The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

All I know is I just rewatched Inception just now, and my god is that a good movie. Easily my favorite Nolan film and in general one of my favorites. I have zero complaints about it, lol!

Hot take, I know :o

Not counting his Batman stuff, Memento is by and far away my favorite of his just on creativity and originality alone. Also, The Prestige gets better and better every time I rewatch it.

09daa46ff0c8738b490f1ea75b6b3a81db586ae0.gifv

Not counting his Batman stuff, Memento is by and far away my favorite of his just on creativity and originality alone. Also, The Prestige gets better and better every time I rewatch it.

09daa46ff0c8738b490f1ea75b6b3a81db586ae0.gifv
You can include his Batman stuff, and Inception is still the champion of his films IMO. Honestly, I don't even think it's close either

Can we all agree that Insomnia is his worst film though?
Now, for this I DO have a hot take: his worst film is The Dark Knight Rises. IMO. I have gone off on why I dislike it plenty of times in these threads, but yeah....easily my least favorite Nolan movie by a country mile. I do not like that movie. I also intensely disliked Tenet. Both those I would put below Insomnia

Also have you actually SEEN Memento @Spider-Fan? Here's a clip to refresh your memory:

Memento is great, I don't disagree. I also am a big fan of The Prestige as well. Always loved that movie. But Inception is just....a masterfully executed movie. As an action movie, heist movie, sci-fi movie, and character study.

Fair enough. I like TDKR but my God are their plot holes.

Insomnia is just bland and awful though, IMO. I hated Interstellar too but it inspired some other things I liked so I guess that counts for something. Tenet was insane but I liked it. If you’ve only seen it once, I recommend watching it again while stoned. It will all make sense.

I find it interesting that when Inception came out, it was the biggest movie of that year, got everybody talking about it and it kind of faded away in the public consciousness in the last 5+ years... whereas Interstellar was huge at the time, then kinda forgotten about, and now it's absolutely huge in the public consciousness in the past couple of years through tiktok memes and youtube reactions.

Like people are rediscovering Interstallar so much more than Inception but I always remember Inception being the bigger movie pop culture wise.

I find it interesting that when Inception came out, it was the biggest movie of that year, got everybody talking about it and it kind of faded away in the public consciousness in the last 5+ years... whereas Interstellar was huge at the time, then kinda forgotten about, and now it's absolutely huge in the public consciousness in the past couple of years through tiktok memes and youtube reactions.

Like people are redisovering Interstallar so much more than Inception ever was but I always remember Inception being the bigger movie pop culture wise.
Interstellar would be my pick for my 2nd favorite Nolan film. I was on board day 1 with that movie. I am glad it's getting a bit of a revision in its legacy. But I hope no one tries doing that to me with Tenet in 10 years. Cause it ain't gonna work :o

The Prestige is my favorite Nolan film. Tenet my least.

Insomnia is a fine thriller, it just isn't special in the way many of his other films are. There are many, many filmmakers for which Insomnia would be their masterpiece.

I rank Inception pretty low for Nolan but that means I still like it better than most other directors best movies. Actually a much, much bigger fan of Tenet if we’re talking Nolan Bond riffs.

Insomnia was basically his first studio gig that Nolan accepted because Jonathan Demme dropped out of the project and the studio needed someone to fill his shoes.

The Prestige is my favorite Nolan film. Tenet my least.

Insomnia is a fine thriller, it just isn't special in the way many of his other films are. There are many, many filmmakers for which Insomnia would be their masterpiece.
1715303544255.gif

I didn't care for Tenet's plot at all but I did enjoy the action sequences and acting performances. It evened itself out to the point where I don't love it but I don't hate it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"