The Tennis Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tremendous lob from Nole for 15-30 and the crowd chants for him!

Djokovic aims for the lines and misses by an inch. 15-0

Djokovic has found some success serving deep to Nadal's forehand. 15-15

Nadal is all over a short ball but Djokovic hits a sublime lob from 15 behind the baseline. Djokovic is finally a crowd favorite as the fans roar

Body serves jams Djokovic's forehand 30-30

AMAZING POINT FROM DJOKOVIC who finally moves forward confidently.

Nadal starting to float his slice. It's not well struck, not staying low. Break point

Titantic point JESUS CHRIST

JESUS H CHRIST

DJOKOVIC BREAKS OFF A 54 STROKE RALLY

A 54 SHOT RALLY AND IT'S RAFA WHO CRACKS. These two. Seriously. I'm gonna watch that over and over. AMAZING. Djoker with the break!

Nadal did everything so well. Started with the slice. Went back to it to see if a tired Djokokc would force an error. No sir, Djokovic stays strong.

Amazing point

Novak doubles for 0-30 after that exhausting rally.

What, what!? dont do that without an explanation! :cmad:lol

Edit: 54 shots!? dear lord. 28 minutes and i go home to watch this.
Hope you catch the highlights for that point. :D

Double fault makes it 0-30

Nadal is all over Djokovic's slice out wide, and eventually wins the point 0-40

Man, Djokovic.

Tremendous stabbing volley from Djokovic. Dude, Nadal has just gone back to work grinding away. 15-40. Nadal nets his unmissable down the line forehand. 30-40...

The crowd is really supporting Nole but Rafa breaks back to get us on serve again. I wanna see that 54 shot rally again, lol.

Terrible footwork from Djokovic has him snatching at a backhand, it falls short, Nadal hammers away with his forehand.

Baby steps, Djokovic, baby steps.

4-3 back on serve

Terrible footwork from Djokovic has him snatching at a backhand, it falls short, Nadal hammers away with his forehand.

Baby steps, Djokovic, baby steps.

4-3 back on serve
Easier said than done though, especially after that long point. These guys are in great shape but come on, that's insane! I'd want to go home after a long point like that lol

Another snatchhand from Djokovic. 15-0

Nadal misses a hard volley, off a good first serve 15 up

Nadal smacks a forehand inside out and wastes no time moving forward for the easy pickings. 30-15

Djokovic sends a forehand long. The errors are piling up now, 23 CBS informs us.

Djokovic with a flat deep forehand that Nadal yanks up at and sends long. 40-30

Nadal just misses a wide wide serve. Djokovic with a powerful forehand crosscourt, again for a winner. Deuce

"Vamos Rafa" is the number two highest trend on twitter right now Worldwide. Awesome. :awesome:

Nadal has him on the run and Djokovic sends a ball wide.

Nadal hits a slice that sits up and Djokovic sends a forehand winner to the backstop. Deuce 2

Good serve up the T from Nadal. Ad Nadal, Nadal defends brilliantly as they engage in a big forehand to forehand rally until Djokovic finds Nadal's backhand . Deuce 3

"Vamos Rafa" is the number two highest trend on twitter right now Worldwide. Awesome. :awesome:
I'm chanting that alone in my office also, but in my case is more like "VAMOOOSS RAFAAA" in a whisper LOL :woot:

Djokovic nets his return. Ad Nadal

Deep return from Djokovic spills trouble for Nadal. Six shots later and it's a winner. Deuce 4

Djokovic has a look at a forehand return and sails it again! Ad Nadal

Nadal jams Djokovic but the return finds the line at angle. Deuce 5

Backhand down the line and Nadal hacks a slice into the net. Hey, that looked like my slice! Ad Djokovic

Djokovic does an AMAZING job of pinning Nadal down to his backhand side, and finishes at net.

Djokovic serves to level this match

Some pretty awesome games here in this set

Not the best dropshot from Rafa as Nole gets up to it with a backhand pass and breaks for 5-3. Serving for the set with most of the crowd firmly behind him. A lot of "Nole" chants.

0-15 Djokovic finds net

Service winner up the T. 15-15

Djokovic with an awful forehand miss wide. 15-30

30-30.

Nadal is retreating further behind the baseline as Djokovic has cleaned up his game a bit

Djokovic hammering away now. Overhead and Nadal just misses a super hard lob

Set point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"