• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

The First Class group should have stayed in the 60s/70s. Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix do absolutely nothing to take advantage of the setting anyways, unlike First Class and DOFP.
IIRC I think that was the plan. Vaugh's original pitch had a movie inbetween FC and DoFP and DoFP was supposed to be the grand finale.

Is this it?

Ohhh that thread has aged like the finest of milks. Good thing I didn't post in that one. :o

1716508813126.png

Does this count? :o

There was also this:

I forgot if them seeing Return of the Jedi was in the final movie or not (I think it was? Too lazy to check) but Jean's line "The third one is always the worst" was clearly meant to be a jab at The Last Stand but considering Apocalypse is the third one in the First Class era, all I'll say is....stones and glass houses. :o

But that was Apocalypse. Dark Phoenix? They didn't give a flying **** by that point that you couldn't tell it took place in 1992 at all. I think maybe Quicksilver wore a Nirvana shirt in it but that was it.

There was also this:

I forgot if them seeing Return of the Jedi was in the final movie or not (I think it was? Too lazy to check) but Jean's line "The third one is always the worst" was clearly meant to be a jab at The Last Stand but considering Apocalypse is the third one in the First Class era, all I'll say is....stones and glass houses. :o

But that was Apocalypse. Dark Phoenix? They didn't give a flying **** by that point that you couldn't tell it took place in 1992 at all. I think maybe Quicksilver wore a Nirvana shirt in it but that was it.

Jubilee being a glorified cameo. 😭

Not that it matters anymore, but I still would like to know where Deadpool and the New Mutants take place in the post DOFP timeline.

Then there's the Gifted and Legion, but again who the hell cares.

Not that it matters anymore, but I still would like to know where Deadpool and the New Mutants take place in the post DOFP timeline.

A bit of everything on Youtube tried to make a timeline of it all recently using information in both the movies/shows as well as interviews by the creators. Basically he placed The Gifted on the on the original timeline in between The Wolverine and the future segement of DoFP. As for Deadpool 1-2 and New Mutants , he placed them on the new timeline between Dark Phoenix and the "new future" segments at the end of DoFP.

And Legion is it's own thing for a bunch of reasons but mostly because of the way they depict Charles in that show.

A bit of everything on Youtube tried to make a timeline of it all recently using information in both the movies/shows as well as interviews by the creators. Basically he placed The Gifted on the on the original timeline in between The Wolverine and the future segement of DoFP. As for Deadpool 1-2 and New Mutants , he placed them on the new timeline between Dark Phoenix and the "new future" segments at the end of DoFP.

And Legion is it's own thing for a bunch of reasons but mostly because of the way they depict Charles in that show.
This part was a joke (and a good one at that), but even if this took place in the post-Dark Phoenix timeline given Jean's absence, wouldn't Wade be at the Jean Grey School here?

tumblr_pchta6X3pW1s0y188o1_500.gifv

It really started with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where they didn't make any attempt at all to make it look like it happened in the past. Apart from one of the only good parts of the movie being the war montage opening credits but since those were flashbacks anyway those don't count.

It really started with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where they didn't make any attempt at all to make it look like it happened in the past. Apart from one of the only good parts of the movie being the war montage opening credits but since those were flashbacks anyway those don't count.

Precisely. I'm like, okay we have a teenage Cyclops so clearly it must be in the late 70s or early 80s or something but the mise en scène wasn't helping worth a damn.

Then there was that choice of having young Emma Frost be one of Xavier's first recruits with Cykes and being Silverfox's sister... ugh.

bad-teacher-cameron-diaz.gif

I'm watching Beyond Thunderdome for the first time, and I'm OBSESSED with Tina Turner in this. She looks great, and she's so charismatic. What a command of the screen she has. She could've played one hell of a Storm in the 80s.
I dont hate Thunderdome, but it's the weakest in the series for me. There is a fair amount of stupid in a bad way. But it's watchable. Just pales in comparison to The Road Warrior. So disappointing follow up.

Furiosa on thay topic, I liked a lot. I would rank it 3rd in the series behind The Road Warrior and Fury Road. But it's still great, amazing action sequences, and some entertaining as hell performances. Great watch, and I hope we get 1 more proper Mad Max follow up

Its so cool to know that all 6 core Avengers are such good friends in real life to this day. Often times you hear about people who work on movies together who cant stand each other in real life so its nice to know they formed a bond, and it showed onscreen too.

As excited as I am for Deadpool & Wolverine, I do think my main interest is because of Jackman. I really enjoyed the first 2 Deadpool movies, but part of me feels like Reynolds schtick has gotten a bit old, and while the marketing so far has been fun, I can already kinda feel it.. That being said, I'm just happy to see Jackman back and I think the movie is gonna be a blast overall. I'm here for the ride!

I dont hate Thunderdome, but it's the weakest in the series for me. There is a fair amount of stupid in a bad way. But it's watchable. Just pales in comparison to The Road Warrior. So disappointing follow up.

Furiosa on thay topic, I liked a lot. I would rank it 3rd in the series behind The Road Warrior and Fury Road. But it's still great, amazing action sequences, and some entertaining as hell performances. Great watch, and I hope we get 1 more proper Mad Max follow up
Thunderdome is definitely the weakest of the series (I haven’t seen Furiosa yet.) But I agree that it is still watchable for the Bartertown sequences and for the final chase.
Tina Turner is very good in it. Surprisingly so. But she’s also the least bankrupt Max villain. She comes across more shrewd than ruthless and more ambitious than evil. To that end, Thunderdome is missing one of the key elements of most Max movies: it doesn’t have a terrifying villain. Toe Cutter, Lord Humongous, Immortan Joe; they are all nightmare inducing, scary villains. But Turner’s Auntie doesn’t even compete with their level of evil. She’s just a tough, business-minded, ambitious politician when you get down to it.

I'm a bit of an X-men noob so forgive me but - has Gambit always referred to himself in the third person? I'm a few episodes into '97, enjoying it so far, but every time he does that it takes me out a little bit.

Ohhh that thread has aged like the finest of milks. Good thing I didn't post in that one. :o

View attachment 91392
Lmao I'm gonna be honest here - I have a vague memory of defending Bryan Singer back in 2014. I refuse to open that thread to potentially read the ghost of Flint Marko past.

I'm a bit of an X-men noob so forgive me but - has Gambit always referred to himself in the third person? I'm a few episodes into '97, enjoying it so far, but every time he does that it takes me out a little bit.

Lmao I'm gonna be honest here - I have a vague memory of defending Bryan Singer back in 2014. I refuse to open that thread to potentially read the ghost of Flint Marko past.
The name's Gambit... Remember it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"