The Superman: TAS discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Super-World' started by Noir, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Drakepool Registered

LOL, that scene was hilarious, and establishes the relationship between Superman and Lois perfectly. :p

2. Dave McFly Space Pikachu

FYI they have all superman and JL related DVD sets on sale at walmart for 10 bucks I grabbed volume 2 and 3 of STAS (already had volume one) for 20 bucks for both.

and Dana Delany is my fave voice for Lois in animated form ;).

3. bullets bang bang

$10? I thought the JL sets were $15. Damn , I need to pick those up sooner. I'm still watching STAS season 2. The World's Finest episodes were fantastic. I was also impressed with "The Late Mr. Kent". It was a bit of a shock to see the villain ( Bowman) be put to death in the gas chamber. It cuts off right as the level is being pulled. I didn't know this series pushed the envelope like that. I was almost certain it would be about the death of Pa Kent.

4. Dave McFly Space Pikachu

yeah for some reason the JL sets, Smallville and Lois and Clark ones are more but S TAS volumes are 10 bucks each, they aslo had the DTV movies like Brainiac Attacks, public enemies, all star superman, etc.

5. Steamteck Registered

I loved it and the power level was fine . He was a powerhouse but still challenged a lot.

The villains were wonderful

I loved the whole take of Brainiac as the former Kryton world computer who undermined Jor-El to save itself

TAS Darkseid was Crazy powerful threatening and a master manipulator. I loved Micheal Ironside's voice for him.

TAS Lex Luthor is the definitive one of me.

In fact the TAS universe is the definitive one for me.

6. Dave McFly Space Pikachu

I also think it has one of the best 'theme music' for a Superman series

[YT]8S-GbD6K67M[/YT]

FYI this long version was only on the Last Son Of Krypton movie (first 3 episodes made into one long episode). even though I have all 3 volumes, I bought Last Son by itself as I liked it as a one long episode instead of broken up into 3 parts.

7. Steamteck Registered

I loved the show and all the DCAU. I especially love how they fine tuned and improved the villains origins but kept true to their spirit. Making Brainiac the Krypton world computer was pure genius. TAS Luthor is my definitive Luthor.

8. Comics N' Toons Viva La Revolucion!

I really like this series but I feel like Timm didn't give it his all. Either that or he doesn't understand the character. We can't really blame the writing because THEY HAD DINI!

9. ganon51 Stay Awesome my friends

This.

10. Lord All Mighty

So does Ultimate Spider-Man, and that one is terrible in the writting department.

From the vídeos where the team talk about the villains, they say that the major Superman oponentes are Lex Luthor and Brainiac, and that after that they had to make a bigger research for other villains, but i don't really get this, how did they Forget about General Zod? Yes they put aspects of him in Jax-Ur, who only appeared in 2 episodes, with the talk of Brainiac being an enemy Kal-El inherited from Jor-El i wonder how he forgot about the one villain in the comics that was originally and is still looked at this way.

Was there any problem with the Zod rights or anything like that? DC limiting Timm's team again due to the thought that there couldn't be any more kryptonians alive? Not sure Zod would be any different than Jax-Ur in that.

11. the5timechamp Registered

Did the underpowered Superman have anything to do with the fact that to create credible threats would require MOS levels of destruction on a kids show on an episode by episode basis?

12. Lord All Mighty

Probably because a too powerful Superman limits story potential

13. GremlinZilla89 Registered

I just started watching this again and it's really hitting the spot.

Is by far the best on-screen version of the character yet.

I even think it has a few things on BTAS.

My main and only real gripe with BTAS is that it is too serialized, too compartmentalized. No reals arcs aside from the odd two-parter here and there. There is no real sense of a timeline. I think a small narrative flow would have made it even better. But like I said, it's my only real issue with the show and it's still brilliant.

STAS starts off as a origin story and continues to feel more like an ongoing saga, a continuing story with more arcs.

The action is also better than BTAS.

I shocked at how fluid the motion and animation is. While it doesn't have the atmosphere of BTAS, it has it's own unique style. Kinda like a semi art-deco/futuristic vibe. It's a perfectly realized world for Supes.

Also, it has my favorite Clark of any on screen version yet. He's still white bread, still a boy-scout, but not as bumbling or "gee-golly, ma'am!" He's a great balance of good ol' boy, smart and decent.

The more realistic powers don't bother me at all. There are a few times when it's just a little annoying, but nothing consistent enough to genuinely hinder the show.

14. Elevator Man Registered

Super news! For fans of the S:TAS scores. This was posted on the World's Finest site this morning. I only quoted what relates to S:TAS.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...es-batman-the-brave-and-the-bold-soundtracks/

:hubba
    Glad LLLR is finally releasing this It's got some goodies on there.

15. Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

Agreed, I also like Superman: TAS Kyle Rayner, part of me wishes he would have been the main GL in JL/JLU. Even though I liked John.

16. Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

One of my favorite Superman moments comes from this show. During the final fight with Darkseid:

*BAM*
    "That's for Dan Turpin."

"Who?"

"The good man you murdered!"

That is Superman.

17. Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

Agreed

18. LordMortis315 Registered

19. Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

20. Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

MOS Superman in Superman TAS style.
    [​IMG]

Made by Boygos (Sean Linnihan) on deviantART.

21. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

One of my favorite comic book animated shows, and that is an achievement, cause I love comic book shows a lot more than non-comic related ones

One of the funniest moments is when the Warrior Queen says "I'm waiting" exactly like Sonic in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog show

22. Kane52630 SILVER SHAMROCK USER

:up: