirmed for IW, which means Warlock has to exist somewhere in the MCU.

Keep in mind Warlock didn't have a gem during IG, OR the Thanos Quest; not utilizing Warlock as a foil to Thanos in the MCU could really be a missed opportunity.

Well, was that casting call for Infinity War: Part I ever confirmed? As I recall, it mentioned "The Magus" in it, which, one would think, would confirm Warlock for GOTG Vol 2.

I'm still sticking to Russell playing Warlock/Magus to do the whole Luke/Vader SW-ESB storyline.

I don't recall right now but did Gunn or anyone else confirm Russell is a Marvel character and not an original one?

I don't think anything's been confirmed about the character besides that he's in the movie. We don't know if he's original or comic book. We don't actually know he's Starlord's dad.

Well, was that casting call for Infinity War: Part I ever confirmed?

No. It's also kind of suspect that they'd be casting for a movie that won't be filming until next year.

Dont forget he could still be Starfox because JG can easily alter his background to fit the MCU. Its most likely not gonna be the exact comic version of whoever it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"