The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

This is not giving me the sense that this angle of the story will any less creepy than it was in the book. And not the good kind of creepy. :dry:

I haven't seen the fourth film or read any of the books, but my friends who have filled me in on the ending. In passing I didn't think about it other than it was an absurd way of ending the love triangle. However, seeing that picture makes me realize these books are even creepier than I realized. :eek:

Between Bella and now this, young girls are being woefully misinformed about the world. :oldrazz:

This makes Katniss look like an even better character, at least.

I'm sure Stephanie Meyer has a clause in her contract, or have enough leveraging power to prevent such nonsense. The Hunger Games was a huge breakout success, they should milk that instead.

Indeed. And they already ARE doing follow-ups to the Hunger Games right now as we speak!

I haven't seen the fourth film or read any of the books, but my friends who have filled me in on the ending. In passing I didn't think about it other than it was an absurd way of ending the love triangle. However, seeing that picture makes me realize these books are even creepier than I realized. :eek:

It was a lazy way to end a love triangle, that was my biggest problem with it, other than the obvious ick aspect of it.

Meyer's explanation of how imprinting will work so that Jacob will like having the best uncle ever doesn't really help making that sound better either.

Edit: On a side note I'm surprised to see that this thread has over 10,000 page views but only 600 comments? Makes you wonder if most of the Hype are fans.
It's like a car accident. Some people just can't help but stare.

Indeed. And they already ARE doing follow-ups to the Hunger Games right now as we speak!

I know. It seemed silly for Lionsgate to set a release date for Catching Fire when the first movie was still shooting, but in hindsight, they knew they had something and wanted to stake their claim. Couple with the fact that the studio had most of the cast members sign a four-film contract (compared to the book trilogy), Lionsgate will pull a finale book split to maximize revenue.

But it seems ridiculous for Lionsgate to try and milk their other franchise... when it's clear the biggest draw of Twilight is the actors (who have no interest in reprising their roles in a TV show). They should be happy with the revenue they'll going to get with Part 2, as well as home video sales and whatnot.

Saw the article on CS.net's front page. Why are they reporting BD's article as NEWS? It was just one guy talking out his arse! He had NO SOURCE, no reasons for why he said Lionsgate is "secretly going to remake Twilight, but will deny it anyway", NOTHING! It was just BS! I know this partly me saying this because I just want this series over and done with after this year, but, seriously, who'd be crazy enough to immediately remake a series like this, and a BAD one at this, JUST AFTER IT'S ENDED? It makes no sense!

New trailer's out. What more is there to say than the obvious: it sucks balls. This better BE the last one for us to sit though, because if they DO try and remake/reboot it, then there's but one option left to stop it:

[YT]gb2zIR2rvRQ[/YT]

New trailer's out. What more is there to say than the obvious: it sucks balls. This better BE the last one for us to sit though, because if they DO try and remake/reboot it, then there's but one option left to stop it:

[YT]gb2zIR2rvRQ[/YT]

Why do you have to sit through it? Is someone forcing you to see it?

Just a reminder that the general Twilight bashing is still a no-no.

Just watched the new trailer. I think a drawback to Breaking Dawn being split the way it has is that the final movie won't really have anything to do with the Jacob/Bella/Edward triangle, a central aspect of the story. Oh well. Speaking of which, I might be the only one who isn't creeped out in the least by Jacob and Renesmee implanting. It strikes me very much as two souls finding each other, not two people who are at different stages of emotional or physical development. I felt the movie portrayed that quite well, by emphasizing Jacob falling in love with a grown Renesmee. It also lends a lot to Jacob's criticism of Bella for being so fixated on age in New Moon.

I know I"m not this series' target audience and didn't even see the last one, but doesn't that trailer look underwhelming? It looks like the same climax from the third movie except in the snow. And it seems to all rest on Bella being a vampire and mother. I don't hate Kristen Stewart, but judging from the trailer, there is nothing different in her performance between vampire and human, much less maternal.

Eh, it's not for me anyway, so I don't think it matters what I thought.

not a twilight fan at all...but watched the trailer and amazed at how boring it looks...the other trailers were alot more exciting than this films.

Just watched the new trailer. I think a drawback to Breaking Dawn being split the way it has is that the final movie won't really have anything to do with the Jacob/Bella/Edward triangle, a central aspect of the story.

Has it really been a central aspect of the story though? Bella and Edward have been together basically the entire time, Jacob has just been the creepy stalker, friend, that couldn't take a hint, then a direct no. Hell, there was more of a love triangle in the Harry Potter movies than here.

Oh well. Speaking of which, I might be the only one who isn't creeped out in the least by Jacob and Renesmee implanting. It strikes me very much as two souls finding each other, not two people who are at different stages of emotional or physical development. I felt the movie portrayed that quite well, by emphasizing Jacob falling in love with a grown Renesmee. It also lends a lot to Jacob's criticism of Bella for being so fixated on age in New Moon.

