Revenge of the Fallen The Twins: Racist?

I didn't say he was a great person; I don't know the guy. If you can show me how an alleged affair with his granddaughter is related to this notion of his career being completely manipulated by whites in Hollywood, then I will consider it relevant.

It isn't I just needed to vent, sorry:csad:

Somebody is gonna bust out with massive spoilers in here at some point as well, so I would suggest just avoiding this thread until tomorrow.

Whut. The. Frrrruck?!?!?!!

EDIT

There was supposed to be quote in here about Morgan Freeman boning his 17 year old granddaughter.

So i repeat...

WHAT?!?!?WHEN??!?!

Last edited:
You know what, i'll pretend i never read that post about the greatest actor of all time MORGAN FRIGGIN FREEMAN AND HIS GRANDAUGHTER ARRRRRGGGHHHH GET IT OUTTA MY HEAD...

...is this some ******** tabloid rumour by any chance?

Whatever.

People can defend this **** all they want. Having seen the movie, they are terrible.

The problem is, that the Twins don't really DO anything. They do their black stereotypical **** and never anything else. The human characters rarely if ever acknowledge their presence or interact with them. And they just sort of disappear in and out of the plot.

If Bay wants to put in some fun characters for the kids that's fine. But it could have something to do with the actual story. Look at MOE in WallE. Not to mention he already stuffs the Wheelie and Doctor characters in here that serve similar purposes, and Wheelie is more or less a plot device that gets jettisoned in the third act.

Interesting...

Did you hear anyone say anything about the twins when everyone was leaving the theater?

Honestly - not that I could tell. I was not there with any black friends, so I'll have to get their opinions later. I'd probably say that most viewers would just forget about it when they left the theater and not give it a second thought. But right at the moment the Twins delivered the "reading" line, there was definitely some questioning reactions from certain black audience members sitting around me. Not a lot, mind you, but some.

And to the question of "Is Bay racist?", I would say probably not. He's just a clueless middle-aged Hollywood rich white man trying to reconnect with the youthful black audience he had back when he did "Bad Boys". He just took it too far and made the mistake of not balancing the Twins with some less-sterotypical character traits.

Who's defending ANYTHING? We know what these movies are. We all know they arent great movies...poor stories, silly characters....but we dont care. THEY ARE FUN to us. Thats why we love them. We want to see **** blow up, and giant robots fighting for 2 hours, and that is it. If we wanted good stories, and good characters...we'd go elsewhere.

Honestly - not that I could tell. I was not there with any black friends, so I'll have to get their opinions later. I'd probably say that most viewers would just forget about it when they left the theater and not give it a second thought. But right at the moment the Twins delivered the "reading" line, there was definitely some questioning reactions from certain black audience members sitting around me. Not a lot, mind you, but some.

And to the question of "Is Bay racist?", I would say probably not. He's just a clueless middle-aged Hollywood rich white man trying to reconnect with the youthful black audience he had back when he did "Bad Boys". He just took it too far and made the mistake of not balancing the Twins with some less-sterotypical character traits.

Considering that pretty much all young people love Bad Boys 1 and 2, he isnt clueless at all.

Who's defending ANYTHING? We know what these movies are. We all know they arent great movies...poor stories, silly characters....but we dont care. THEY ARE FUN to us. Thats why we love them. We want to see **** blow up, and giant robots fighting for 2 hours, and that is it. If we wanted good stories, and good characters...we'd go elsewhere.
The problem is that Bay can't even do a good job with that anymore.

Have you actually seen the movie?

I love guns boobs and monsters. I loved Star Trek. I even enjoy The Rock when ever it comes on TV. But this movie is simply revolting. Its like all the worst parts of PHANTOM MENACE, SPIDER-MAN 3, and PIRATES 3 all put together.

I'll see it tonight. But I was talking about the first movie. It seems only G1 fans hate it. So...since I'm not in ANY way a G1 fan....well.

Whatever.

People can defend this **** all they want. Having seen the movie, they are terrible.

The problem is, that the Twins don't really DO anything. They do their black stereotypical **** and never anything else. The human characters rarely if ever acknowledge their presence or interact with them. And they just sort of disappear in and out of the plot.

If Bay wants to put in some fun characters for the kids that's fine. But it could have something to do with the actual story. Look at MOE in WallE. Not to mention he already stuffs the Wheelie and Doctor characters in here that serve similar purposes, and Wheelie is more or less a plot device that gets jettisoned in the third act.

Having seen the movie myself also, I didnt find them terrible, or racist, and they get their hero moment against Devastator. Not to mention they inadvertently find the tomb of the Prime's. They hardly did nothing.

No, my friend, you are the idiot. If you can't see how the characterization (characterization?!?! In a Bay film?!?!) of these two ******s was racist, then i have no hope for you in life.

The Twins actually made my jaw drop a few times throughout the film. Somebody who was part of the production, somewhere down the line, must have seen these guys and told Bay they were the worst things they'ld ever seen. Someone MUST have.

And Bay just threw them in anyway.

:whatever: So only black people speak Ghetto? hmmmmmmmmm that's strange so speaking the ghetto is a black thing? Boy oh boy black people should make up their mind, ghetto is either a black only thing or its not. This whole thing just seems to me that its yet another thing black people and PC noobs want to complain about ****ing idiots.

:whatever: So only black people speak Ghetto? hmmmmmmmmm that's strange so speaking the ghetto is a black thing? Boy oh boy black people should make up their mind, ghetto is either a black only thing or its not. This whole thing just seems to me that its yet another thing black people and PC noobs want to complain about ****ing idiots.

Doesnt Eminem speak like the twins in ALL of his songs? Is he racist then?

Yeah, the spoilers are starting to fly. Time for me to go.

Yes he does good sir blimey he must be racist you know since ze ghetto is exclusive to black people ya feel homey?

You know how they say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery?

Well it isn't. Not always.

You ever see a racist white guy do an imitation of a black person? The imitation is filled with with ignorant ghetto speak and foolishness to mock blacks. If the twins also do this it would not be a stretch to consider it racist.

This imitation is the interpretation of what blacks are supposedly like. And in this case that happens to be buffoons who speak ghetto speak.

Jazz and Blaster were soulful characters. They weren't buffoons and clowns that expressed the worst black culture had to offer and if they had bragged about not reading it would be just as offensive then as it is now.

What if the Transformers with Asian personalities had buck teeth, pronounced their "L"s and "V"s like "R"s and bragged that they "don't do much driving". How could these ugly stereotypes be defended. It's obviously racist if the stereotypes mock a race the way the twins do.

Eminem doesn't speak like the twins. You can't tell the difference?

Eminem doesn't speak bad English, he speaks with an accent. The way the twins speak is filled with mockery like the way a person would speak if he or she were mocking blacks.

Like I said, Jazz and Blaster sounded like black men without appearing to be buffoons.

There's a glaring difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"