The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I don’t like y’all. I never put two and two together that Bane was kinky. LOL

tumblr_pj4g6lpJJp1rbqb4uo1_540.gif

Honestly, what was the reason for Bane having an exposed mouth in either BTAS or TNBA? Surely it would have saved some animation costs.

Spideypool idea: Deadpool grows suspicious that Spider-Man can't go on adventures and spies on him only to come to the conclusion that he's been ditching him for his new BFF some science nerd named, Peter Parker. :o

I very much agree, though I suspect part of the problem was they had all these projects in various stages of development before the wakeup call of Ant-Man bombing, and now they're not sure how to proceed with such a clogged pipeline. I'm sure there is a world where they decided to drop everything not directly connected to the wider Kang storyline, but the fact that audiences seem very lukewarm on it probably makes that unwise (I'm already pretty sick of Multiverse stuff at this point too).

I think after next year is when they’ll downshift to 2-3 movies per year. CA: New Order, Thunderbolts, Fantastic 4 and Blade in 2025 is just too much saturation.

I think after next year is when they’ll downshift to 2-3 movies per year. CA: New Order, Thunderbolts, Fantastic 4 and Blade in 2025 is just too much saturation.
It's Brave New World now. :o

Saw The Fall Guy tonight. Once again, you had Winston Duke right there, and they chose the garbage of Letitia Wright to be the next Black Panther. Damn shame. That guy is an action star.

Last edited:

Don't forget Armor Wars. Which to be fair, is easy to forget.

The Amazing Spider-Man films are genuinely some of my least favorite comic book films. From the moment of the suit reveal back in 2011, to the final product, something always felt off. A Spider-Man movie should never look dull or be depressing.

The worst thing for me is they're Frankenstein monster movies. Not unlike SM3 in that regard. TASM starts being about his dad disappearing, then that is dropped for a large portion and becomes about finding Ben's killer and becoming Spider-Man. Then it becomes about stopping the Lizard from turning the city into Lizards. 3 different movies that don't cleanly transition from one to the other. TASM2 similarly starts out about him breaking up with Gwen and Harry coming back, then about Electro being a bad rip off of BF Riddler, then it becomes about Harry suddenly dying of a disease it took his father like....40 more years to die of than Harry apparently is. Then Harry frees Electro and let's him fight Spider-Man with no assistance at all, then fights Spider-Man after he beats Electro (when a team-up would have clearly just ended in Spider-Man death). Then it's about sad Peter and the Sinister Six franchise building. Oh and his dad had a hidden subway base you needed coins he stored in a calculator to get into for no reason also. They're messes of movies. At least TASM is more or less 3 different movies cut into 3rds. TASM2 is like, 5 movies haphazardly assembled by a toddler

The Amazing Spider-Man films are genuinely some of my least favorite comic book films. From the moment of the suit reveal back in 2011, to the final product, something always felt off. A Spider-Man movie should never look dull or be depressing.
Sony trying to ride off the success of TDK and Twilight at the time.

The movie is still well-shot and technically made, but I agree I’m still not a fan of the aesthetic for the same reasons you said.

I actually like the visual look of TASM 2 more despite that one sucking more as whole.

Sony trying to ride off the success of TDK and Twilight at the time.

The movie is still well-shot and technically made, but I agree I’m still not a fan of the aesthetic for the same reasons you said.

I actually like the visual look of TASM 2 more despite that one sucking more as whole.
Ironically, TASM2 is considered a worse movie but at least Garfields poratrayal is more in line with what we're used to in that one, emma stone is great, the costume is great, and the visuals are great. Still, the Green Goblin in that movie was an abomination. I remember feeling deflated and so indifferent when I left the theater. I just didn't care, honestly. I kinda cringed at the end when they were trying to tease future villains because I knew this an attempt at chasing the MCU model as well.

Going back to around 2010 when Spider-Man 4 was cancelled, there was a lot of people on this forum that was frusrated with people like me for being aprehensive about a reboot. I saw some say they didn't want epic swinging scenes, and for it to be smaller and more grounded. I never really understood those desires, tbh. No offense to anybody who likes TASM, but it just sounded to me like some Spider-Man fans were jealous of the reception to TDK, which doesn't make sense. Spider-Man had already had a GROUNDBREAKING adaption with the Raimi trilogy, despite S-M3's initial mixed reception. TASM was just one of a few examples of studios trying to "fix" a character that didn't need fixing just to chase the popular trend at the time. It was bizzare and still is. Also, the suit in the first TASM film is still awful.

"The untold story". More like, the unnecesary subplot that we are using for the sake of being different. You don't write Peter Parker into an unlikeable **** over 2 characters tthat really were never important figures in Peters life in the comics except for maybe a few issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"