Official Iron Man thread - Part 1

I've been reading the series since issue #1 came out and read the entire arc of Extremis, issue #7 of the new arc Executive Program is off to a good start so far. I'm really enjoying his portrayal after injecting himself with the Extremis, he shows off his skill of multi tasking along with being a bit careful of the people surrounding him and I'm loving it. Although, there's someone in London who appears to be using one of his Iron Man armored suits and is going on a killing spree targeting people. It shows him operating the suit from a computer program to make the hits. I'm hoping the series picks up during the Civil War storyline, and the issues maintain their course.

Issue #10 has a really great cover of Iron Man fighting The Sentry.

IM010cover.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm done with this book as of issue 500. Thor might be next. What happened to you, Fraction?

Still all talk, then?

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm done with this book as of issue 500. Thor might be next. What happened to you, Fraction?
He got famous and started phoning it in, I guess. The alternative--that he actually thinks the crap he's putting into IIM and Thor is actually good--is too horrible to contemplate.

Well there's that other Thor book coming out I can abandon the old one for. But Avengers will be my only exposure to IM now, I guess.

Journey into Mystery? I think that's gonna be about the other Asgardians.

If you're really jonesing, drop Fraction's Thor and use the money you save to buy Thor: For Asgard, if you haven't already. Awesome mini.

Checking that out ASAP. I'll give JiM a try too b/c Fraction's writing the Asgardians to be very unlikable this week. Pretty sure Tyr and Balder committed suicide-by-red-thing in the last issue :dry:

Gillen and Braithwaite (from Secret Invasion: Thor) are on JiM, so it'll probably be pretty good.

Feel free to ask if you want more Thor recommendations, too. I got a million of 'em. :awesome:

It's not that bad, you guys. :csad:

It's a little wordy, yes, but Fraction's done great things for Stark, in regards to development and conflict. I'm not going to put down any other creators working as of right now (I personally prefer Brubaker's take on Cap), but he's taking real risks with Tony and his universe. Plus, we'd just be seeing drawings of the "action" that takes place. Would it really hurt anyone to read a little every once in a while? :huh:

Invincible Iron Man #502

15g7asn.jpg

FIX ME Part Two!
Doctor Otto Octavius is dying, and the only man that can help him is Tony Stark. Will Stark save the life of a madman, if it means sparing the lives of everyone in Broxton that Doc Ock will kill if he refuses? By Matt & Salva & Frankie & Joe.

Iron Man 2.0 #2 Preview

sy6ma1.jpg

Spinning directly out of INVINCIBLE IRON MAN! New mission! New armor! New Iron Man! Lt. Col. James Rhodes is War Machine... the single most advanced one-man weapon of conventional combat. But wars aren't fought?the way they used to be - and when Rhodey has to face a?mysterious enemy he can't shoot, can't bomb, can't even see, he's going to be forced to evolve... or die. Find out why War Machine becomes Iron Man 2.0 in the 3-part launch arc?of this all-new ongoing series! By breakout sensation Nick Spencer (Morning Glories, Action Comics) and the legendary Barry Kitson (INCREDIBLE HULKS, THE ORDER)!

Just picked up issue 520, and 521. Not too bad. A little confusing because i dont know how the current story started, but its enjoyable

Really diggin Gillen's work on this book. Much more than his run on UXM.

So this week we learn that alien women find human facial hair repulsive :funny:

I love this book too. Still not a fan of Land's artwork. But he's passable i guess lol

His tracing hasn't detracted from my enjoyment of this title in the slightest :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"