The Superman: TAS discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Super-World' started by Noir, Mar 23, 2008.

1. CLARKY Registered

I love the JLords. I think they are amazing, and the fact that they areactually acting for good is what makes them great, for me. I consider them as a kind of ultimate anti-JL. They are so great ; I was all excited when they reappeard at the end of the season 2 of JLU, created by Luthor. I was almost crying. I wasn't a big fan of the all suit nevertheless.
    Oddly enough I think the episode is sometimes boring. I like the episode, I think it's excellent but I wasn't a big fan of the ExoSkell-5000. Nor the idea, nor the fight.

2. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I watched two episodes today, "Father's Day" and "Speed Demons." Watching the former, I finally understood why people consider Superman to be boring in the show. Superman's fight with Kalibak and Desaad's machine were pretty bland, considering the powers Superman has been tied with for decades; no super speed, no heat vision, no ice breath, nothing. It was pretty much "punch, get punched, repeat."

That being said, I still enjoy the show, at least for now, but I do wish they had lightened up about his powers. There is a way to give him all those cool powers without turning him into SuperGod.

3. Hordakfan Registered

Awesome animated show and as good as Ruby Spear's version and Lois and Clark at the time and i was 15 when this first aired as i knew they should do a Superman toon from the same makers.

Tim Daley and Clancy Brown were both perfection and who knew Timm made Lois hot? lol.

4. BH/HHH You Are My World

One of the greatest animated shows of all-time, very underrated it was more consistent than Batman TAS and the two parter episode Legacy is in the top 2 or 3 DCAU episodes ever made.

5. Gabe99 Registered

6. BH/HHH You Are My World

Such an awesome show, the way they reinvented and even create villains really helped Superman's rogue gallery.

7. GremlinZilla89 Registered

A great show imo. Just about as good as Batman. The de-powered Supes is overblown and exaggerated by people. At times a bit irksome, but it was a way the maintain a level of suspense within each episode. If Supes showed up and kicked ass right from the get go each ep. would be over in 5 minutes. He's still Superman in the show, just not the Superman that can do everything ever without breaking a sweat.

#57 GremlinZilla89, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  8. bullets bang bang

I just picked up season one from Walmart. I never caught the series during it's run. I felt I had outgrown cartoons at the time , now here I am years later about to jump into it.

9. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I don't feel this show was anywhere near as good as BTAS. That said, it was still really good and I enjoy watching it.

10. Drakepool Registered

I actually enjoyed it more than BTAS, even though I'm a bigger fan of Bats than Superman.

11. BH/HHH You Are My World

More consistent than BTAS for sure and been a Superman fan I'd even say better.

12. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Agreed. It was different but still enjoyable. I look forward to seeing a new Superman series that push the boundaries even further.

13. Drakepool Registered

I'm surprised they haven't pushed one out to cash in on Man of Steel.

14. Lex Luthor Evildoer

Such a classic show, and one that as a kid in the '90's, was a definitive take on the Superman mythos. Much like Batman TAS.

15. AndrewGilkison Registered

The Darkseid episodes were the best. Just masterful storytelling.

16. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yes especially Apokolips Now! and Legacy (which I think is quite possibly the greatest episode(s) of the entire DCAU).

17. Drakepool Registered

For me, the Brainiac episodes were pretty solid as well, especially "Stolen Memories" and "Ghost in the Machine".

18. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah those two were awesome, infact watching Stolen Memories straight after the Last Son of Krypton 3 parter makes it even better.

19. Dave McFly Space Pikachu

the one I loved was I think Knighttime where Superman posed as Batman and had a fight vs Bane that was classic :hehe:.

20. Drakepool Registered

Ah yes, another Brainiac episode, and a nice follow up to "World's Finest" and the previous two Brainiac eps. He also has a great line to Superman-as-Batman:

"You're every bit the detective you're followers on the Internet believe."

21. Bruce Malone Registered

I sort of missed out on watching STAS when it was out for some reason unlike BTAS (wasn't a big superman fan as a kid). Is the show still enjoyable to check out as an adult without having any of the attached nostalgia to it?

BTAS is still pretty enjoyable.

22. bullets bang bang

I'm in the middle of the series. It's really fun , but doesn't reach the depth of BTAS. I would still recommend this to fans of BTAS because it's still good quality and takes place in the same universe. I'm excited to move onto Justice League.

The last episode I watched was "Monkey Fun" . It's basically Superman vs King Kong , which is awesome.

23. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah great episode, I only wish Dalyhad attempted a Batman voice instead if them using Conroy's

24. BH/HHH You Are My World

Wait til you watch Apokolips Now! and Legacy, in my opinion no episode of Batman the Animated Series reached the level of those.

25. Bruce Malone Registered

I'm actually surprised at some of the "adult themes" that were slipped in there.

[YT]?v=eYtdl9BrKUc[/YT]

I wonder if kids cartoons today even bother?