The Dark Knight The Tumbler and Bat-Pod is on tour!

Reaction score
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/the-dark-knights-bat-pod-and-tumbler-go-on-tour.php

Taken from FSJ.com:

It is very rare that fans get a chance to get very close to a big prop from a big summer movie such as The Dark Knight, but then again life does often lend itself to surprises. As you can see from the photo of my chubby ass above, the Tumbler and the Bat-Pod from the upcoming Batman flick were hanging around outside of my hotel in Los Angeles over the weekend, as press from all over the world came to town to get their fill of the adventure.
But while something like this would normally be lost on a bunch of industry pros who are no longer excited about Batman’s wheels, it appears that Warner Bros. wants to bring these kick-ass rides to a city near you, or at least a few cities that aren’t L.A. and NYC. It was announced today that both the Bat-Pod and the Tumbler (with was featured in Batman Begins as well) will be traveling to the following cities across the United States before ending up back in Los Angeles the week of release for the big, star-studded premiere:
  • Phoenix
  • Denver
  • St. Louis
  • Cleveland (July 6)
  • Kansas City
  • Cincinnati (July 5)
  • Washington, DC
  • Philadelphia
  • Boston
  • Toronto
  • Niagara Falls, NY
  • New York City
  • Chicago
We will, of course, update you with all of the relevant information as it becomes available. What we do know is that on July 5 the display will be at Kings Island in Cincinnati, Ohio from 12:00om to 2:00pm and then be transported to the Showcase Cinema de Lux & IMAX in Springdale, Ohio and be on display from 3:30pm to 5:30pm that afternoon.
For Clevelanders, the good will be on display at the Cinemark Valley View on Sunday July 6 from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
This is one of those once in a lifetime events that I would highly recommend checking out, as both the Tumbler and the Bat-Pod are pretty damn cool. I know — I hung out with them all weekend.
Alright, enough of that. Check back in with us often as we will bring you more date and time info for other cities. Also, stay tuned as I will be bringing you my review of The Dark Knight as well as a plethora of articles from the junket in Los Angeles.

The Batpod is even gonna be in Rome.

Toronto! Wicked, I need to remember to check this out and snap a pic.

Anyone know what hotel they're at in LA?

Well the batpod and tumbler were in phoenix today and I had no idea and missed it. Totally sucks

I'm going to check it out while in Cleveland, is anyone esle from Cleveland going to check it out?

I told them that they should display the Batpod at my work. They didn't go for that.

Lol. I hope they come to Europe as well. People in US are so lucky sometimes. Some of us dont even have IMAX.
I told them that they should display the Batpod at my work. They didn't go for that.

any more info on the dates? i have to see this...and steal them both.

Went and checked the Batpod and the Tumbler in Cleveland today.

P1010176.jpg

P1010177.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010180.jpg

Very cool! Anyone have a date or info for the Toronto location yet?

Is there any info or even a date if the tour comes to the Sunshine State?

funny, just got back in from vacation
(been on the road on my way back home, for the last 24 hours)

while on the road, driving down the freeway, idk, somewhere in Ohio, I think??? pulled up along side a flatbed, took a look over, and realized, it was carrying the Tumbler
a lil farther up the road I saw that trailer, too

(was just coming here to find a place to post it, figured this was the best one)
knowing, now, that it's on tour it makes more since that it was on the road
but, it was quite a pleasant surprise, on a other wise boring road trip
(I'll upload some shots later, I got some on my phone, I think my sister, got some on her digital, when she uploads them)

Just thought I share

Yeah it seems amazing that the dates for Toronto (And all the other cities on the list for that matter) are impossible to find anywhere on the net.

You'd think they'd want to promote that tour...

Agree, hoping it just doesn't randomly show up in Toronto today or something and I miss it. I imagine Yonge/Dundas square would be a good location for them to have it on display.

I think Dundas Sq. would definitely be the place. Or maybe inside the Eaton Centre even. If you want to attract people that is, cause for now it looks like the places where they displayed them were pretty quiet ones (I'm just judging from the pics, it always looked like the fans taking the pictures were the only ones around).

But I can't check the place everyday, and even if someone could, they'd still have to rely on luck to see them, considering they only display them for a couple of hours in each city...

Film School Rejects today said they are working on finding the dates, this weekend it seems as though they only had the Bat-Pod available for viewing in Cincinnati, but I think that's because the Tumbler was busy with that race it was involved in (it raced a race car or something, I'm not sure of the details but there's video of it somewhere).

So they were in Cleveland yesterday and supposedly they're in the Baltimore/DC area today. Since there are no other cities listed that are south of DC, I have to assume that they'll work their way up the east coast, so Philly might be next. The only update I've heard is that they'll be in Niagara Falls this coming Sunday. It's frustrating not being able to find any updates. I'm in the Philly area and I really don't want to miss this. :huh:

Man I wish they'd come to Detroit. But I guess it's for the better cause if it came here, I'd steal the hell out of the Tumbler!

Those Bat-pod pics are sweet Bob!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"