The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

ed5fa0a3f1e648934db51cce24b87b71b5f87d2d.gifv

DVD? They couldn't give it the BTAS treatment?
Ah yes the reaction to the Superman suit. :o

I'm skeptical. I think there are a handful of properties like Mario or Zelda that can generate that interest, but there is a long list of failures that died on the vine. Not that studios won't try. They most certainly will. But it being successful in the way the MCU was seems unlikely to me.

I'm skeptical. I think there are a handful of properties like Mario or Zelda that can generate that interest, but there is a long list of failures that died on the vine. Not that studios won't try. They most certainly will. But it being successful in the way the MCU was seems unlikely to me.
They're already cashing in on these mascot horror games like Five Nights at Freddy's and Poppy Playtime. Sonic, Pokémon, Mario, Zelda are at least staples in gaming. Fallout, Last of Us, and Halo have their shows. I can see why this trend is happening. I personally can't wait to see a Metroid movie.

I think Castlevania would work better as a series if you gave it a proper budget. Would allow you to more easily include the various horror icons more effectively.

A live-action Castlevania could slap if done right.

I think Castlevania would work better as a series if you gave it a proper budget. Would allow you to more easily include the various horror icons more effectively.
Everyone's a rock star now by crapping on the animated Netflix series. :o

Everyone's a rock star now by crapping on the animated Netflix series. :o
I am not crapping on it. I am just saying I think something more complicated like a Metroid or Castlevania works better as a series. I fear a movie would just end up being Van Helsing and not work. Especially if you're trying to do a Metroidvania concept. For something like that, exploration and atmosphere ARE the experience. That lends itself better as a high end series. IMO

I am not crapping on it. I am just saying I think something more complicated like a Metroid or Castlevania works better as a series. I fear a movie would just end up being Van Helsing and not work. Especially if you're trying to do a Metroidvania concept. For something like that, exploration and atmosphere ARE the experience. That lends itself better as a high end series. IMO
I'm just saying we have a Castlevania series. :p

Metroid is simple. Samus she's a girl, a bounty hunter, Galactic government pays her to wipe out deadly aliens known as Metroids. She fights Space Pirates who are weaponizing them with Ridley as the main antagonist.

I'm just saying we have a Castlevania series. :p

Metroid is simple. Samus she's a girl, a bounty hunter, Galactic government pays her to wipe out deadly aliens known as Metroids. She fights Space Pirates who are weaponizing them with Ridley as the main antagonist.
You can certainly get the plot beats, but I do think that you lose the core appeal of what people like about Metroid by condescending it into a 2hr movie. Cause everything is going to be about the plot, so the puzzles and the intricate world won't feel expansive. Which I don't think play to the strengths of Metroid, IMO. The one very plot based game in that series that was all about the story is the one everyone hated lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"