So you'd have no problem if when the moment your baby is born your grown up friend says I'm going to marry him/her, we're destined to be together. The same friend, who for the past year or two has been hanging around waiting for you to break up with your boy/girlfriend so they could hook up with you. Not backing off even when you tell them you're engaged.

It is what it is.

So you'd have no problem if when the moment your baby is born your grown up friend says I'm going to marry him/her, we're destined to be together. The same friend, who for the past year or two has been hanging around waiting for you to break up with your boy/girlfriend so they could hook up with you. Not backing off even when you tell them you're engaged.

from what i can remember of the books, bella was pretty peeved that he had imprinted on her. also jacob treats her as if she was his little sister than anything else. when she's an adult in a couple years, his feeling could change though i guess.

I know I"m not this series' target audience and didn't even see the last one, but doesn't that trailer look underwhelming?

It does. I mean, Summit did a good job of promoting the last three Twilight films... regardless of the quality of the final products. (Especially Eclipse and Breaking Dawn: Part 1, and I enjoyed both of those as guilty pleasures.)

But the final film... I don't know if it's Lionsgate's lackluster marketing campaign taking over or if it's indicative of the film itself.

Has it really been a central aspect of the story though? Bella and Edward have been together basically the entire time, Jacob has just been the creepy stalker, friend, that couldn't take a hint, then a direct no. Hell, there was more of a love triangle in the Harry Potter movies than here.

Starting with this trailer, the Internet is going to troll the character of Jacob just because of this one movie until the rest of time. I read on EW that even Robert Pattinson was laughing his ass off at it and saying how he could never play scenes like that seriously in his life.

Meyer must be kind of tone deaf to how some of these ideas actually sound.

I honestly think the trailer is really good....1st one I'm actually looking forward to seeing..and also DAYUM....Kristen Stewart looks SO MUCH HOTTER as a Vamp :atp:

I liked the new trailer and I'm a heterosexual guy who is looking forward to this film...

I admit that my wife is the one who got me into appreciating Twilight, so now we can appreciate it together. I can also appreciate a good knock on Twilight as well.

Case in point, I couldn't stop laughing at this...
[YT]MFMB24FW7SI[/YT]

here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMB24FW7SI

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 - Trailer 2
[YT]61gjz6Okv_I[/YT]

According to Summit/Lionsgate's latest press release, Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 will actually premiere on 10 p.m. on November 15th. (I assume regular midnight shows will still be in place after that.)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95347

That's weird. First it was Paranormal Activity 4's 9 p.m. debut on October 18th, and now this. Are the studios trying to avoid midnight shows now because of what happened in Aurora back in July?

Some initial thoughts. Not a bad ending, still protracted like Part 1 was, but at least the plot is consistently moving and it's hardly boring. Stewart and Pattinson have believable parent chemistry with Mackenzie Foy, and it's nice to see Stewart emote some as opposed to her constantly pouting and brushing her hair away in the past couple of flicks. A few thoughts on the more spoilery elements of the film:

- I didn't read the book (read the summary), but I liked that little twist at the end that gave casual fans the battle they wanted but kept the book fans happy.
- I wanted more of Lee Pace's character and the Amazon coven... they barely had adequate screentime. There's so much potential they could've had in the final battle that's left unsaid. (Or explored prior.)
- The end credits are styled after the first movie's... and all the actors from the whole franchise are credited, including the 'New Moon' and 'Eclipse' actors. (Starting from the newest/least important up to the main three actors at the end.) Even Rachel Levefre and Bryce Dallas Howard get separate credits billing as Victoria.
- Carter Burwell does incorporate material from Desplat and Shore's scores into the final film's score (and they're credited as well). A very nice nod to continuity.
- Unlike the persistent rumors and what the actors have said, the final film does NOT have a post-credits scene or anything of the sort. (At least not on the prints at our theater.)
- They've toned down the ickiness factor of the Renesmee/Jacob imprint relationship... just one fleeting scene. Most part Jacob acts like a second dad for her during the film's duration.

It's certainly not a bad ending to the series. They've gotten better as they go along, and it's enjoyable in places once you don't take it seriously.

Pt 2, it wasn't horrible but pretty much what was expected.

Pt 2, it wasn't horrible but pretty much what was expected.

Yeah. If you're a Twihard (either book/movie fan)... you'll love it. Everyone else will probably hate it... but I didn't. It fits the guilty pleasure column for me alongside Eclipse and Breaking Dawn: Part 1.

It's a win-win for fans and Lionsgate/Summit Entertainment.

Quite smart of them to deviate from the book. Its a win-win for fans and non-fans alike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"