The Tennis Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seriously pisses me off because it's equality at the expense of all rationality. Why don't we give equal prize money to the doubles and mixed doubles? How about the wheelchair players? Why don't we just give every player the same money no matter where they finish? That way everyone can feel good about themselves and have no reason to improve or even play hard.

Pointing to one of the two most well known WTA players, one that has supermodel good looks to boot and is multilingual, and comparing her to a borderline top ten ATP player that has zero personality and looks, yeah, okay. But it misses the whole point about Simon as a role player to the real star attractions. He won't feature in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition but he can have the world watching his match.

I'm glad ESPN sent Nadal's match to Internet coverage so Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless could talk about Miami/Indiana for 45 straight minutes and counting. But I understand that decision since First Take is a highly rated show during the NFL season and NBA playoffs. Mary Carillo wouldn't allow herself to understand.

Allez GASQUET! Two sets up against Wawrinka. Even if he'll most likely play Nadal who he's never beaten, a Quarterfinal birth for the first time at the French would be great for him. Hopefully he gets the win against Stan.

Nishikori had chances early on and was taking a page from the Novak/Gulbis playbook in using his backhand to great use against Rafa. But Rafa's stepped on the gas and hasn't looked back. Getting closer to Djokovic/Nadal semi.

Oh you know Wawrinka is taking this five sets

I want a clash between Rafa and Novak. Shame it cant be a final but hey, should be the match of the tournament imo.

Tsonga played solid tennis, and Roger just didnt have a response. With Roger out, it's guaranteed we'll see someone new in the final, other than the usual 4 suspects. Ferrer vs Tsonga should be a great match.

That was one of the worst matches I've seen out of Federer. Tsonga did well but Federer managed nothing. For an attacking player he didn't do anything that he has to do.

You wonder how many more rebirths this guy can have. He was dead in 2008. He was dead in the spring of '09. He was dead for the middle part of 2010, he had some big match wins in 2011 until he ran the indoor season again, he had a fantastic 2012, and for 2013 he's playing a reduced schedule and he's looking shaky again.

The good news for him is that his chances of winning the French were 0% if Nadal beats Djokovic, and maybe 25% if Djokovic won. So he probably wasnt going to win this anyway, and he can be rested and play the Gerry Weber Open. He needs a tournament win and to get his feet on grass. Unfortunately for him Nadal is scheduled there this year but maybe he'll withdraw.

Man I'm praying for Tsonga to knock off Ferrer. Ferrer's game just doesn't cut it. Tsonga on championship Sunday in front of the Parisians could be very entertaining and threatening to Nadal or Djokovic.

In a new tournament Jockovic, Nadal, Faderer, maria sharapova enter into quater final damn good....

The clash is now official: Novak Djokovic defeats Tommy Haas 6-3 7-6 (5) 7-5 and Rafa Nadal takes care of Stanislas Wawrinka 6-2 6-3 6-1. Epic semifinal for sure, i expect both men to come ready to give us a hell of a match. I'd be surprised if the winner of this match doesnt take the tournament, no offense to Ferrer and Tsonga.

Watch Now You See Me Online

A team of proficient illusionists known as "The Four Horsemen" (played by Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, and Dave Franco) square measure investigated by a resolute G-man (Mark Ruffalo) following a series of brazen heists that leave their audiences swimming in money whereas debilitating the bulging bank accounts of unscrupulous business leaders.

Please let this go five. All Rafa so far but Novak breaks back in the second and holds.

Djokovic demolishing forehands and really stepping up. We're even at two sets a piece!

After that call Hawkeye should be introduced at RG.

This third set is a "blink and you'll miss it" type set. Just flew by. Novak with some poor choices along with errors/looking deflated. Nadal seizing the day and looking way better physically. 4th set will be crucial, hope Novak comes back from the twilight zone.

Sadly i'm at work and missing this match :csad:

Turning out to be what a lot of people had hoped, especially in the fourth. Nadal serving for the match, Djoker breaks again to force the tiebreak! Please give us a fifth!

I cant take long matches between these two, even if that's great for tennis lol. I like both players, even if my favorite atm is Rafa, so i tend to be torn no matter who wins.

HERE WE GO!!! :D

McEnroe said it best in regards to these two and this match: "Making our sport proud." Indeed. Here's hoping neither have a dip in play and the quality sustains. Loving this match.

Another 5 set match from these two. They will spoil us lol. Yeah, i hope the level of play is high on both men. A close closing set should make things exciting.

Novak up 4-2, two games from the final.

4-3, he's up a break and serving next. (Thank u internet for the live score update lol)

Man this is torture. 4 all now.

5-5 lol. You wanted a close one, there you go! Be careful what you wish for :oldrazz:

Yeah my heart's racing. -_- lol

Love Rafa but I want to see Novak pull this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"