The Tennis Thread - Part 5

Alcaraz took the first set but Ruud is coming back in the second.

Also at just 19 Alcaraz Garfia became the youngest man to be ranked world No. 1 in history.
Oh wow, had no idea he was in contention for that. Seems like a real contender to the throne then from this era of greats.

Being world no.1 already at this age means this lad may have more potential than the likes of Raducanu and Fernandez. Winning a major is obviously huge, but you need year-round consistency to get ranked no.1.

Not surprising really, for me the best player to watch, I feel privileged to have seen him live in his 2016 comeback. Funnily enough though I can't believe he won't be retiring quite frustrated, he has 20 slams but there's at least 3 or 4 finals he completely threw away.

Osaka pulls out of the Aussie Open. :csad: Raducanu rolled her ankle in a warm up tournament too so who knows if she will compete.

It was sad that Ons didn't win yesterday as she's such an entertaining player and a charismatic woman that the game needs, but i think she choked as she wanted it too much. On the flip side Carlos Alcaraz victory was a breath of fresh air that the men's game needed, he has all the attributes to be the next major star in Tennis.

SWRSh.jpg

SWRSk.jpg

Are you not entertained?
\
7srfix.gif

Spaniard...Spaniard...Spaniard...!

7svsvk.gif

Last edited:
Really glad to see Alcaraz win on the weekend. This could be the start of something big. A shame he didn’t come on the scene a little earlier to stop Djok getting the record. :D

Congrats to Coco :up:

Bloody Djok wins again. Alcaraz needs to get a boost to his peak level!

Congrats to Coco :up:

Bloody Djok wins again. Alcaraz needs to get a boost to his peak level!

Happy for her. She seems like a really, really good gal. She burst onto the scene a few years ago, has made steady progress, and looks to have an incredibly bright future. Really, really happy for her. Given all of the sacrifices these youngsters need to make, I don't see how some of them remain relatively normal people. Thumbs up Coco:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"