The Ultimate College Football Thread!!!!!!!!! OMG - - Part 2

This morning the CFP Committee has said f**k you to Florida State and awarded Alabama another national championship.
Heads need to roll.....is there anything more corrupt than those @$$oileys? I hope Michigan kicks the living S*** out of them because they don't belong in the playooffs..and.....I NEVER root for Michigan (left coast guy...)

I'm very happy as a Huskies fan that the Huskies defeated a favored Ducks team in a thrilling competitive Pac 12 Championship game.
The Huskies executed more great plays in the second half to win a competitive game.
Also, I enjoyed that experts and other people pickled the Ducks who were most likely disappointed since the Huskies defeated the Ducks in a competitive game.

And I’m STILL annoyed that those corrupt bas….s had 2 teams leapfrog Fl State after they beat a top 20 team. They are more interested in the ratings than they are records. You’re in one of the power conferences, you go undefeated, and get left out of the national championship because we have to have Alabama in the playoffs. What a bunch of BS and I don’t even like Florida State.

Myself and some family are toying around with going down to the Orange bowl, but some of us are wondering if Florida State is even going to show up, there are rumors of a boycott

Myself and some family are toying around with going down to the Orange bowl, but some of us are wondering if Florida State is even going to show up, there are rumors of a boycott
I wouldn't blame them, but that's a lot of bank to leave on the table. Some TV exec would prolly have a heart attack and I'll bet the NCAA would implement some major sanctions.

Georgia losing really messed up things for the CFP committee. Absolutely believe FSU would have been if UGA would have won and with it being the last year of the PAC12 would have had the Rose Bowl matchup they really wanted in Wash vs Mich. Instead even thought of leaving a SEC team out caused them to make the wrong choice. You can't justify Bama being in over UT since they lost Texas earlier at home by double digits so that leaves FSU/injury excuse. Feel terrible for their players & coaches.

Georgia losing really messed up things for the CFP committee. Absolutely believe FSU would have been if UGA would have won and with it being the last year of the PAC12 would have had the Rose Bowl matchup they really wanted in Wash vs Mich. Instead even thought of leaving a SEC team out caused them to make the wrong choice. You can't justify Bama being in over UT since they lost Texas earlier at home by double digits so that leaves FSU/injury excuse. Feel terrible for their players & coaches.
My heart goes out to them. LOL

In any case, this is the time of the year when college football is about as interesting as a leaky faucet. For the next few weeks, the outrage over the FL State snub is more interesting than the games tomorrow. :funny:

I need GR87 to come in here and tell us how it is not surprising that Army defeated Navy in a close thriller that Army won because they scored more points than Navy.

I need GR87 to come in here and tell us how it is not surprising that Army defeated Navy in a close thriller that Army won because they scored more points than Navy.
It was an entertaining, thrilling game and they won because Navy turned the ball over when they shouldn't have and stopped Navy on a crucial down.

On to the Famous Toastery Bowl!!!!! (for you disbelievers, that's a real thing) Can't wait for that one.

I’d have to say I am most excited for the Pop-Tarts bowl…which for the record, has gone through numerous names over the last 30 years

• Sunshine Classic (1990)
  • Blockbuster Bowl (1990–1993)
  • Carquest Bowl (1994–1997)
  • MicronPC Bowl (1998)
  • MicronPC.com Bowl (1999–2000)
  • Visit Florida Tangerine Bowl (2001)
  • Mazda Tangerine Bowl (2002–2003)
  • Champs Sports Bowl (2004–2011)
  • Russell Athletic Bowl (2012–2016)
  • Camping World Bowl (2017–2019)
  • Cheez-It Bowl (2020–2022)

I’d have to say I am most excited for the Pop-Tarts bowl…which for the record, has gone through numerous names over the last 30 years

• Sunshine Classic (1990)
  • Blockbuster Bowl (1990–1993)
  • Carquest Bowl (1994–1997)
  • MicronPC Bowl (1998)
  • MicronPC.com Bowl (1999–2000)
  • Visit Florida Tangerine Bowl (2001)
  • Mazda Tangerine Bowl (2002–2003)
  • Champs Sports Bowl (2004–2011)
  • Russell Athletic Bowl (2012–2016)
  • Camping World Bowl (2017–2019)
  • Cheez-It Bowl (2020–2022)
Wullllllll......I want to see the Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Bowl

According to a Google search Florida State having a struggling offense is why they didn't make the 4 team playoff even though they remain undefeated. That is a strong factual reason why an undefeated Florida State team didn't make the 4 team Playoffs.
It's a longshot that Florida State with a second-string QB that doesn't have much experience for starts would be able to lead Florida State to an upset win vs Michigan, Washington, or Texas all of which don't have a struggling offense.

Alabama has had a prosperous offense that has been consistent after they began to use MIlroe's strengths, and Alabama did upset Georgia in an entertaining high-scoring game.

According to a Google search Florida State having a struggling offense is why they didn't make the 4 team playoff even though they remain undefeated. That is a strong factual reason why an undefeated Florida State team didn't make the 4 team Playoffs.
It's a longshot that Florida State with a second-string QB that doesn't have much experience for starts would be able to lead Florida State to an upset win vs Michigan, Washington, or Texas all of which don't have a struggling offense.

Alabama has had a prosperous offense that has been consistent after they began to use MIlroe's strengths, and Alabama did upset Georgia in an entertaining high-scoring game.
OK. We agree to disagree. Florida St didn't deserve to be jumped by two teams after beating a 16 ranked team. Texas beat a 22 ranked team (though more impressively). If GA beats Bama, Texas gets left out. The ONLY reason Texas jumped FL St is because Alabama beat GA. That had nothing to do with FL St and Texas. It had to do with TV ratings, making sure an SEC team was in the playoffs, and "entertainment" value......it had nothing to do with who deserved to be in the tournament.

I was very surprised Army defeated Navy in a competitive game mainly because Army prospered stopping Navy 4 times from scoring a game-winning touchdown.
Army found a way to achieve greatness during adversity instead of choking.

I see I'll be working on New Years Day, however since I work at Texas Roadhosue I'll still be able to see portions of the Texas-Washington playoff game.
Texas does have a strong defensive line, however, the Texas secondary is vulnerable to passing so realistically Washington does have a realistic chance of winning since Penix could have a great game throwing if the Washington O-Line has great blocking for this Playoff game.

Years ago, stadiums got away from being multipurpose, meaning NFL and MLB teams do not share the place.

Last night I’m watching the holiday bowl, a football game, being played in a baseball park :huh:

Years ago, stadiums got away from being multipurpose, meaning NFL and MLB teams do not share the place.

Last night I’m watching the holiday bowl, a football game, being played in a baseball park :huh:
Yeah......it generally sort screws it up for both sports, but it's cheap.........er. :funny:

Speaking of unusual things, interesting that Memphis is in the liberty bowl, which ironically is their home stadium

Never, EVER get tired of seeing Ohio State lose. :woo:

The Big 10....the conference that can't count.

I swear fo god......Penn St loses to just about every first rate team they face.

I started watching the Orange Bowl, but decided that the "Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl" was a better game. The announcers, however, are a completely different thing. These guys sound like they've been on their barstools since last week and shouldn't be announcing a High School game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"