The Superior Spider-Man

None of those characters were killed in brutally ****** ways (I dunno aboutthe Sydney Bristow thing, I dont watch that show). It's not like Joe Chill raped Bruce's dad and then killed him. The burglar didn't slowly cut off all of Ben's limbs.

Maybe you're right that it's getting better, I dont really know. In any case, I don't think that one change could have saved Sins Past from being a ****** story.

I can only speak for myself... and gwen getting drugged and raped would have made the story make far more sense than having her "willingly" have sex with norman... Her making that choice imo, hiding it from peter, confiding in MJ to keep it a secret from peter, and having slept with norman because she was essentially "a weak woman attracted to a man with power" makes Gwen look a hell of alot more like a sexist male writers concoction than anything else imo...

Superior comes out this week. Should this one just be re-named instead of a new one? You know that Superior is going to revert into ASM again anyway......

Let's call it The Amazing Superior Spider-Man thread. Then we can change it back to The Amazing Superior Amazing Spider-Man thread. :whatever:

Superior comes out this week. Should this one just be re-named instead of a new one? You know that Superior is going to revert into ASM again anyway......

Let's call it The Amazing Superior Spider-Man thread. Then we can change it back to The Amazing Superior Amazing Spider-Man thread. :whatever:
:up:

They should bring back Spectacular with the adventures of Peter in a Dante-style hell gauntlet set up by Mephisto.

As long as they don`t call it Ultimate... :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

:dry:

I get the opinion that Marvel just seem not to know what way to handle Spider-Man/Peter Parker. The last few years all seem a bit slap dash and untidy.

The Brand New Day reset, really sealed it for me. Angry and annoyed just says cover it when I read about that one (almost spilt my afternoon cup of Earl Grey), but this Dr Ock scam has me crushing my digestive biscuit in anger.

I'd like to see a Deadpool/Spidey-Ock crossover. He'd know that it's not Peter, just like he knew about the Mephisto deal.

Yeah, let's do that! That's :awesome:!

Edit. I'm so torn on this. One the one side, Dan Slott is a great writer. I've really been enjoying his Spider-Man stories. Honestly, I haven't been enjoying Spidey, and actually eagerly anticipating the next issue since,...jeezus...a long frickin time. And of course, these Superior issues will probably be just as good, but,....Doc Ock as Spider-Man? Masquerading as Peter Parker?! No way, man! That's so wrong! I can't support that!

Last edited:
The Superior Amazing Spider-man Volume #1: The Spectacular Ultimate Spider-man and his Sensational Friends

Yeah, let's do that! That's :awesome:!

Edit. I'm so torn on this. One the one side, Dan Slott is a great writer. I've really been enjoying his Spider-Man stories. Honestly, I haven't been enjoying Spidey, and actually eagerly anticipating the next issue since,...jeezus...a long frickin time. And of course, these Superior issues will probably be just as good, but,....Doc Ock as Spider-Man? Masquerading as Peter Parker?! No way, man! That's so wrong! I can't support that!

I read Superior #1. I won't spoil it but I will say that it was pretty awesome. It had a GREAT ending. Read that first then decide.

Runawayboulder, can you say if there are any more changes to the status quo, or is it pretty much still set and what it was at the end of Avenging 15.1?

Of course I will. Ill be one of the first at the door when my shop opens. I didn't read any spoilers but I know something happens. It sounds like something that will make Peter fans happy. Ill find out tomorrow, I guess. Listen, Slotts the man and I love his stuff. I just can't stomach Doc Ock living peter''s life and living it better than Peter.

But yeah, I'm hoping this SpOck stuff only lasts a few arcs or a few months and Peter Parker returns, proper.

Runawayboulder, can you say if there are any more changes to the status quo, or is it pretty much still set and what it was at the end of Avenging 15.1?

Nothing much, *life* (for lack of a better word) goes on for "Peter Parker", same job, same girl, ect.

The main thing is that the very last page has a major development in regards to how things are going to be going forward.

My guess... Peter's voice talks to Ock in his thoughts. It's the only thing that I can think of regarding Slott's going into hiding until after Superior #1 comes out. He's hiding from angry fans regarding Peter's death. He comes back out when we see that Peter's still somehow active. I'm guessing Peter's mind shares with Ock.

I think they'll slowly show Ock deferring to Peter's memories for guidance, probably the memory of Uncle Ben, but really, this will turn into Peter slowly regaining control of his mind and body.

So, in agreement with a previous poster, this thread should probably die. Right? There is no Amazing Spider-Man... but there is a Superior Spider-Man. And when that's done and ASM comes back, it'll be v.3, not v.2.

does the thread really need to die or be closed? There's always convos about future speculation.. and of course past story discussions... this is the spider-man comic thread for the most part isnt it?

we've always discussed the past/present/future. why should that change?

re-naming would be more appropriate imo than creating a new thread

My guess... Peter's voice talks to Ock in his thoughts. It's the only thing that I can think of regarding Slott's going into hiding until after Superior #1 comes out. He's hiding from angry fans regarding Peter's death. He comes back out when we see that Peter's still somehow active. I'm guessing Peter's mind shares with Ock.

Yup. Peter's not really dead. His mind/soul somehow got back into his body, but he is suppressed with Ock's mind being unaware that Peter is in there with him at all atm.

However Peter can influence Ock's actions against his will, leaving Ock questioning why he didn't do what he really wanted to (like running away from a fight and not killing Boomerang). A little surprised they didn't keep up the 'Peter's dead!' pretence for long (one issue!) and waste any time setting up his inevitable return, but I figure Marvel knows most fans never bought the notion this would last in the first place.

So, in agreement with a previous poster, this thread should probably die. Right? There is no Amazing Spider-Man... but there is a Superior Spider-Man. And when that's done and ASM comes back, it'll be v.3, not v.2.

this thread should die but only because it traded posts with the Doc Ock thread and the Doc Ock thread it could be a better Amazing Spider-man thread than this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"