The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Streaming bundles are about cosolidating and cornering the market.

A lot of streaming platforms around at the moment and most people only have one or two. Combining various streaming outlets into one bundle makes them a more attractive package and gives them a advantage over their rivals.

Huh?

I think if we get crossovers, they'd start in animation.

After few years after The Final Fate of the Flash in Crisis on Infinite Earths, a bearded tow headed fellow in a distressed superhero suit showed up in a Marvel Quasar comic and easily won a race involving many of Marvel's most prominent speedsters. The character believed his name to be "Buried Alien", leading readers to think this may have been Barry Allen avoiding death by moving to Marvel.

That would have been an easy and easily deniable crossover, again if Ezra wasn't awful. Ezra shows up in tattered clothing outside Quill's grandfather's house in a GOTG 3 post credit scene saying he thinks his name is Buried Alien. In a post credit scene in the Flash movie we see Ezra having lunch with Chris Pratt in a diner asking what earth he was on. It would have been a fun intercompany crossover with no legal clearance required, akin to the unofficial Rutland Vt Halloween Parade crossovers back in the 1970s.

But you are right, animation is the most likely place for crossovers with What If? a likely place if it were to happen.

Finally got around to watching Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom...

My verdict? It was okay. I enjoyed it while it was playing but not essential by any means. Not great, not terrible, just another standard-issue CBM. I did realize while watching it though that I'm tired of Jason Momoa's schtick. Sure he's charming enough in the role but I'm ready for a more regal, stoic interpretation of Arthur Curry/Orin, perhaps with a less dudebroey actor...

I also liked that the very last scene of the DCEU was of Patrick Wilson eating a cockroach. That's oddly appropriate I think :oldrazz:

Now that I've seen all the recent DCEU films, here's how I'd rate them:

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
The Flash
Black Adam

Looking at the DCEU as a whole, these are my favourites:

Wonder Woman (2017)
Birds of Prey
Blue Beetle
Shazam! (2019)
The Suicide Squad (2021)
Aquaman (2018)
Zack Snyder's Justice League

And that's a wrap. Rest In Peace DCEU. Now bring on the new DCU and Superman Legacy :supes:

Finally got around to watching Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom...

My verdict? It was okay. I enjoyed it while it was playing but not essential by any means. Not great, not terrible, just another standard-issue CBM. I did realize while watching it though that I'm tired of Jason Momoa's schtick. Sure he's charming enough in the role but I'm ready for a more regal, stoic interpretation of Arthur Curry/Orin, perhaps with a less dudebroey actor...

I also liked that the very last scene of the DCEU was of Patrick Wilson eating a cockroach. That's oddly appropriate I think :oldrazz:

Now that I've seen all the recent DCEU films, here's how I'd rate them:

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
The Flash
Black Adam

Looking at the DCEU as a whole, these are my favourites:

Wonder Woman (2017)
Birds of Prey
Blue Beetle
Shazam! (2019)
The Suicide Squad (2021)
Aquaman (2018)
Zack Snyder's Justice League

And that's a wrap. Rest In Peace DCEU. Now bring on the new DCU and Superman Legacy :supes:
I feel like everyone went into Aquaman 2 expecting molten garbage but it ended up being surprisingly tolerable.

84_years_meme.jpg

Let's goooo!

Why can’t we just get 1 episode weekly?

X-Men 97 has the right idea, excluding the first two episodes.

Thats a big mistake on their part. They should be releasing this weekly. I feel like this "weekend binge" model has run its course and is detrimental to the series. People will talk about it for a week and then it disappears from the zeitgeist. Releasing weekly keeps it in the conversation and builds hype and anticipation for the next one. X-men 97 blows up social media each week because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"