The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I've always thought of Insomnia as "Nolan's Jackie Brown," in that it's his attempt at a more "normal" movie that has less of his trademark style and is more of a showcase for talented people just doing what they do best. That said, Jackie Brown is my favorite QT movie while Insomnia is not my favorite Nolan movie, but I chalk that up to me just finding Nolan's trademark style more appealing than I find QT's.

I mean… the entire cast is great. That’s something, isn’t it?
I believe they called the main four cast members, in their own words, “meh”.

Don’t agree with that particular sentiment, but, to quote a wise old sage:

The F4 cast is good overall. It’s not super exciting or inspired, but it’s good. idk if that means anything under the MCU though.

Yeah that Doc Strange cast could have gotten bigger roles, but I still love that movie.

I've always thought of Insomnia as "Nolan's Jackie Brown," in that it's his attempt at a more "normal" movie that has less of his trademark style and is more of a showcase for talented people just doing what they do best. That said, Jackie Brown is my favorite QT movie while Insomnia is not my favorite Nolan movie, but I chalk that up to me just finding Nolan's trademark style more appealing than I find QT's.

e096a411cc181d18fa4db0396a9a0285.gif

I do not like these choices. No siree.

If this is the best they can come up with, then you're right, the movie is doomed.

I'm chalking it up to clickbait though. Atleast I'm praying so.

I love The Prestige. I might be bias because I simply love that period of history (Late Victorian/Late Gilded Age).

Plus it’s a stripped down drama. It has the stylish trappings of a Nolan movie but none of the narrative bloat and scale.

I wish he would make something in that $30-50M range again.

If this is the best they can come up with, then you're right, the movie is doomed.

I'm chalking it up to clickbait though. Atleast I'm praying so.

I mean, those choices are definitely in line with what Iger has been talking about in terms of "movies should not have a message". And I find them more believable than the various Coogler rumors I've seen.

I mean, those choices are definitely in line with what Iger has been talking about in terms of "movies should not have a message". And I find them more believable than the various Coogler rumors I've seen.
I wonder if Iger believes any of his BS.

Can we all agree that Insomnia is his worst film though?
No. He doesn't really have a worst movie though, considering I think all his films are varying degress of good to great. I'd say following is my least fave, and then Memento, which may be an unpopular opinion. I really love Insomnia.

Last edited:
Quick sidebar, but @Kane52630 we getting this for a late Juneteenth gift?

ed5fa0a3f1e648934db51cce24b87b71b5f87d2d.gifv

DVD? They couldn't give it the BTAS treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"