The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

You just reminded me, I also need to add Dr. Strange (1978) to my list as well. I didn't include it because, according to Wiki, that was a television movie...

In fact, I haven't seen any of the Marvel live-action TV series either. Not The Amazing Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Legion, Runaways, Gifted, Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter, Cloak & Dagger, Helstrom, or Mutant X. And I just found out too there was a short-lived, live action Blade series as well on Spike TV years ago :huh:

And on the DC side, I still need to tackle the entire Arrowverse, the 70's Wonder Woman show, and all the various Superman shows as well. And don't even get me started on the animated stuff, though recently I did watch Spectacular Spider-Man, My Adventures With Superman, Gotham Knights, Gotham, and the Spider-Woman cartoon (1979)...

Sometimes I feel like I deserve to have my geek card revoked :oldrazz:

View attachment 89202

Mutant X is a weird one. Its not related to the comics. And in fact, Marvel made it and got sued by Fox because it was "too close to the X-men". Fun, but it is no Alphas.

I'm impressed that you already saw the Nick Fury movie.

Nope never saw that one either. In fact, I didn't even know a Nick Fury movie existed until this very moment :oldrazz:

EDIT: First I'm hearing of Alphas too. The premise sounds intriguing - too bad it's not streaming anywhere here in Canada :huh:

How could you not hear about Hoff as Nick Fury.

Yeah, a lot of Syfy's stuff is lost in streaming limbo. But Alphas was goddamn amazing.

You just reminded me, I also need to add Dr. Strange (1978) to my list as well. I didn't include it because, according to Wiki, that was a television movie...

In fact, I haven't seen any of the Marvel live-action TV series either. Not The Amazing Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Legion, Runaways, Gifted, Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter, Cloak & Dagger, Helstrom, or Mutant X. And I just found out too there was a short-lived, live action Blade series as well on Spike TV years ago :huh:

And on the DC side, I still need to tackle the entire Arrowverse, the 70's Wonder Woman show, and all the various Superman shows as well. And don't even get me started on the animated stuff, though recently I did watch Spectacular Spider-Man, My Adventures With Superman, Gotham Knights, Gotham, and the Spider-Woman cartoon (1979)...

Sometimes I feel like I deserve to have my geek card revoked :oldrazz:

View attachment 89202
They have some really old Batman and Superman stuff from the 40's and 50's on Tubi if you want to upgrade to geek connoisseur.

Looking at the pictures I genuinely thought that was the Beard Hunter from Doom Patrol, but I guess I just found another set of suspiciously similar looking actors.
Beard Hunter is such a disturbing character.

What kind of silly marketing is this lol he hired him.

X2 had some rough moments wig-wise too
I still remember a shot from early in the movie when Logan's looking at the wolf near Alkali base, and his hair is like 3 feet tall
That's because reshoots for X2 occurred while he was doing Val Helsing, and they weren't allowed to do anything about his hair besides have him wear a wig.

That's because reshoots for X2 occurred while he was doing Val Helsing, and they weren't allowed to do anything about his hair besides have him wear a wig.
Speaking of X2, did Rogue do anything in this film? Scott and Charles get brainwashed, Pyro and Bobby had a dick measuring contest, Storm and Nightcrawler stopped Jason, Jean goes Phoenix to save everyone, Magneto and Mystique trap Stryker.

I’ll guess H.E.R.B.I.E or Mole Man.

Bro is such a legend.

giphy.gif

a1c2e3abd2f506d11c6b5967b17541558a5c25e6.gifv

Punisher War Zone was such a weird one. It starts out like an ultraviolent, low-rent action movie, and Ray Stevenson is pretty good as Frank. But shortly after Jigsaw’s disfigurement, the movie just goes completely off the rails and ventures into Batman & Robin territory (only worse because it’s just boring). I have no idea what they were thinking with that movie.
They adapted Garth Ennis Max stuff but overlooked the fact Ennis stuff is mostly satirical.

The Punisher shooting that guy right in front of Colin Salmon's frustrated cop character was a funny scene though. Also it's the one Punisher movie that doesn't make him former law enforcement which is a plus since Castle's lack of faith in the justice system is a key part of why he becomes a vigilante.

Mutant X is a weird one. Its not related to the comics. And in fact, Marvel made it and got sued by Fox because it was "too close to the X-men". Fun, but it is no Alphas.

I'm impressed that you already saw the Nick Fury movie.

That Nick Fury movie is a real treat of absolute nonsense. Any Real Housewives fan will get a kick out of Lisa Rinna playing Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, I certainly did. She's kind of the best thing about it. The movie would make an incredible double feature with the 90s Captain America, who's always feigning illness and stealing cars.

Last edited:
Deadline.com is doing their annual “Most Valuable Movie” tally. But they also take note of the biggest money losers. And according to them, these are at the top (bottom):

The Marvels (Disney) <$237M>

The Flash (WB) <$155M>

Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny (Disney) <$143M>

Wish (Disney) <$131M>

Haunted Mansion (Disney) <$117M>

By their own criteria, Deadline doesn’t include movies produced for streaming — even if they had a theatrical run. E.g.: Killers of the Flower Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"