The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Quite smart of them to deviate from the book. Its a win-win for fans and non-fans alike.

If you see the movie, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I have to give props to Melissa Rosenberg and Bill Condon for figuring it out. Very clever.

Spoil it for me, please? I know the book ending and I think it's beyond ******ed. Curious to see what they changed.

Spoil it for me, please? I know the book ending and I think it's beyond ******ed. Curious to see what they changed.

Simply, you get an actual battle. Whether it means anything or not is another story.

If you see the movie, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I have to give props to Melissa Rosenberg and Bill Condon for figuring it out. Very clever.

Not clever. Lazy. "Have your cake and eat it too" way of writing. If you pulled that in a writing class, the teacher would flunk you.

That aside, Breaking Dawn - Part II was OK. Nothing truly nuts happened (unlike the last one). Then again, it felt like nothing really happened at all. Kinda boring too.

Not clever. Lazy. "Have your cake and eat it too" way of writing. If you pulled that in a writing class, the teacher would flunk you.

That aside, Breaking Dawn - Part II was OK. Nothing truly nuts happened (unlike the last one). Then again, it felt like nothing really happened at all. Kinda boring too.

You're just not cool enough to comprehend it. :oldrazz:

Saw this. Absolutely terrible just like the others. There really is no point to it, its a 30 minute story expanded into 90 minutes and one of the main characters is a pedophile. You can try and spin it any way you want, he's a pedophile. But I will say the battle is pretty sweet, lots of dismemberments. But none of that matters because it had without the worst ending of all time. 3/10

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I forgot this was released last night. That would explain why my theater was packed with 12-14 year old girls.

Anywho, I never the understood how Vampires (from this series) could stand toe-to-toe with Werewolves. In basically every adaptation, a Vampire fighting a Werewolf without a weapon is considered suicidal.

Eh, but then I remembered, this is Twilight.

Just a reminder - same rules apply here as they do with the previous Twilight movies: if you've seen the movie and want to critique it*, go ahead. If you're here just to bash the series and its fans, don't.

* just giving the movie a bad review is not trolling, so don't go reporting every person who says something negative about the film.

Considering the way the book ended, it's better than following it to the letter. Yes, it's contrived, but I thought it worked. I wouldn't dream of using that 'have your cake and eat it' strategy in my writing class, but in this movie -- I thought it worked here.

Different strokes for different folks.

Saw this. Absolutely terrible just like the others. There really is no point to it, its a 30 minute story expanded into 90 minutes and one of the main characters is a pedophile. You can try and spin it any way you want, he's a pedophile. But I will say the battle is pretty sweet, lots of dismemberments

I thought a lot of the carnage would've earned an R-rating... but since it's bloodless, the MPAA let it by with a PG-13. Some of that stuff is brutal.

Just a reminder - same rules apply here as they do with the previous Twilight movies: if you've seen the movie and want to critique it*, go ahead. If you're here just to bash the series and its fans, don't.

* just giving the movie a bad review is not trolling, so don't go reporting every person who says something negative about the film.
Are so many people reporting everybody that gives the film a bad review?

I am not a big Twilight fan by any means, but I took my kid to see this today and found it very decent. Especially when you consider that I hated the book. The changes that were made to the film only improved it over the book, you ask me. I would hope that any regular fan would enjoy it. :)

Least bad of the series and in parts actually fairly good. I hated the twist though. Without that I might even have considered giving the movie a "good" rating.

5/10 or 2/5

How was the audience reaction to the teasers to 'Catching Fire' and 'The Mortal Instruments'?

Do I have to watch Part 1 before I see this one? (Breaking Dawn Part 1 is the only Twilight I haven't seen...)

Took my wife to see it. Im not a fan of the books or the movies, but I found this one to be enjoyable. The cgi baby was distracting, but other than that no complaints. The twist at the end was hilarious to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"