New Mutants The SUNSPOT shines bright - Henry Saga is the new Roberto DaCosta!

Agreed. Sometimes it really seems like the creative teams of this franchise only care about the comics heroes as background or secondary roles. Like wtf is wrong with them? :huh:

They always find a way for us to have a reason to whine. Its exhausting being a X-Men fan.

Even in X-MEN DOFP they got the casting of Sunspot wrong. Sunspot is supposed to be a dark skinned Afro Latino (Afro Brazilian to be more precise). Him having more prominent Black African features was a major part of the character's background and origin since he was the victim of racism by lighter skinned and/or white looking Brazilians. Which is a real problem in Brazil and throughout Latin America despite a large number of (if not MOST) Latinos (regardless of their skin tone) being at the very least, part Black.

I watched a video about those new DNA tests the other day and it made me laugh a bit. Turns out a lot of white people - including white supremacists - have some black in 'em. :funny:

Not me. I didn't pay to watch DR. STRANGE because of the racebending of the Ancient One. I stick to my guns when it comes to (intentional or unintentional) racist crap like this.

I'd be okay if they said something like the Ancient One's spirit reincarnates after death and in his first life he was Asian, then a buttefly, then.. so on and so forth and the current one was Tilda Swinton.. kind of like Avatar The Last Airbender lol

I didn't pay either xD

do you guys sneak into movies ? :funny:

that's what I'll do if Dark Phoenix gets bad reviews.

I believe it's illegal everywhere.

So, you guys think Sunspot would take his black look with yellow sparks as in the comics or would you rather they kept the look he had in Days of Future Past? I honestly like the comic book version better, especially if there's any chance we'll have Magma someday. That's already three pyrokinetics on the roster!

Depends if sunspot is meant to be a younger version of the one from DOFP.

I am gonna guess its probably not.

Well blink from the gifted is meant to be the same one (presumably)

In the long run there is a 50/50 chance either way.

big difference is the gifted is to films what gotham and the flash are to dceu no connection at all.future scenes in dofp are ilrelvent to films.

nothing in dofp future matters to sunspot seen in new mutants.

in years to come i suspect someone will do fan edit of dofp without any of the future scenes.

So, you guys think Sunspot would take his black look with yellow sparks as in the comics!

Hopefully! Sunspot in Dofp looked like Human Torch not the Sunspot of Marvel Comics.

He needs more dark spots and maybe a firefly effect? I don't know, but it did feel like the Human Torch to me too.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"