Revenge of the Fallen The Twins: Racist?

On nothing? I'm in high school (turn down your flamdars), a good percentage of kids love the Bad Boy movies. So.....

And a "good percentage" of them think they're stupid too. I'm not in high school anymore (thank god), but trust me, not everyone your age loves those kinds of movies.

MessiahDecoy123 said:
Like I said, Jazz and Blaster sounded like black men without appearing to be buffoons.

Truth.

Darius McCrary's portrayal of Jazz was more like a headstrong "black dude"...he had his urban tendencies, but he wasn't an idiot. You can use slang and still come off as intelligent.

Darius McCrary's portrayal of Jazz was more like a headstrong "black dude"...he had his urban tendencies, but he wasn't an idiot. You can use slang and still come off as intelligent.

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with Jazz in the first TF movie (although I did roll my eyes when he called Sam and Mikaela "my little byotches"), overall he was OK - until he got killed, that is. The Twins however, have WAY too much screen time, and their slapstick buffoonery really gets old fast.

Great, Devin is beating the racism drum. And trying to push his "Jar Jar Twins" image of the Twins.

Why to people listen to that clown?

because he's a good writter / film critic... better then any other jackass film blogger out there... I rather have Devin be the internet movie voice then someone like Harry Knowles...

I do like Drew from AICN, also known as Moriaty

And a "good percentage" of them think they're stupid too. I'm not in high school anymore (thank god), but trust me, not everyone your age loves those kinds of movies.

Truth.

Trust you? A person not in high school? Vs a person In high school?

Of course not everyone loves these movies...but most of them do.

Most of them want to have fun. But no, having fun is "stupid". Take that damn TF avatar off too....:yay:

Is this discussion still going on? My final say in this is:
The Twins are 2 "slightly" dumb alien robot kids.
There are dumb kids in all races, white, black, asian... you name the race and they're there, and whats worse, theres more of them every day that goes by.
If you doubt me, tune on a channel like MTV (I don't know what the M stands for since music is the least they have in their schedulle). It's all about being "cool", looking badass, talking street lingo, pimpin' rides and all sorts of stuff that have most kids turning into dumb kids.
Ask them anything basic like who was the first man to step foot on the moon, or who was the first president of the USA, or who was Rosa Parks.
Most of them will seem to be an impression of the Twins.
But ask them how many rooms 50'Cent crib has or who is Paris Hilton's current boyfriend and they'll be on top of it.
So if you're looking for any group that should be offended by the portraial of Skids and Mudflap, then that's dumb kids. Fortunately, a) they're too dumb to notice, and b)these are dumb alien robot kids were talking about, so the point is moot.

Besides, they had a sticker saying "Decepticons, suck my popsicle", how can any one be mad at that?

Chill people, it's just a movie.

When I heard Jazz in the first movie, I did not even realize that was a black actor speaking. I saw a silver robot that transforms into a silver Pontiac Solstice.

When I heard the twins speak, I saw a red and green car that transform and speak, I did not associate them with black people. I just figured they are dumb immature robots that speak like kids, any kids of any race that are exposed to things they see and hear on radio and TV?

I think people are seeeing what they like to see, what they are exposed to, so if you are seeing black people when you see these characters, maybe you need to get over your own prejudice? Maybe you need to stop hearing and seeing colors?

By the way this is a movie about transforming robots that blow crap up, they learned how to speak by browsing the internet and watching TV. It sucks that some people, can't see past their own prejudice to just enjoy the movie for what it's for: FUN.

I don't mind debate, however some of the responses and examples that this was compared to, were utterly dumb.

AICN has now coined the phrase "Stephin Fetchbots" for the two. I think it's becoming a little too much of a coincidence now if so many reviewers are commenting on it.

Or critics of the internet fatass kind like to use hyperbole's? We'll see tonight.

If a lot of these reviewers are picking up the same thing out of the twins, then wouldn't the label of racist go to those reviewers and not the movie itself? They are seeing black stereotypes when they see these two, isn't that their fault and not the films?

