The Stephen King Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might end up just waiting for paperback, unless I get really impatient.

I got it today, I'm having flashbacks to the day I started Under The Dome...

I should hopefully be getting it in a few weeks. The problem will be finding the time to read it, cuz i know like every King book, once I start I will not want to stop.

I've got it on hold at the library, so should hopefully be a few weeks for me too.

I went to a used book store first time going this particular book store and I was suprised to see maybe 15-20 King books and a life time of Clancy and Grisham books. But I saw Salems lot and plan on picking it later. Is Black House a sequel to The Talismen? I saw it and wanted but wasnt sure if I need to read Talismen first.

Dr. Sleep a goddamn scary book

Posted: November 13, 2011, 21:53:31
Section: Book » Dr Sleep
Yesterday King announced that he was done the second draft of Dr. Sleep. He said that critics have been very kind with him regarding 11/22/63, and they've said maybe he was getting away from all that horror stuff. They won't know what hit them with Dr. sleep, he said. It's a goddamn scary book.

^^I'm looking forward to reading it. :D

Has anyone read 11/22/63?
I've been waiting for the Kindle price to drop down a bit which should be in a couple months or so. I have plenty of other things to read until then.

I'm about halfway through 11/22/63. I haven't been able to put it down yet, which has really surprised me. (I'm a huge horror King fan)

Thanks Tango im taking some old books to the used book strore and picking up Salems Lot and hoping they have It.

11/22/63 on top 10

Posted: December 1, 2011, 20:44:26
Section: Book » 11/22/63
11/22/63 is listed on The New York Times Top 10 Best Books of 2011. A first for King! Congratulations!

Preview of Road Rage

Posted: December 1, 2011, 20:50:23
Section: Book » Road Rage
StephenKing.com has released a preview of the upcoming Road Rage comic. You can check out the first 11 pages of issue #1 - Throttle as well as two additional images, one showing King and Joe Hill as bikers.

Anybody here going to watch the two part Bag of Bones on A&E on December 11 and 12th? I am . :D

I'll definitely be watching. I've seen the advertisements for it and it looks pretty awesome.

I will be watching.
Oh and I got Salems Lot and The Colorado Kid from the used book store I feel so lucky.
I enjoyed Salems Lot but I read the strain a while back and found my self making comparisons between the two.
The Colorado Kid was a fun read I blew through it I also plan on getting more books from the hard case crime book publisher I want to read more noir type books.
I also finished The Waste Lands (Dark Tower book) Such a great series I own the Wizard and Glass but I plan on reading it once I get the other Dark Tower books I read them really fast and dont want to be left wanting more when I dont own the others.

Description of Wind Through the Keyhole

Posted: December 7, 2011, 11:33:15
Section: Book » The Wind Through the Keyhole

It's only 4½ month to the release of Wind Through the Keyhole (about 2½ if you count down to the release of Grant's limited edition) and to whet your appétit, here is a description of the book...

The Wind Through the Keyhole

For readers new to Stephen King's epic 7-volume fantasy masterpiece The Dark Tower, The Wind Through the Keyhole is a stand-alone novel, and a wonderful introduction to the series. It is an enchanting Russian doll of a novel, a story within a story within a story, which features both the younger and older Roland Deschain – Mid-World's last gunslinger – on his quest to find the Dark Tower.

For the legions of fans, it is a gift of deeper insight and a chance to discover what happened to Roland and his ka-tet between the time they leave the Emerald City and arrive on the outskirts of Calla Bryn Sturgis.

We join Roland and his ka-tet as a ferocious storm halts their progress along the Path of the Beam. As they shelter from the screaming wind and snapping trees, Roland tells them not just one strange tale, but two – and in doing so sheds fascinating light on his own troubled past.

In his early days as a gunslinger, in the guilt ridden year following his mother's death, Roland is sent by his father to a ranch to investigate a recent slaughter. Here Roland discovers a bloody churn of bootprints, clawed animal tracks, terrible carnage – evidence that the 'skin-man', a shape shifter, is at work. There is only one surviving witness: a brave but terrified boy called Bill Streeter.

Roland, himself only a teenager, calms the boy by reciting a story from the Book of Eld that his mother used to read to him at bedtime, 'The Wind through the Keyhole.' 'A person's never too old for stories,' he says to Bill. 'Man and boy, girl and woman, we live for them.'

And stories like these, they live for us.

I actually enjoyed Bag of Bones quite a bit. They seemed to really stick pretty closely to the book and the actors seemed to do a pretty solid job. Always great to see King's books sometimes come to life.

Did the book give more of a reason that the guy's friends just stood around while he raped that singer?

One of my favorite works was The Langoliers!

Did the book give more of a reason that the guy's friends just stood around while he raped that singer?

Yeah, in the book there are a lot of deeper details that the television movie couldn't go into without making it another 2 to 3 hours, heh.

I'd suggest if you dug the show you'll definitely enjoy the book because you get a lot more details.

Finally watched Bag of Bones. I had hoped Brosnan's involvement would herald an improvement in quality over Garris' previous efforts but in the end it felt just as cheap as the rest of them. A lot of the dialogue felt forced and I wasn't fond of most of the cast either.

Perhaps I expect too much from made-for-tv movies or maybe I'm spoiled by the large number of regular shows these days that seem to have much higher production value but I wish they'd give the King adaptations a rest if they're going to continue to feel as low-quality as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"