The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Nitpicky criticism of Hugh’s current Wolverine look. I’m not crazy about the hair. In some of his previous appearances, he had the classic, full, spiky, Wolvie hairdo. The current style just makes him look like a guy with some split ends lol.
I miss the look he had in the first two X-Men movies but they took it a little too far in The Last Stand. I think that one may have been a wig.

1714665734837.png

I’m really warming up to this duo after not being initially too excited about the prospect of seeing them together, and having had my fill of Fox Deadpool after 2. I’m now totally looking forward to the film and its marketing unlike some of the other upcoming CBMs.

I keep seeing these takes on Twitter, so I ask, Who’s on your comic book supervillain Mount Rushmore?

For me it’s Magneto, Lex, Joker and Dark Phoenix.

Comics: Magneto, Green Goblin (Norman version), Kingpin, Jackal (yes I said it), Morbius (so tragic), Black Cat (she started as a villain then became a lover), Will o' the Wisp (also tragic, would love to see a live-action version), Puma

Movies: Thanos, Joker, Magneto, Kingpin

On a different note, I checked out the list of every Marvel Movie made outside of the MCU, and I noticed I have some gaps to fill. I still haven't seen:

Captain America (1944)
Howard The Duck
The Punisher (1989)
Captain America (1990)
Fantastic Four (1994)
Blade: Trinity
Elektra
Man-Thing
Punisher: War Zone
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Looks like I've got some catching up to do :hehe:

Wait, what? He-Man’s fandom has also be usurped by toxic incels or something? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised; I just hadn’t heard anything about it except maybe some idiots complaining that one of the newer animated shows was “woke” or whatever.

Oh, I wasn't talking about He-man, I was talking about Voltron. The Voltron toxicity is a WHOLE different kind of toxicity that plagued He-man.

The Buffy and Avatar shipping wars were nothing compared to Voltron....

What are the odds Sam never actually wears this thing for more than one scene, and it only exists for the international posters?

Sidebar, but I finally watched two episodes of Invincible last night, and I don’t think it’s my cup of tea.

It’s weird because it kind of should be, but it’s not. And must every Amazon produced superhero show be a deconstruction?

Comics: Magneto, Green Goblin (Norman version), Kingpin, Jackal (yes I said it), Morbius (so tragic), Black Cat (she started as a villain then became a lover), Will o' the Wisp (also tragic, would love to see a live-action version), Puma

Movies: Thanos, Joker, Magneto, Kingpin

On a different note, I checked out the list of every Marvel Movie made outside of the MCU, and I noticed I have some gaps to fill. I still haven't seen:

Captain America (1944)
Howard The Duck
The Punisher (1989)
Captain America (1990)
Fantastic Four (1994)
Blade: Trinity
Elektra
Man-Thing
Punisher: War Zone
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Looks like I've got some catching up to do :hehe:

Impressive lists! But sis let me save you some time about Blade Trinity and Elektra
IMG_0118.gif
But the Fantastic Four movie is still the best one ever. And that was a low budget, unreleased flick.

Oh, I wasn't talking about He-man, I was talking about Voltron. The Voltron toxicity is a WHOLE different kind of toxicity that plagued He-man.

The Buffy and Avatar shipping wars were nothing compared to Voltron....

I vaguely remember stories about Netflix Voltron, what happened?

Captain America (1944) - It is what it is
Howard The Duck - Trash
The Punisher (1989) - Surprisingly decent
Captain America (1990) - So bad it's good
Fantastic Four (1994) - Best FF film made to date....buuuuuut you have to take the lack of a budget into consideration when watching it. It's good...relative to its budget and such
Blade: Trinity -  Trash
Elektra -  Trash
Man-Thing -  Trash
Punisher: War Zone -  Trash
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Cinema

Also, @Batgirl0202 if you are going down this rabbit hole, I recommend Doctor Mordrid Master of the Unknown. It started life as a Doctor Strange movie, but the rights expired. But Full Moon Studios made the movie anyway, they just called him something else and changed a few plot details. But it's clearly a reworked Doctor Strange movie from the early 90s with that same low budget energy

I vaguely remember stories about Netflix Voltron, what happened?

