BvS The Tone Of This Movie.

:( It really is an experience. Oh well, can't wait to see Cav-El, BatFleck, and Wonder Gal on the same screen for the first time ever in 2015! :D

:( It really is an experience. Oh well, can't wait to see Cav-El, BatFleck, and Wonder Gal on the same screen for the first time ever in 2015! :D
Betcha thought you were being real clever with that one. Guess what? You weren't. No cookie for you. :oldrazz:

A few jokes and goofy moments don't automatically change the tone from serious to lighthearted. Then again, the point is not about how many jokes you can cram into it, but about not beating the audience over the head with how thematically important your movie is, especially when said movie has aliens in leotards and mech suits beating the crap out of each other.

^ I hate though, that people think that fantasy and superhero automatically means lighthearted. On the other end, I think that most DC films should be stylish and enjoyable, but also deep with an underlying seriousness to them.

^ I hate though, that people think that fantasy and superhero automatically means lighthearted. On the other end, I think that most DC films should be stylish and enjoyable, but also deep with an underlying seriousness to them.

I agree. Like I said (or at least meant to say), the problem comes when you let either side get out of hand. A good balance is required to make it work.

I agree.

Get that Donner crap outta here tbh.

if you mean the story-telling tone-- im really happy with the grounded-in-reality concept that BB started. they should continue with it. and its not like its too serious, they do have humorous moments thats chuckle worthy. if they wanted to ante that up im fine with it too. just dont look like they're trying too hard to do Avengers-style bantering. that works for the Avengers; the Trinity has a different dynamic that should be celebrated and shown-off to the world.

on a visual tone-- i wouldnt mind a bit more colors :o. i have nothing against MOS under-saturated palette, but yeah, more colors this time, would serve well to contrast against the darkness of Batman.

oh you clever boy :oldrazz:

but you got me LOLing so *gives you souffle*

oh you clever boy :oldrazz:

but you got me LOLing so *gives you souffle*

tumblr_m9ph3jNzg51r9t6jso1_500.gif

I'd like to see a movie that brings the best story elements of intrigue and high adventure and melds them masterfully and unapologetically with the fantastic elements of comics.

We've all read great comics and know what that means, how moving and awe inspiring they can be. THAT is what I finally want to see. To me the reality based Nolan stuff with characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Flash are a cop-out. It's just the filmmaker saying that he or she doesn't have the chops or can't figure out how to do it right. Which if that's the case given the talent, technology, and budget at their disposal...? Well they should've never taken or been offered the gig to begin with.

In short the tone should be AWESOME. I want to walk out off the theater wanting to turn around, buy another ticket and see it again, right then and there.

^ I think part of being awe inspiring is integrating the fantasy WITH the reality of the effects of the fantasy on the more realistic world. But don't tone down the fantasy, or make the non-superpowered characters too fantastical.

ACTION-COMICS-900-Ross-Variant.jpg

^^^ MOS kinda did that, didn't it? Superman was still pretty fantastical. It was just lacking in other areas.

I do agree with that though and that will be especially important in BvsS. And that picture is cool.

Last edited:
^^^ MOS kinda did that, didn't it? It was just lacking in other areas.

I do agree with that though and that will be especially important in BvsS. And that picture is cool.

It's by Alex Ross, of course it's cool. Anything he makes is awesome. His depictions and visual style of the JL is what I want to see translated to the big screen. Zack Snyder got that right in Man of Steel.

I wish Zack would translate that picture to the screen. It has a really striking composition. I can't stop looking at it, lol.

^ I think part of being awe inspiring is integrating the fantasy WITH the reality of the effects of the fantasy on the more realistic world. But don't tone down the fantasy, or make the non-superpowered characters too fantastical.

Of course. I just figured that was a given. As Kent posted and I agree with. MoS did a great job of that.

Zack Snyder and his attention to detail would make that scene look gorgeous.

^ He's gonna take on Batman iconography this time, too. Yay!

I think that with the origin out of the way that the next film with Cav-el will have more light touches to it. People want to downplay the very tragic parts of Superman's history in favor of what they see as a bright and positive hero. I love the optimism and simple morality of Superman as well, but even Mario Puzo when he was brought in on SUPERMAN:THE MOVIE and spent some time going over the character, said that when you lay out Superman's history you kind of start from a place that's a bit closer to Greek Tragdey than uplifting fairy tale. I think that MOS take worked well, for me at least. Now that Clark has a place in the world we will get more laughs out of the film. With luck the balance will be closer to Iron Man 1 and not Thor:The Dark World.

I wish Zack would translate that picture to the screen. It has a really striking composition. I can't stop looking at it, lol.

It'd be great if he was throwing the car at a Supervillain to stop it. But yeah, that's a recreation of the original Action comics cover.

I think some of the best scenes visually (and probably tonally) involved "Supes in the real world"

ManOfSteel2013-4244.jpg

I agree, coco. Supes in the real world is striking to see. And it is a great example of this fusion of fantasy and reality people have brought up. In fact, Supes in the real world was what I wanted from mos. I got it sometimes, like in that moment pictured. But there needs to be more. The idea wasn't baked long enough in mos. Shots like this and the Ross art that let the idea marinate in the viewer's mind are so important.

Zack Snyder and his attention to detail would make that scene look gorgeous.

^ He's gonna take on Batman iconography this time, too. Yay!

I can't wait. I absolutely love Zack Snyder and have the highest respect for him as an artist. The guy is a brilliant visual storyteller. It irritates me to no end when people try and compare and lump him and his film making style with the likes of Michael Bay (no offense Bay fans).

The difference is that when it's all said and done Snyder will get the accolades he deserves and will be counted among the all time Sci-Fi/Fantasy film making greats.

And yes... HE GETS TO PLAY WITH BATMAN NEXT! :super::batty::ww:
5nto.gif

I think that with the origin out of the way that the next film with Cav-el will have more light touches to it. People want to downplay the very tragic parts of Superman's history in favor of what they see as a bright and positive hero. I love the optimism and simple morality of Superman as well, but even Mario Puzo when he was brought in on SUPERMAN:THE MOVIE and spent some time going over the character, said that when you lay out Superman's history you kind of start from a place that's a bit closer to Greek Tragdey than uplifting fairy tale. I think that MOS take worked well, for me at least. Now that Clark has a place in the world we will get more laughs out of the film. With luck the balance will be closer to Iron Man 1 and not Thor:The Dark World.

IMO MoS (at least for me) is the best comic film to ever be made. Prior to MoS it would have said it was the first Iron Man. Both are incredible.

I can't wait. I absolutely love Zack Snyder and have the highest respect for him as an artist. The guy is a brilliant visual storyteller. It irritates me to no end when people try and compare and lump him and his film making style with the likes of Michael Bay (no offense Bay fans).

The difference is that when it's all said and done Snyder will get the accolades he deserves and will be counted among the all time Sci-Fi/Fantasy film making greats.

And yes... HE GETS TO PLAY WITH BATMAN NEXT! :super::batty::ww:

Makes me beyond giddy! :woot::ww::super::batman::batty::ybat: :supes:

IMO MoS (at least for me) is the best comic film to ever be made. Prior to MoS it would have said it was the first Iron Man. Both are incredible.

I left the theatre with my jaw on the floor after MOS' credits rolled. I think it's a great CBM, indeed maybe the greatest, and I just am baffled by the hate.

I put MOS in the high pantheon of CBMs. I absolutely loved it and cannot wait for the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"