• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Today marks the ten year anniversary of X-Men Days Of Future Past!

MV5BNjk3MGZhMjEtOTM4NC00NzE2LTk2NzctZDc4YTUwN2E3NDhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.jpg

What’s your thoughts on this movie ten years later?

I need tor revisit DOFP but I remember LOVING this movie and coming out of the theater so elated. Not only was it a good movie but it effectively "fixed" and retconned X3 and XMO: Wolverine. Man, i cant believe its been a whole decade.

I ALSO remember there was a thread here on the Hype called the "Thank you Bryan Singer" thread where we all were bowing down to the man for effectively getting the franchise back on track. I'm sure that thread does not age well for many reasons...

Oh pleeeeeease someone be a mensch and help me find the link to that Thank You Bryan Singer thread.
Is this it?

Is this it?

Oh oh, just saw a post of mine in there, for shame. :dry:

Glad things finally caught up with Singer and a travesty he was able to keep so much of it under wraps for so long.

Update on one of the best comic book shows ever made:

Can't wait for June 6th.
Does Sweet Tooth get a lot better as it goes on? I started it but got busy right at that time. Can’t remember being blown away by it but have heard many say it’s very good.

Does Sweet Tooth get a lot better as it goes on? I started it but got busy right at that time. Can’t remember being blown away by it but have heard many say it’s very good.
Your mileage may vary, but I found it incredibly sweet. Its theme is the power of empathy and working together and it comes together really well.

Just getting caught up on some recent convos (it's tax season and I work in finance)...

I love Days of Future Past. In fact, DOFP, First Class, Logan, The Wolverine, and X2 are my favourite X-Men films (honourable mentions for New Mutants and the OG original).

Also great to see so much advance hype for Wade & Logan, though I'm sure most of the enthusiasm is based on fan love for the two characters rather than any ongoing loyalty to the MCU. Regardless, Marvel can certainly use the win...

In fact, it's interesting to speculate how much the general movie-going public associates the Fox-Men characters with The Avengers-Verse, even post-merger. When I ask friends and co-workers if they're excited about the Fox-Verse characters joining the MCU, the non-geeks (which sadly most of the people I know are) just give me blank stares...

spider-man-confused.gif

DOFP remains up there with my all time favorite marvel movies like X2, Spider-Man 2, etc.

I also think it’s important to be able to separate the man from the art. Singer is a repugnant human being yes, but I’m not gonna let his personal crap get in the way of my appreciation for the films, which are largely a collaborative effort which I’m sure includes a lot of good, honest hardworking people.

DOFP was a decent flick, but it had the faults that consistently plagued the Kinberg era X-Men films. Momentum killing time jumps, awful costumes, wonky continuity, weak team action scenes, and the focus on a few stars with fan favorite characters wasted in silent cameos. Though I might be grading on a curve, the first two Fox Men films remain the best live action X-Men films we've gotten so far.

The opening of BvS taught me that putting the word “the” in front of Superman makes him really cool. And really dangerous.View attachment 91360
The Batman over there with his emo phase. :o
Today marks the ten year anniversary of X-Men Days Of Future Past!

MV5BNjk3MGZhMjEtOTM4NC00NzE2LTk2NzctZDc4YTUwN2E3NDhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.jpg

What’s your thoughts on this movie ten years later?
I hate the bottom of this poster. Charles looks likes the flames are coming from him. 😭

DOFP was a decent flick, but it had the faults that consistently plagued the Kinberg era X-Men films. Momentum killing time jumps, awful costumes, wonky continuity, weak team action scenes, and the focus on a few stars with fan favorite characters wasted in silent cameos. Though I might be grading on a curve, the first two Fox Men films remain the best live action X-Men films we've gotten so far.
Jubilee in the first film. 😭

No doubt the X-Men franchise has struggled with poor character management since it launched. It's a shame that the now superhero rich MCU has picked up this bad habit with some of its recent efforts on the big screen and Disney Plus.

There's two Angels and Psylockes. The First Class cast are supposed to look like Patrick and Ian by 2000 when they look nothing alike in Dark Phoenix.

In my head canon, the actress in The Last Stand was Kwannon and Olivia Munn was Betsy.

No comment on the other inconsistencies you mentioned. :sneeze:

I'm watching Beyond Thunderdome for the first time, and I'm OBSESSED with Tina Turner in this. She looks great, and she's so charismatic. What a command of the screen she has. She could've played one hell of a Storm in the 80s.

There's two Angels and Psylockes. The First Class cast are supposed to look like Patrick and Ian by 2000 when they look nothing alike in Dark Phoenix.
The First Class group should have stayed in the 60s/70s. Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix do absolutely nothing to take advantage of the setting anyways, unlike First Class and DOFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"