The Truth about the Dean Cain/Smallville Rumors..

K

Kane

From the Superman Homepage:

An interview with Dean Cain will feature in the May 15th edition of the TV Guide magazine (out this week). The interview focuses mostly on the NBC miniseries "10.5: Apocolypse", but there are a few Superman-related questions regarding Tom Welling and Brandon Routh. Thanks to TV Guide, we're able to bring you this excerpt from the interview...

Q: Speaking of rumors, is it true that "Smallville" wanted you to come on?

A: I met with those guys, but for another project. As far as I know, they've never asked me to do "Smallville". I like the show. I think it's completely different from the [character's] history, so I don't consider it a "Superman show." The guy doesn't wear the suit. And you can't be Superman if you don't wear the suit.

Q: And this summer, we'll have a new Superman...

A: Good luck to Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh... for me, I'm actually happy that "Superman Returns" is coming out so the mantle will be passed to somebody else.

Q: But in a bar fight, who's got it? You, Tom Welling or Brandon Routh?
A: I would never bet against myself in a bar fight. Grab the May 15th edition of the TV Guide magazine to read the complete interview.

Hmmm so it seems Dean wasnt asked to do Smallville but the good news is he's in contact with G+M. There could still be hope they could get him to play Zod for season 6; a major ratings grabber.

I guess its up to the fans to show some interest to G+M to cast him for the role. I think you need someone like him (who could resemble the Zod from the comics) instead of the frail Terrence Stamp look. I want him to pass as a formidable, threatening villian.

Do you think he should appear?

To bad. It would have been cool if he played Zod or have been Christopher Reeve's Character's Son that arrive's to help Clark

Kane said:

An interview with Dean Cain will feature in the May 15th edition of the TV Guide magazine (out this week). The interview focuses mostly on the NBC miniseries "10.5: Apocolypse", but there are a few Superman-related questions regarding Tom Welling and Brandon Routh. Thanks to TV Guide, we're able to bring you this excerpt from the interview...

A: I met with those guys, but for another project. As far as I know, they've never asked me to do "Smallville". I like the show. I think it's completely different from the [character's] history, so I don't consider it a "Superman show." The guy doesn't wear the suit. And you can't be Superman if you don't wear the suit.

A: Good luck to Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh... for me, I'm actually happy that "Superman Returns" is coming out so the mantle will be passed to somebody else.

A: I would never bet against myself in a bar fight. Grab the May 15th edition of the TV Guide magazine to read the complete interview.

Hmmm so it seems Dean wasnt asked to do Smallville but the good news is he's in contact with G+M. There could still be hope they could get him to play Zod for season 6; a major ratings grabber.

I guess its up to the fans to show some interest to G+M to cast him for the role. I think you need someone like him (who could resemble the Zod from the comics) instead of the frail Terrence Stamp look. I want him to pass as a formidable, threatening villian.

hmmm since AL & Miles are both in contact with Caine I wonder if the fans who want to see him on the show start a rakus online maybe we could actually get the WB to bring him into the show somehow! :) QUICK SOMEONE START A PETITION!
Caine would make a good ZOD! IMO!
Before they blow it on some pretty boy from mtv for the show they should get Caine! lol :up:

What I wonder is since he is in contact with these Guys maybe they are negotiating something :confused: Could it that be they are talking to him about being the Star of another Show or something on the CW. Should be interesting if we find out what Project these Two are specifically talking to Dean Cain for

Kane said:

:eek: Opens a can of worms.

Kane said:

Almost reads like he's bitter because TW is considred \S/ by many even though he doenst wear the sduit. Wonder if that's what he ment or if that's how the interviewer intended.

Why is everyone now coming out and saying Welling isnt Superman now that the movie is close when before you would hear different?

Tony_Montana said:
Why is everyone now coming out and saying Welling isnt Superman now that the movie is close when before you would hear different?

This is the first I've seen of that. . . TV guide and a few others have had a different take on it.

Though that is a good question if this becomes a trend.

The good news is that he WAS in contact with Al & Miles for another project and not for SV. Keep him away.. lol.

No Welling said it a while back in an interview and now in the upcoming doc. about Superman Martha says it and now Dean Cain says it. I mean its just seems like the thing to say now.

Tony_Montana said:
No Welling said it a while back in an interview and now in the upcoming doc. about Superman Martha says it and now Dean Cain says it. I mean its just seems like the thing to say now.

Think it has anything to do with the lawsuit?

No because the lawsuit is about Superboy not Superman and they are saying he is not Superman which is shocking to come from the cast of the show.

NHawk19 said:
Almost reads like he's bitter because TW is considred \S/ by many even though he doenst wear the sduit. Wonder if that's what he ment or if that's how the interviewer intended.

:rolleyes: Typical fan reaction. Thats so not true. Keep reading..

"Good luck to Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh... for me, I'm actually happy that "Superman Returns" is coming out so the mantle will be passed to somebody else."

Doesnt sound bitter over the new Superman..

Nhawk wasn't refering to that, Dean probably knows that he was the worst Superman ever.

The Incredible Hulk said:
Dean Cain, a ratings grabber? :confused:

To have a former Superman on the show... and the way we know WB would advertise it in some over-the-top way, it probably would be.

KalKai said:
Nhawk wasn't refering to that, Dean probably knows that he was the worst Superman ever.

He wasnt good but he certainly wasnt the worst from what Ive seen. Aside from Chris Reeve, possibly BR and to a lesser extent George Reeves, the other historical Superman actors have been awful.

You should see the ABC Superman Holiday special...

In the documentary, he didnt seem bitter though. He said ratings were high and the show was great but after Lois and Clark got married, they realized there wasnt much they could do with the series, and it was time to move on.

Kane said:
To have a former Superman on the show... and the way we know WB would advertise it in some over-the-top way, it probably would be.

Dean Cain is like the butt of Superman jokes. Even Gerard Christopher laughs at him.... If Smallville really wanted a ratings grabber they'd go out and get someone like Gene Hackman to do a cameo.

Hackman would never do this series. That is obvious.

They hire actors of Cain's status all the time for recurring roles.

Hes certainly the topic of Superman jokes on the message boards, but like Kate Bosworth, I dont think he cares about the opinions on the net or bothers to hear them.

I think he could play a good villian, that relaxed demeanour they'd likely use for Zod. He recently played off a similar type of personality on his SVU appearance.

One thing for sure is, earlier in the season when Ksite came out with that rumor of Dean Cain's appearance on the show as a possible love interest for Lois, there was definately alot of positive buzz and anticipation from Smallville fans.

You mean from K-Site? lol.

Seriously though, how can you bring in Dean Cain after Christopher Reeve? that's just wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"