We get whatever message we choose to see out of films.

If a lot of these reviewers are picking up the same thing out of the twins, then wouldn't the label of racist go to those reviewers and not the movie itself? They are seeing black stereotypes when they see these two, isn't that their fault and not the films?

We get whatever message we choose to see out of films.

Wow. Just wow.:csad:

LOL, the defenses against this **** are hilarious. The people defending this **** probably haven't seen the movie.

And the people attacking the movie HATED it before it even came out. So.... goes the internet.

LOL, those Amos 'n Andy shows weren't racist, that's just the way YOU perceived them. :oldrazz:

Honestly, when a bunch of 20-40 year old white guys, who are probably the main group that despise anything politically correct, say somethig is racist, you KNOW it's racist.

Last edited:
Please don't take my posts to mean a "defense" to anything.

I dont gain or lose anything, whether you go and see the movie or whether you choose to recommend or not recommend the film to anyone, doesn't really affect me.

I guess what I am trying to point out is that I don't see racism in these two characters, maybe others do and that is their issue to deal with.

I think it's sad that we are discussing this in a movie called Transformers.

Celtic Predator, be quiet. All I knew about Twins before was that one clip of the trailers of, "We don't really read much." Just bits and pieces of them.

I didn't really know about this twins/racist thing until after I got out of the movie. Now let me be clear I didn't find the characters to be flagrantly offensive. They just sucked and added absolutely nothing to the movie, and yes the characters are nothing more than black stereotype caricatures. That's it.

Did someone just mention Amos and Andy? A show from the 1920s? to show that two characters from a movie in 2009 are racist?

I am pretty sure that things from way back had more "racist" influence that two robot characters that speak like tards and sound like gremlins.

If you took these two twins in TFs to be racist that is your issue and no one will take that from you, but please understand that as much as you have a right to see racist in these characters, I reserve the right to not want to spoil a film by injecting my own prejudiced view into characters.

Nope. You need to stop saying people are automatically hating this ****. Maybe people just don't like it because they think its bad.

Did you see the movie? I saw the movie. The Twins are horrible, inconsequential characters.

Nope. You need to stop saying people are automatically hating this ****. Maybe people just don't like it because they think its bad.

Did you see the movie? I saw the movie. The Twins are horrible, inconsequential characters.

Trust you? A person not in high school? Vs a person In high school?

Of course not everyone loves these movies...but most of them do.

LOL -- Bad Boys came out in 1995. Were you in high school then?
Fact: there are a lot of HS kids who didn't like Bad Boys then and don't think it's teh kewl now either. Maybe you just don't know any of them and need to widen your horizons a little bit. :cwink:

Take that damn TF avatar off too....:yay:

Actually, I thought Ravage was very cool in the movie. I didn't hate everything about it you know, I did give it a 5/10.

YOU and that Luca fella were bashing it before you saw it. So dont tell me that you guys werent doing that. Seriously.
LOL -- Bad Boys came out in 1995. Were you in high school then?
Fact: there are a lot of HS kids who didn't like Bad Boys then and don't think it's teh kewl now either. Maybe you just don't know any of them and need to widen your horizons a little bit. :cwink:

Actually, I thought Ravage was very cool in the movie. I didn't hate everything about it you know, I did give it a 5/10.

Kids dont watch older movies? Yes, a lot of them do in fact like Bad Boys...well part 2...atleast. Not all of course, but a lot.

And fine if you dont like the movie. The whole damn debate is getting heated so....I tend to jump on people who havent done anything. It doesnt bother me you didnt like it....but this whole "OMG I CANT BELIEVE PPL LEIK DIS SHET" is just ******ed.

I HATE Wolverine....but people like it. I can get why.....but I hate it.

^ Fair enough. I will agree that I can understand why there will be a lot of people who still like TF:ROTF despite all of its problems as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"