• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Been catching up on season 3 of Superman & Lois. Don't think a show has ever got me as emotional as this one has. Great show.

Gunn could have done a lot a worse than speak to the S&L guys when he started making Superman.
That show had my favourite live action Clark Kent ever and also my favourite Clark/Lois team. Watching that show should be part of Gunn’s compulsory prep for the film.

That is a long, long way from that kind of opening. One day in presales means nothing, especially this far out.
Spider-Man is a top 3 superhero along with Superman and Batman. Ain't no way you X-People seeing those numbers anytime soon. :o

I always knew Deadpool & Wolverine was going to make a lot of money and its definitely starting to look like its easily going to be the biggest film of the year unless something else surprises.

I'm not expecting NWH numbers but it feels like the most hype for any superhero film since that one which is only good news for the genre IMO considering how badly most of them struggled last year.

I'm just hoping the movie is good if not great.

Of all the Trek movies you can re-release, The Search for Spock? Really? That's for me, the worst OG film. Final Frontier is objectively worse, but more fun to watch. Search for Spock is boring, badly written, and just suuuuuuuuuuucks. Do Voyage Home or Wrath of Khan or Undiscovered Country instead!
They’re doing them for their 40th anniversaries, so they did Wrath of Khan two years ago. The Voyage Home will presumably be next in 2 more years lol.

They’re doing them for their 40th anniversaries, so they did Wrath of Khan two years ago. The Voyage Home will presumably be next in 2 more years lol.
Gotcha. Still, they could have skipped this one :o saved themselves whatever it costs to book screenings for this lol

That is a long, long way from that kind of opening. One day in presales means nothing, especially this far out.
Nobody's expecting an opening that big. I meant strictly ticket presales. I can't think of any other movie since then to make a lot of noise on that front apart from Dune 2 crashing AMC's website.

Spider-Man is a top 3 superhero along with Superman and Batman. Ain't no way you X-People seeing those numbers anytime soon. :o

Oh, but I get called pessismistic for saying it won't hit a billion.

Nobody's expecting an opening that big. I meant strictly ticket presales. I can't think of any other movie since then to make a lot of noise on that front apart from Dune 2 crashing AMC's website.

For some reason, comic book nerds are the only ones that care about these numbers. Same as with trailer views.

For some reason, comic book nerds are the only ones that care about these numbers. Same as with trailer views.
I usually only treat ticket presales as a solid indicator of a movie's potential success if they end up crashing the sites in a major way. It was easy to predict that The Force Awakens, Endgame and No Way Home would cakewalk to a billion when Fandango, AMC, etc. all crashed when tickets went up. I would think Deadpool & Wolverine tickets generating this much in presales two months out is a good sign but it could also be frontloaded too.

I don't usually pay much attention to trailer views although looking at the numbers it used to hold more weight to it with trailers for billion dollar hits like Infinity War, Endgame and No Way Home but then for some inexplicable reason the trailer for Transformers: Rise of the Beasts is up there too. :shrug:

Technically, Wanda was with essentially a child given Vision was like....only a couple years old from when he was made in AoU to IW :o
Miss Maximoff:

take-a-seat-chris-hansen.gif

*Ahem* Days of Future Past and both Deadpools outgrossed Man of Steel. Superman's a boy scout who doesn't even curse, no one cares about him anymore. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"