The Tennis Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A SET A PIECE as Novak rockets a backhand down the line.

Hello new thread. :awesome:

Screw this, i'm stealing 6 minutes from work and going home to watch this baby :woot:

Oh great. Some American geo-political crap has taken over the CBS airwaves for the moment.

Yeah no way was this going to be a straight set win for either guy.

Oh great. Some American geo-political crap has taken over the CBS airwaves for the moment.
Another reason I'm glad ESPN is taking the Open in 2015. Also no Carillo. :woot:

Nadal misses another forehand down the line. Starting to become a trend. 0-15

The difference for me in the second set was Djokovic finding Nadal's backhand a bit more, Nadal missing his forehand DTL, and floating too many slices

Djokovic hits the best return you'll ever see. 0-30

Nadal approaches and over hits. Trips Break

Deep return to Nadal's forehand and Djokovic rips a forehand for the break at love

Novak now on the attack as he breaks at love and does it after a huge forehand crosscourt. 1-0 Nole.

Another reason I'm glad ESPN is taking the Open in 2015. Also no Carillo. :woot:

Her voice is to my ears as orange juice is to my tongue after I've brushed my teeth

Her voice is to my ears as orange juice is to my tongue after I've brushed my teeth
:lmao:

Her commentary also drove me nuts. I was glad when she left ESPN only to find that she had migrated to Tennis Channel. But come 2015 I won't have to watch TC as ESPN is going to have more coverage of all courts. So long Mary!

Nadal misses another forehand down the line. It's taken on a desperate feel, much like Gasquet's backhand DTL the other day. The shot must be set up properly.

40-15 after a kick ace. 40-30 Djokovic dumps a backhand into the net. Bad error.

Djokovic fumbles around at net after Nadal guesses right and stayed home on a short ball. Deuce. Bad two points from Djokovic

Djokovic wins the point, but Nadal left a lot of balls short and Djokovic should have taken one slice in the air. But Djokovic is winning the grinding battle at the moment.

Ace for the 2-0 consolidation.

Nadal rolls a serve and Djokovic kills a return. 15-15

Nadal find the T, perfectly painted, but Djokovic returns it back into Nadal's baseline. And Nadal losses the point. 15-30

Lovely point from Nadal. Wide serve. Crosscourt. Sneaks to net for the winner. Beautiful. And he pumps his fist! Djokovic with a long backhand. 40-30

Nadal tracks down a huge Djokovic return, but several shots later Djokovic paints the line with his forehand. Deuce

Djokovic plops another return winner down the line. He's making Nadal pay for some soft serving. Djokovic sends a backhand long for deuce

Nadal is fighting for his life here. Gutsy stuff

Amazing drop shot from Nadal! He has lost some steam on his shots but his craftiness is coming out!

As the clock passes two hours of play Djokovic sends another backhand long. Big time hold from Nadal. Old man skillz

2-6, 6-3, 2-1

Djokovic playing really loose. Sometimes you get breaks, sometimes you get a lot of unforced errors. He appears the fresher man at the moment.

0-15 as Djokovic feathers a half volley into the net. Really well carved drop shot from Djokovic. Maybe a good move to do that more with Nadal's deep court positioning.

30-15. Big serve and forehand combo

Nadal runs around to hit his forehand, but it's loopy now. He's not driving it through the court like before, he sends another one long for 40-15. Service winner for the hold

3-1

I need some people commenting with me! Frico has abandoned us

Sorry amigo, guys gotta eat. :o LOL

Nadal keeping close with Nole and holds - still down a break.

Djokovic's return game has just gone to another level as Rafa's serve continues to suffer. 0-15

Big spinnjng serve up the T for the ace! Great serve. 15-15

Nadal jams the Djokovic backhand for another service winner. 15-30 he must have heard taking about his serve because he hits another service winner for 40-15

Djokovic hits an approach too long. Still returning deep to Nadal's forehand

Man the celebs have come to play tonight lol.

Novak with a MISSLE of a forehand to the open court for 30-30. Love that shot,

Rafa shanks the backhand for game point Djoker but Rafa whips a high forehand crosscourt and Novak misfires his backhand wing for deuce.

Edit: Oh boy. Break point Rafa after Novak blasts the forehand wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"