The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I mean they're Lex's lackeys in comics and other media too. They were introduced in the '78 film but they're literally just part of the lore at this point.

Most importantly, no origin story, and NO. F***ING. ZOD. FINALLY. Something f***ing new.

hallelujah-icegif-7.gif
I just want Brainiac. The fact that he hasn't been in a Superman movie yet is a crime.

I just want Brainiac. The fact that he hasn't been in a Superman movie yet is a crime.
No argument there.

It just boggles my mind to think that there are at least TWO generations of audiences out there who think that Superman's ~main story~ is, "Superman's saved from Krypton as a baby and sent to Earth, and then another Kryptonian who has beef with his dad comes to fight him years later. Superman wins. The end." :fst:

Hell even the most famous Zod stories in the comics aren't that basic!

I've been the primary mod on several different superhero's movies that had rabid fans.....the rudest were the Batfans during the Nolan trilogy. The crazies on the Superman Returns boards come in second.
I wasn't a mod then, but my worst experience on here was on the Fant4stic board. Some fans of that during production would go after anyone who had anything negative to say about how it looked like it was turning out.

I'm eager to see what he does with the character if the Ultraman rumor is true, but I would be a little disappointed that Gunn is going with the evil doppelganger approach that the Superman franchise has been doing with any villain not named Lex for over 40 years. Granted, Ultraman is different Zod and I'd expect the former to basically be Bizarro if the rumor is true. And I suspect that Gunn would play up the tragic angle for that character if that's the case but still...

I also want Braniac so so badly. It's time to bring him in. I'm hoping Gunn is just keeping him a secret until the last minute because i am sick of Luthor based Superman movies.

My gut tells me he's not in it though. I feel like gunn is going to focus on making a more grounded Superman movie. And i dont mean "grounded" in the way Snyder was trying to ground him but grounded in the sense that the story is going to be more lowkey and more focused on Superman/Kal-El as an individual than a grand epic sci-fi story with a big alien baddie. I could be very wrong though.

I also want Braniac so so badly. It's time to bring him in. I'm hoping Gunn is just keeping him a secret until the last minute because i am sick of Luthor based Superman movies.

My gut tells me he's not in it though. I feel like gunn is going to focus on making a more grounded Superman movie. And i dont mean "grounded" in the way Snyder was trying to ground him but grounded in the sense that the story is going to be more lowkey and more focused on Superman/Kal-El as an individual than a grand epic sci-fi story with a big alien baddie. I could be very wrong though.
To be fair, we've also never gotten the "real" (or at least the most well-known version of) Lex Luthor on the big screen at all. With the way Gunn writes villains and having an actor like Hoult in the role, I suspect we're going to actually have a Lex on screen we enjoy watching. And I feel I can confidently say his big evil plot won't be a real-estate scam. :o

There definitely IS another big threat in this movie besides Lex, though. Brainiac? Ultraman/Bizarro? Who knows. But it's there.

To be fair, we've also never gotten the "real" (or at least the most well-known version of) Lex Luthor on the big screen at all. With the way Gunn writes villains and having an actor like Hoult in the role, I suspect we're actually going to actually have a Lex on screen we enjoy watching. And I feel I can confidently say his big evil plot won't be a real-estate scam. :o

There definitely IS another big threat in this movie besides Lex, though. Brainiac? Ultraman/Bizarro? Who knows. But it's there.
Lex challenges Clark to a round of Just Dance at Lex Corp tour and Clark beats him causing him to have a Patrick Bateman inner monologue. :o

I wasn't a mod then, but my worst experience on here was on the Fant4stic board. Some fans of that during production would go after anyone who had anything negative to say about how it looked like it was turning out.
Oh, I'm sure there were terrible things that happened in other forums, but I was referencing a couple that I was the moderator of and as such spent hours everyday in there dealing with many bad people.

True, but that was also a very small group lol

'Twas the BvS board for me. My modhood crucible.
In my experience, the Bat Boards have been the worst place in general. We can argue if the Nolan or Snyder fans were worse historically on here, but let's be real: both periods were bad. It's why I don't regularly post about DC outside of in here. The discourse quality just wasn't worth it to me lol

Not a mod at all, but for me, nothing was as bad as posting through Catwoman, X-Men: The Last Stand, or Snyder's DC tenure.

Speaking of titles, I hope they don't go with The Brave and the Bold, that sounds like a superhero soap opera.
The Brave, the Bold, and the Beautiful:-)

But aren't comic books just like soap operas anyway?

In my experience, the Bat Boards have been the worst place in general. We can argue if the Nolan or Snyder fans were worse historically on here, but let's be real: both periods were bad. It's why I don't regularly post about DC outside of in here. The discourse quality just wasn't worth it to me lol
Not a mod, clearly, and I don't frequent the Bat boards
But I'll say the one area here that I stay farrrr away from is the Star Wars boards

Once told a story about my (normie) mother and gf thinking, after seeing the first ad for Force Awakens, that Rey might be related to Padme because of their clothing styles... innocent enough, they don't follow this s***, and were just making a casual observation... and I was promptly told how stupid my mother and gf were

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"