• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises Tumbler Tour

paulv70

Civilian
Reaction score
Apparently the Tumbler and Bat-Pod are going on tour. This site gives the dates and cities where it will be but doesn't seem to be giving exact locations. Anybody got any ideas?

http://www.tumblertour.com/

It's going to El Paso! I'm gonna see the Tumbler! I'm gonna drive the Tumbler! I'm gonna make pancakes of police patrols with the Tumbler! :D

Hopefully Bane and his men don't attempt a hijacking here.

No, for some reason it doesn't give exact locations on the sites. I hope they're not just going to ride around town randomly just to entertain by-standers. Not cool. :dry:

I think they got the Montreal address wrong. The location is the Formula 1 race track, but the address leads to some neighbourhood... :o

Cool, going to Wal-Mart not too far from my work. I wonder if they'll drive it around. :D

Hopefully they will make their way over to Florida where I am. I wanna take my g/f and my group of friends to see the Tumbler and the Bat-Pod so bad! lol I'll make a trip anywhere if it's close by! xD

I'm disappointed they neglected the New England area. Guess they can't go everywhere though. I do have a chance to see them in Buffalo, NY since I'll be about an hour away in Canada.

They did this with them during the Dark Knight, we had them at our theatre a couple weeks before the movie came out. When the engine on the tumbler gets reved it'll shake your body. Was pretty sweet to get to see and touch it for real. Th Bat Pod is much bigger in person then it looks in video's.

If I have the money, I am so taking a Greyhound up to Columbus to see this! I live in Dayton so it only takes about 45 mins to get up there. This is awesome!

My wife and I will be attendning the stop in Lansing, MI! We got to see the camo Tumbers and the Batpod pretty close at the Gotham City Hall shoot in Pittsburgh, which was super bad ass, but I'm guessing that this will be a little more hands on. It would be sweet if they had some TDKR swag as well. :)

Saw the Tumbler at the '04 Licensing, then on the TDK tour. This is going to be a nice sending off :awesome:

I got to the see the Tumbler and Batpod on the tour's first stop in Bentonville, AR. I'm not sure why it began here though, there isn't even an IMAX theater in the area to promote. I wished they would've scheduled some demo time where we get to see the vehicles in action... still, it was great to see them up close! Here some are some pics...

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

I am going to stay until they drive them off at the end in Columbus.

My wife and I will be attendning the stop in Lansing, MI! We got to see the camo Tumbers and the Batpod pretty close at the Gotham City Hall shoot in Pittsburgh, which was super bad ass, but I'm guessing that this will be a little more hands on. It would be sweet if they had some TDKR swag as well. :)

They were giving away mini-posters and t-shirts.

^How long had they been doing it when you arrived? Meaning how long had the vehicles been there?

^How long had they been doing it when you arrived? Meaning how long had the vehicles been there?

The website said that the vehicles would be on display from 10AM-3PM. I arrived around noon. I couldn't make it any earlier, and I actually wanted to come later than that so I could maybe watch them load 'em up and get to hear the engines fire up and such... but I didn't want to miss out completely either if they decided to close up shop early. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for another three hours. Like I said, it would've been nice if they had scheduled some kind of exhibition for the fans to get really excited about... start them up, drive them around the parking lot or something... but still cool nonetheless!

To me this seems like a dumb idea. Why bother parading around tumblers?

To me this seems like a dumb idea. Why bother parading around tumblers?

Because people want to see a real one close up.
Because people who are Batman fans are interested in them.
Because people who are interested in various types of vehicles will be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"