The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Since the last one is closed, thought I'd open a new one. Didn't see any other rap/hip hop thread.

Just picked up the new Slaughterhouse EP. Pretty decent.

Also Saigon's debut album is streaming on Myspace. Sounds awesome.

Coming next Tuesday
ll3c4.jpg

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2012/07/50-cent-new-day-feat-dr-dre-alicia-keys-single-artwork/

GRODT is one of my favorite albums, but 50 hasn't been good/decent in while imo. His flow has been off and his beat selection has be limited to amateur producers/wack beats. I don't know but I have a good feeling about this song. I hope it's produced by Dre and I hope of this album 50 collabs with more artists

Last edited:
here's hoping for something decent from 50. i like the song he has out now

Probably a Dre throwaway. 50 really hasn't grabbed my attention in a long time.

What's everybody's thoughts on the new NaS album.I think it's decent.It's not his best,but it's not bad at all.I would personally recommend the Deluxe edition.The bonus tracks are some of my favorite on the album.

What's everybody's thoughts on the new NaS album.I think it's decent.It's not his best,but it's not bad at all.I would personally recommend the Deluxe edition.The bonus tracks are some of my favorite on the album.

It's dope, I think people don't rate Nas albums properly though. In retrospect, I can't really say this new album is significantly better than "The N" or "Hip hop is dead."

I think the difference is, its been 4 years since any new music, so maybe critics and fans are a little more conditioned to accept a Nas album now than perhaps at other times of his career, with all this garbage out.

I saw XXl give it a classic rating, I'm not sure about all that but IMO, his only really bad album was Nastradamus. He's always been consistent and this doesn't sound vastly superior to anything he's released since Stillmatic to me.

Album is dope, in my opinion. Definitely in my Top 10 Albums of the Year, so far. But yeah, I still have Illmatic/Stillmatic/It Was Written above this.

So how are none of y'all talking about Aesop Rock's new cd Skelethon?!?!? MASTERPIECE!! First cd I've ever actually ordered off the Internet it's that good

Kendrick Lamar and Ab Soul. That's all I'm listening to now.

batman_x_iron_man__otis_by_m7781-d565tk8.jpg

I think Batman/SUperman wouldve been better but still..

Nice to see it come out, it was supposed to come out on Tuesday.

My review
In short: It's okay

In long: The beat is ok, but it doesnt sound like a DR Dre beat. It sounds like something I would hear on some internet rappers mixtape. I said this a couple weeks ago, 50 needs to choose better beats. Just A Lil Bit (even though I dont like the song itself), I Get Money, Outta Control Remix, In da Club all had really good mainstream beats, but this one sounds so basic.

The lyrics are decent, I wasn't expecting much in this department. Alicia Keys was nice but I think she couldve had a good verse/better bridge. I think they shouldve gotten rid of Dre's verse and given Alicia a verse instead

At the end of the day, I see this at best being a modest hit. I think 50 shouldve done something with Alex Da Kid, who gave Em (Love the Way You Lie) and Dre (I Need a Doctor) big hits. But mainly I dont see the song, mainly the beat, being able to compete with the other popular rap songs out now

Beat sounds like Alicia Keys' "New Day" to me. It's an alright song. Fif sounded more interesting than he has done for a while, a little more personal. Goddamn Dre is boring.

It's basically the same beat as Alicia Keys' New Day. Just with a few added sounds like bass

Jay Electronica Releases Track List for Roc Nation Debut

Jay-Z's Roc Nation signee Jay Electronica (Jay squared!) appears to be coming down the final stretch of the album he said was finished a whole year ago and has been reportedly in the works for years. Act II: Patents of Nobility (The Turn) will mark the 35-year-old rapper's first major label release.

Here's some of what we're working with, per Electronica's Twitter: Two Kanye West features ("New Illuminati" and "Rough Love"), two tracks alongside his label boss Hova ("Road to Perdition," "Dinner at Tiffany's [The Shiny Suit Theory]," which'll also feature The-Dream and, interestingly, Charlotte Gainsbourg), the Diddy-guesting "Welcome to Knightsbridge," and an opener titled "Real Magic," followed by the mysterious tag "ft. Ronald Reagan."

In the iTunes screenshot Jay shared all this info through, there's also a song titled "Life on Mars" with a conspicuous "@FatBabyBella" after it, which is the Twitter handle of one Erykah Badu.

I hope this means his finally releasing his album and not just trolling everyone again.

Jay Electronica Releases Track List for Roc Nation Debut

I hope this means his finally releasing his album and not just trolling everyone again.
I can't wait to hear this. There is only a few rappers I'm listening to now: Odd Future, Notorious B.I.G.,little 2pac, Old Lil Wayne/Young Money, G.O.O.D. Music and Jay-z, Waka Flocka Flame, Lil B, and some Eminem. I especially want to hear New illuminati.

Hopefully that Jay Electronica album drops. And soon.

You guys see the cover for GOOD Music's (Kanye, Common, Big Sean, Pusha T, JOhn Legend. Q-Tip) album: Cruel Summer?
287dma9.jpg

I mean ehhh. I like Kanye's music but he's so self indulgent/pretentious now with some of his beats and now this cover imo. But the album will be good. I already like the 3 tracks that came out

Last edited:
I love the cover,I wonder is it comes with the Cruel Summer movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"