The Truth about the Dean Cain/Smallville Rumors..

Tony_Montana said:
Why is everyone now coming out and saying Welling isnt Superman now that the movie is close when before you would hear different?

seriously who cares about Dean Cain lol... Welling does play Superman... He plays him at an age before he put the suit on.. But he's still very much Superman.

Welling says lots of things.. lol. This thread isn't about that anyway so stay on topic.

:rolleyes: Who cares what Welling, Cain and O'Toole say? What do they know?

Us, Smallville internet fans know so much better!

:up:

Cain knows nothing, he doesn't have anything to do with the show.

lol I follow it, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I don't see why I have to give so much importance to what Cain says.

Then I'll give importance to O'Toole and Welling's words...same difference. Adding them to the so-called 'Peanut Gallery' as well. :up:

Where are these Welling's words? O'Toole said Superman doesn't exist in SV and we all agree with that, but again, it's just the name and the suit, and again, they aren't important right now.

I agree with that also actually. She summed it up quite well.

Even Erica (at the Toronto con) joking how the minute he puts on the tights and becomes Superman, Smallville will be over and she'll be out of a job, so shes hoping that day doesnt come soon..

Personally though, the adventures of teen Clark Kent isnt exactly my cup of tea but I can understand why Smallville fans are into it.

As long as Brainiac and Lex are still on the show though, I'll keep watching and still be interested, I guess thats all that matters.

anyone see that TV movie where Cain played Scott Peterson? It was so bad it made me want to go out and kill someone....

The Incredible Hulk said:
anyone see that TV movie where Cain played Scott Peterson? It was so bad it made me want to go out and kill someone....
So he was inspirational? Cool!

:p

Good read...Dean Cain always came across as a cool person. I met him in a Barnes and Noble in 2000 in Phoenix. Random I know

Dean as Zod would be great.
As a fan of Lois & Clark, I'd like that very much.

Dean Cain is like the butt of Superman jokes. Even Gerard Christopher laughs at him.... If Smallville really wanted a ratings grabber they'd go out and get someone like Gene Hackman to do a cameo.

I think Dean is an awesome Clark Kent. He wasn't meant to play Superman. I find him extremely irresistable.

As for Gerard, I think his real life self is a betrayal to his Superboy character. When I first saw him on screen, I thought he'd be this really nice person who generally cared for his fans, but NOPE, he is a perv. He only wants to get to know you if you are willing to sleep with him. He's SUPER arrogant. Yes, I've know him. I'm so disapointed and the sad part is that sooo many young people look up to him because of who he portrayed. So, for Christopher to even laugh at Cain, I think Christopher has to evaluate himself first and foremost just what he's doing.

LOL, welcome to 2 months ago. I assume you found my post on some google search and joined just to inform me of this. While I'm flattered, I think your off base.
The problem with Cain was that there was ABSOLUTLEY NO DIFFERENCE between his Clark Kent and his Superman. He played them EXACTLY the same. He suffered from the same problem that plagues the new guy in the movies.

LOL, welcome to 2 months ago. I assume you found my post on some google search and joined just to inform me of this. While I'm flattered, I think your off base.
The problem with Cain was that there was ABSOLUTLEY NO DIFFERENCE between his Clark Kent and his Superman. He played them EXACTLY the same. He suffered from the same problem that plagues the new guy in the movies.

Cain actually achieved the two extremes:

His Clark Kent was probably the best portrayal of the character. And, his Superman was the worst. Chris Reeve's Superman was the best imo, and I think TW is good as "young" Clark. But, Cain's Clark Kent, is the best one yet. His chemistry with Teri Hatcher was fantastic. Granted, Lois & Clark lost it after two seasons, but for the first two years, it was a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"