The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Do I have to watch Part 1 before I see this one? (Breaking Dawn Part 1 is the only Twilight I haven't seen...)
Since each one's an half of the same book then yes, you should.

Not clever. Lazy. "Have your cake and eat it too" way of writing. If you pulled that in a writing class, the teacher would flunk you.

That aside, Breaking Dawn - Part II was OK. Nothing truly nuts happened (unlike the last one). Then again, it felt like nothing really happened at all. Kinda boring too.

James Berardinelli said virtually the exact same thing in his review.

*side-eyes Jamie suspiciously*

Not clever. Lazy. "Have your cake and eat it too" way of writing. If you pulled that in a writing class, the teacher would flunk you.

That aside, Breaking Dawn - Part II was OK. Nothing truly nuts happened (unlike the last one). Then again, it felt like nothing really happened at all. Kinda boring too.
Yeah, but to me all the books were like that. Like the author keeps building up to these moments that never happen. I found the whole series really slow. I only read it all because my kid did.

I thought this one was better than the part 1. Ya, it felt a little slow, but yet rushed.
The end battle was well done and I'm glad they did one it made the ending more enjoyable. The Twist ending aka the battle was a nice touch, everyone in the audience was clapping when it turned out to be just 'Alice's' fake vision to Aro. Though before that everyone sighed when Carlile(sp) and Jasper and I think it was Seth and one of the other wolves that got killed. Everyone cheered when Edward/Bella took out Aro.
I also enjoyed the beginning credit sequence was a nice touch, and I really enjoyed the end credit sequence of going through all the main characters from other movies and who played them; well done. Overall 3/5 the series 3/5. Not the best Trilogy ever, but not terrible neither.

72 mil already.

Almost identical for Part 1's opening day. If it wasn't for the certain 40% drop on Saturday and a further 33% on Sunday (like Part 1 and 'New Moon') -- the opening weekend would be more impressive. If the fan WOM persists, it could reach that $300M mark but probably closer to "New Moon" domestically.

Still a huge win for Summit and Lionsgate. It's already broke even this weekend, everything else is gravy and more money in the actors' pockets.

I have to add that Carter Burwell really outdid himself here. His work on Breaking Dawn Parts 1 & 2 is some of his best work. His opening credit overture incorporates Desplat's and Shore's themes skillfully, and the opening credits are quite something.

Again, like with Part 1, you can't deny the money invested in making this film look and sound like a proper $110M+ budget flick.

I thought this one was better than the part 1. Ya, it felt a little slow, but yet rushed.
The end battle was well done and I'm glad they did one it made the ending more enjoyable. The Twist ending aka the battle was a nice touch, everyone in the audience was clapping when it turned out to be just 'Alice's' fake vision to Aro. Though before that everyone sighed when Carlile(sp) and Jasper and I think it was Seth and one of the other wolves that got killed. Everyone cheered when Edward/Bella took out Aro.
I also enjoyed the beginning credit sequence was a nice touch, and I really enjoyed the end credit sequence of going through all the main characters from other movies and who played them; well done. Overall 3/5 the series 3/5. Not the best Trilogy ever, but not terrible neither.

Really people clapped? There were many sighs in mine and you could hear a few wow that's dumb and a couple walked out. I wanted to, without a doubt the worst ending I've ever seen

So I watched this today. I have never read any of the books. No excuses or justifying reasons, I have enjoyed the films for the most parts. I didn't get a lot out of Part 1 and really didn't plan on watching Part 2. I ended up going to today with other people who have not read the books. I have to say:

My jaw literally dropped when Carlisle was beheaded. Wow! I haven't been so into a battle scene since ROTS. Just my opinion, and my experience at the theater, but every groaned when it turned out to be just a vision. It felt good to actually be rooting for characters and being involved. Big disappointment for it not to be real.

So, just to be clear, that scene does not happen at all in the book?

It does not, at least not shown in the way the movie does it. Cut it out and that's the book version.

Well guarded spoiler considering it was in the trailer and most fans have read the books. Cool.

OMG the "fight" scene was the best part of movie, not only because they managed to actually surprise me and make me want to buy the movie on dvd, but just to see my friends faces who love the films. They were freaking out like no other while me and my other friend were in the middle laughing so hard at them.

Recomended.

Really? I can sum it up pretty easier, The vampire and chick gets married, the chick gets knocked up, the chick dies delivering her baby, but is turned into a vampire afterwards. The end.

Another bloated movie in the Twilight series, I thought the movie was pretty awful the only interesting part of the movie was
the fight that wasn't even real, I was actually interested because it seemed like the franchise finally had some consequences, but nope it was just a fake out and everyone goes home. Seriously this big threat throughout the franchise has been the Volturi and they just took off after being told the baby wasn't actually what they feared. It made the whole movie meaningless. Tack 5-10 minutes onto the end of Breaking Dawn 1, saying that everyone lived happily ever after and you're done.

Really wish that this happened in the movie:

[YT]21Pjiaxz914[/YT]

That wouldn't have changed a thing. Almost everyone on that field on both sides would have still died had an actual fight taken place.

Twilight_Breaking_Dawn_Part2_Extended_Blu-ray-502x600.jpg

Here is the chance to discover even more of the blockbuster film when The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Extended Edition, featuring eight minutes of never-before-seen footage, debuts only on Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and UV), DVD (plus Digital Copy and UV) and Digital Download on Saturday March 2nd from Summit Entertainment, a LIONSGATE company. Now with eight minutes of new and extended scenes added back into the film by Director Bill Condon, along with his optional audio commentary, fans can delve deeper into the epic series they adore.Experiencethe timeless romance and drama in a whole new way when The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Extended Edition, featuring the original theatrical version and the all-new extended edition with optional audio commentary from the director, arrives onBlu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $29.99 and $22.98, respectively.

“As Twilight series devotees know, there was a lot of ground to cover in adapting Breaking Dawn to the screen,” said Condon. “Between the wedding, the honeymoon, the birth, and everything in between, naturally there were things that didn’t make it into our final cut. But I wanted to make sure that for all the Twihards out there, there was a chance to see some of these cut scenes – several of which are fan favorites from the book.”

The Twilight Saga has held its spot as the top-selling home entertainment franchise since 2008 and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 took in $281.3 million in domestic box office sales after its release on November 18, 2011. The worldwide phenomenon continues to ignite a huge following of passionate and loyal fans that have driven the success of the Saga from the beginning.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Extended Edition now featuring additional footage, presents the marriage, honeymoon and the birth of a child that brings unforeseen and shocking developments for Bella and Edward and those they love, including new complications with werewolf Jacob Black.

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Street Date: March 2nd, 2013
Year of Production: 2011
Title Copyright: © 2012 Summit Entertainment, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Special Edition
Rating: Not Rated
Genre: Drama; Romance
Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH
DVD Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16×9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
DVD Format: 16×9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
Feature Running Time: 124 minutes
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 7.1 DTS HD-MA, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Optimized for Late Night Listening and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio
DVD Audio Status: English 5.1 Dolby Digital EX, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Optimized for Late Night Listening and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN – PART 1 EXTENDED EDITION Trailer[YT]289PwuQIDmY[/YT]

Good lord is that creepy.

*shudders*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"