• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I know Lanterns is a left over title from the original rendition of this show so they probably dropped "Green" to distance itself from the movie. But I'm kinda hoping that if they are still calling it that because it's an indication that we may potentially be following other Lantern crops as well (if not season 1, maybe later seasons). Doubtful but one can hope.

The Black Lanterns are OP and metal because they can brainwash anyone who has died into their ranks, but their battery is Batman's skull. I forgot why.
The Anti-Monitor was the battery. Bruce's skull (despite it being a Darkseid clone) was used as an emortional tether to all turn all the other Justice League members that had previously died but weren't currently dead into Black Lanterns. Why the skull specifically needed to be the tether and not something else, I dunno lol

Last edited:
db8601c9-c97f-4662-84a8-3ecaa6bf0205_text.gif

77c77fbc0f89585172717747a272890992bab926.gif
oscar-the.gif

Just might have to watch this Green Lantern show. Don't know a lick about GL except the "In brightest day, in blackest night... blah blah".
Lanterns can also make life size Hot Wheels tracks with their rings. Really cool stuff! :o

But seriously I'm hopeful for Lanterns. That's one DC franchise that could desperately use a win.

Lanterns can also make life size Hot Wheels tracks with their rings. Really cool stuff! :o

But seriously I'm hopeful for Lanterns. That's one DC franchise that could desperately use a win.

I'm pretty certain I watched about twenty minutes of that movie on Netflix and turned it off. :o

However, I will say the writers they have for Lanterns is the same energy that I wanted for MCU X-Men. But alas. :csad:

I'm pretty certain I watched about twenty minutes of that movie on Netflix and turned it off. :o

However, I will say the writers they have for Lanterns is the same energy that I wanted for MCU X-Men. But alas. :csad:
Storm turning a desert to glass and Wolverine being encased in Adamantium armor will never happen. 😭

With King confirmed as well, Lanterns just became my 2nd most-anticipated DCU project after Superman. Let’s gooooooo!!!! :mrk:
I didn't expect to be particularly hyped for DC's next universe (until/unless it was a few quality projects deep), after such consistent self-destruction every time any kind of promise/hope emerged. Gunn being put in charge and then also choosing to direct Supes didn't raise my optimism. Since then though he's said a lot of the right things and we have a great Clark, Lois, Kara & Lex. Superman, Supergirl and Lanterns could be an awesome way to kick things off for me. I always wanted the GL property to be approached with a multiple Lantern dynamic and I didn't expect them to get high quality people in - hopes rising fast (I never learn :funny:).

I can't understate how excited I am for Lanterns but there's still a part of me that wishes they were doing it as a film instead of a show. Thanks Ryan Reynolds lol.

So we’ve all accepted that Blade is never happening right?

I really don't get it. You're writing about a cynical dhampir who thinks vampires are the scum of the Earth and wants to slay them all to make the world a less f'ed up place.

Get all that down in a script with a good fight coordinating team and blood.

200w.gif

With King confirmed as well, Lanterns just became my 2nd most-anticipated DCU project after Superman. Let’s gooooooo!!!! :mrk:
One of the other writers also worked on Counterpart, which has me excited since that show was fantastic (RIP). Really hope this means we get some casting news for John and Hal in the next few months.

I really don't get it. You're writing about a cynical dhampir who thinks vampires are the scum of the Earth and wants to slay them all to make the world a less f'ed up place.

Get all that down in a script with a good fight coordinating team and blood.

View attachment 91667
Kevin Feige, probably: “But what if they were multiversal vampires? Huh, huh?”

So we’ve all accepted that Blade is never happening right?
Funniest outcome will be if they took so long that Ali walks away and makes his own vampire hunter movie and it still out comes out first and is great. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"