The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I loved his GOTG films and TSS, but not so much the other movies of his I saw. But I am actually excited to see his Superman and I am hoping he steps out of his comfort zone a bit for it. Want to see if he can expand his horizons a bit
I'm no Gunn fanboy but I'll admit that for me he's 4 for 4 when it comes to his comic book movies. I have faith that he knows what he's doing. He was allowed certain creative liberties with Guardians and the Suicide Squad but I seriously doubt he's going to treat Superman in the same manner.

After seeing this pic and the one with David, James and Rachel reading Superman comics I don’t think that extra weight is agreeing with Davids face.

The suit is…well let’s just wait for the trailer to see how it looks in motion lol.

The suit looks ok in the first pic, not great, but fine. I like the fact he looks a bit disgruntled while pulling his boots on.

How it looks in the trailers and final film is still up in the air.

I don't know if it's because I've entered my 30s or what, but the dramatic negative reactions have been hilarious and pathetic to me. We've been through this sooooo many times over the years with this genre where one thing just completely ruins it before even an ounce of footage is seen.

Gotta love how some are saying the red trunks are bad and will throw the general audience off. Superman had red trunks for 70+ years. Way to expose the fact that you think Snyder legitimized Superman. Trust me, if anything, the the general audience will welcome the trunks back.

I am a 6"2 guy, so if I really applied myself at a gym, I could probably get pretty big. But I haven't done much in a gym since my football playing days. Really need to start doing some of that, but between work and the 2 kids, I just never feel the motivation lol

Now that we see he has the red trunks, I just know Gunn has some dick jokes in the chamber for this movie.

That’s when I’m walking out.

LOL, I really don’t think he’ll do that. I hope not anyway.

Then again, I never though I’d hear the words “dick splash” in a Superman movie.

Last edited:
It baffles me how they can make a cool, simple concept like a CG animated Transformers movie and then completely **** it over with the writing. It's time to stop with the ****ty Illumination humor we've been getting for the better part of a decade.

I am so in the mood to watch Transformers The Movie again! If only GI Joe The Movie had been even a fraction as awesome :csad:

They do know, that at a certain point, it becomes obvious that the actors juicing, right?

I wonder if they're keeping the origin of Martha having a hand in its creation?
Yes please. That aspect is important to me and the suit loses some of its meaning without it. I want Ma & Pa Kent to be supporting characters that feature in and survive this film.

That's pretty much where I'm at.

To be honest, I haven't been as excited for this film, because getting James Gunn to direct a Superman film feels like WB haven't really learned their lesson.

Yet again, they get a guy known for edgier material, a guy who'd probably prefer to direct Batman.

I'd love to see them hire someone who likes Superman the way Raimi likes Spider-Man, or the way Jenkins likes Wonder Woman.
I agree with most of this but I see it as WB got Gunn to manage the DCU but there wasn’t any obligation from them on him to direct Supes and they would likely have been fine if he appointed someone good that met their tastes. ie Gunn as the one pulling the strings specifically wants to do this when he could easily have just done Batman instead.

I was also a bit annoyed when Gunn chose to take this hugely important project on while also managing the DCU (a titanic job), but over time he’s been convincing me that he understands the character and can put out something that honours the important aspects of Superman while also having a bit of Gunn quirkiness to it.

I am a 6"2 guy, so if I really applied myself at a gym, I could probably get pretty big. But I haven't done much in a gym since my football playing days. Really need to start doing some of that, but between work and the 2 kids, I just never feel the motivation lol

So Spider this you?

IMG_0205.gif

LOL.

I loved his GOTG films and TSS, but not so much the other movies of his I saw. But I am actually excited to see his Superman and I am hoping he steps out of his comfort zone a bit for it. Want to see if he can expand his horizons a bit
We already know Gunn can get crazy with lesser known characters and mix in an emotional base amongst his edgier hardcore stuff. If he nails a Supes film it will show he has varied talents and I’ll be very impressed. I’m a lot more confident than I was when it was first announced he was directing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"