Like I said, fans were very, very, very invested into their ships. And then you have the general loss of quality in the last two seasons. And the real firestarter was revealing one of the main characters was gay, only to promptly kill of their partner the same episode.

Voltron Legendary Defender is still largely a great show. But it developed a toxic fanbase.

Punisher War Zone was such a weird one. It starts out like an ultraviolent, low-rent action movie, and Ray Stevenson is pretty good as Frank. But shortly after Jigsaw’s disfigurement, the movie just goes completely off the rails and ventures into Batman & Robin territory (only worse because it’s just boring). I have no idea what they were thinking with that movie.

I miss the look he had in the first two X-Men movies but they took it a little too far in The Last Stand. I think that one may have been a wig.
X2 had some rough moments wig-wise too
I still remember a shot from early in the movie when Logan's looking at the wolf near Alkali base, and his hair is like 3 feet tall

Sidebar, but I finally watched two episodes of Invincible last night, and I don’t think it’s my cup of tea.

It’s weird because it kind of should be, but it’s not. And must every Amazon produced superhero show be a deconstruction?
Well it makes sense considering the Amazon founder is a bald billionaire. Those types tend not to be a big fan of good guys with capes. :o

Punisher War Zone was such a weird one. It starts out like an ultraviolent, low-rent action movie, and Ray Stevenson is pretty good as Frank. But shortly after Jigsaw’s disfigurement, the movie just goes completely off the rails and ventures into Batman & Robin territory (only worse because it’s just boring). I have no idea what they were thinking with that movie.
I can only guess that it was industrial quantities of hallucinogens consumed by the creators halfway through production. Really is a crazy one. :D

I can only guess that it was industrial quantities of hallucinogens consumed by the creators halfway through production. Really is a crazy one. :D

It’s hard to tell who gives the worst performance in that movie. Dominic West as Jigsaw, Doug Hutchison as his stupid brother, or Dash Mihok as Soap. All of them should have won Razzies for their roles.

Also, @Batgirl0202 if you are going down this rabbit hole, I recommend Doctor Mordrid Master of the Unknown. It started life as a Doctor Strange movie, but the rights expired. But Full Moon Studios made the movie anyway, they just called him something else and changed a few plot details. But it's clearly a reworked Doctor Strange movie from the early 90s with that same low budget energy

You just reminded me, I also need to add Dr. Strange (1978) to my list as well. I didn't include it because, according to Wiki, that was a television movie...

In fact, I haven't seen any of the Marvel live-action TV series either. Not The Amazing Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Legion, Runaways, Gifted, Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter, Cloak & Dagger, Helstrom, or Mutant X. And I just found out too there was a short-lived, live action Blade series as well on Spike TV years ago :huh:

And on the DC side, I still need to tackle the entire Arrowverse, the 70's Wonder Woman show, and all the various Superman shows as well. And don't even get me started on the animated stuff, though recently I did watch Spectacular Spider-Man, My Adventures With Superman, Gotham Knights, Gotham, and the Spider-Woman cartoon (1979)...

Sometimes I feel like I deserve to have my geek card revoked :oldrazz:

tumblr_m6uglfYrML1rw9v5eo1_500.gif

You just reminded me, I also need to add Dr. Strange (1978) to my list as well. I didn't include it because, according to Wiki, that was a television movie...

In fact, I haven't seen any of the Marvel live-action TV series either. Not The Amazing Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Legion, Runaways, Gifted, Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter, Cloak & Dagger, Helstrom, or Mutant X. And I just found out too there was a short-lived, live action Blade series as well on Spike TV years ago :huh:

And on the DC side, I still need to tackle the entire Arrowverse, the 70's Wonder Woman show, and all the various Superman shows as well. And don't even get me started on the animated stuff, though recently I did watch Spectacular Spider-Man, My Adventures With Superman, Gotham Knights, Gotham, and the Spider-Woman cartoon (1979)...

Sometimes I feel like I deserve to have my geek card revoked :oldrazz:

View attachment 89202
Don't feel bad, most of them aren't worth it lol

(though tbh Legion season 1 was amazing, Agents of Shield had its moments, Superman & Lois is solid, and Cloak & Dagger wasn't that bad imo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"