By the Bristling Beard of Odin! The Thor Thread - Part 2

Pencils from Nic Klein, new artist on Thor

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjYvMDkxL29yaWdpbmFsL1Rob3IxLmpwZWc=

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjYvMDkyL29yaWdpbmFsL1Rob3IyLmpwZWc=

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjYvMDkzL29yaWdpbmFsL1Rob3IzLmpwZWc=

Last edited:
Cover art and sketch work from Olivier Copiel

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjYvMDYzL29yaWdpbmFsL1RIT1IyMDIwMDAxX2NvdmVyLmpwZw==

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjYvMDYyL29yaWdpbmFsL1Rob3JfZGVzaWduc2hlZXQuanBn

I hope this means Thor gets his eye and arm back. Jason Aaron run was incredible but the new team shouldn't be bogged down with limitations placed on the character. Imagine if Walt Simonson left the run with Thor with brittle bones. Wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

I hope this means Thor gets his eye and arm back. Jason Aaron run was incredible but the new team shouldn't be bogged down with limitations placed on the character. Imagine if Walt Simonson left the run with Thor with brittle bones. Wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

If the interior artwork is indicative of anything, it looks like he's still missing the eye and the arm. Oddly enough, though, the cover art is notably different. Time will tell I suppose.

If the interior artwork is indicative of anything, it looks like he's still missing the eye and the arm. Oddly enough, though, the cover art is notably different. Time will tell I suppose.
I definitely prefer the Thor on the cover to the Thor in interior. The Thor on the cover looks cosmic the Thor on the interiors looks like a hobo.

I definitely prefer the Thor on the cover to the Thor in interior. The Thor on the cover looks cosmic the Thor on the interiors looks like a hobo.

Both styles appeal to me, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the cover art as well.

Both styles appeal to me, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the cover art as well.

I suspect the Jason Aaron armless Thor starts the issue and the undergoes a change to turn him into 'Cosmic Thor'.
I'll be sad to see Aaron go but he definitely peaked with God Butcher/God Bomb.

I suspect the Jason Aaron armless Thor starts the issue and the undergoes a change to turn him into 'Cosmic Thor'.
I'll be sad to see Aaron go but he definitely peaked with God Butcher/God Bomb.

That's a definite possibility. I also wonder if Cosmic Thor is just an updated version of Rune King Thor; there's something vaguely similar between the two incarnations.

Yeah, those are my favorite story arcs from him. I tried getting into Goddess of Thunder, but it wasn't for me, so I ultimately dropped the title from my pull list. It's good to see Thor (the real Thor) hefting Mjolnir again, though. I'm guessing he got it back during The War of the Realms.

That's a definite possibility. I also wonder if Cosmic Thor is just an updated version of Rune King Thor; there's something vaguely similar between the two incarnations.

Yeah, those are my favorite story arcs from him. I tried getting into Goddess of Thunder, but it wasn't for me, so I ultimately dropped
R the title from my pull list. It's good to see Thor (the real Thor) hefting Mjolnir again, though. I'm guessing he got it back during The War of the Realms.
Aaron's female Thor run is good but he falls into the trap that many writers do when writing 'strong females', they weaken the men to make the woman stand out.

I'm not huge on either look

The Interiors, yeah, he's like a hobo cosplaying as Thor when he finds a horned helmet in a dumpster

And the cover? The hair is way too long and there's something kinda anime-ish about it. The cosmic look on the tunic is cool, but I also don't like the off-set discs connecting to create the rune, and the little headband thing is too small.

In other news, it seems like we'll be seeing more of King Thor in the next major crossover event from Marvel.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjUvMDA2L29yaWdpbmFsL0lOQ09NSU5HMjAxOTAwMV9jb3YuanBnPzE1Njg5MDIwMDA=

Good, the more the better!

Gotta say, this upcoming run looks promising as hell!

Love this. The fact that it’s delving deeper into the mythology of the character and exploring some more obscure elements of the real world mythology as well. Also it seems like it’s broadening the view on that unique Rune King Thor/Those Who Sit Above In The Shadow story and likely giving us more of the absolute ultimate version of Thor aka RKT and more of the gods of the gods/TWSAITS background. Very exciting stuff to look forward too and that first issue definitely delivered. Epic art btw.

immortalthor2023001_cov.jpg

large-4109026.jpg

Love this. The fact that it’s delving deeper into the mythology of the character and exploring some more obscure elements of the real world mythology as well. Also it seems like it’s broadening the view on that unique Rune King Thor/Those Who Sit Above In The Shadow story and likely giving us more of the absolute ultimate version of Thor aka RKT and more of the gods of the gods/TWSAITS background. Very exciting stuff to look forward too and that first issue definitely delivered. Epic art btw.

immortalthor2023001_cov.jpg

large-4109026.jpg
Bought the first issue but haven’t read it yet. Glad you liked it and your review has me hyped to sit down and read it.

Here's hoping the artist doesn't turn out to be an authoritarian racist when the run is almost over.

Ok imma need more explanation on that one

Turns out the artist on Immortal Hulk was a big antisemite supporter of Bolsonaro. Which we didn't find out till his work on the run was complete.

Turns out the artist on Immortal Hulk was a big antisemite supporter of Bolsonaro. Which we didn't find out till his work on the run was complete.

ohhhh that's a bummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"