The Ultimate College Football Thread!!!!!!!!! OMG - - Part 2

My sources say Florida State considered opting out of the second half.

My sources say Oregon might run up 70 points on Liberty…..before halftime.

31 points so far, they were about halfway right :funny:

I'm notorious for being wrong about who is going to win mid-game, but Michigan is SO much better than Alabama. If not for that turnover, Alabama isn't really a factor in this game.

Something stupid is gonna happen in the fourth quarter for one of them to pull away

And Washington too! GR87 is going to be higher than Mt Everest

My Wolverines going to the Ship! :loving:
They should beat Washington (though I'll do my best Rebecca Pidgeon imitation from the movie State and Main...."Go you Huskies"). I just don't see a team out there that plays as well as the Wolves on both sides of the ball. I think Harbaugh leaves after this season and probably goes to Chicago.

Both Semi-Final playoff games were competitive entertaining games for the first time in the 4 team Playoffs.
Michigan scored a touchdown late in the 4th Quarter to force overtime, and the Michigan defense did prevent Alabama from scoring a touchdown in overtime.
A huge surprise is Alabama hasn't won a National Title for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time in the Saban era.

As a Huskies fan I'm thrilled the Huskies defeated a favored Longhorns team. It was challenging to watch the last drive since the Longhorns did move the football in the red zone so they had a realistic chance of scoring a touchdown, and making an extra point to win the game is mostly achievable.
I was very relieved the Huskies' defense defended four times.

Why this game is on Sunday during NFL games is stupid-crazy.

1704523619862.png

I predict the Huskies defeat the Wolverines in an amazing competitive National Championship game.

How the Huskies defeat the Wolverines are the Huskies score first. It's more likely to be a shootout which favors the Huskies if the Huskies score first. The Huskies have shown the ability to win shootouts, and the Huskies have a stacked offensive arsenal for Penix to throw to.

The Huskies defense needs to keep Michigan from having a great game running the football. Michigan would be able to use up clock if they prosper greatly running the football, also that would reduce the possessions that the Huskies offense has.

Penix has a great game throwing which very likely happens if the Huskies offensive line succeeds with great blocking.

I predict the Huskies defeat the Wolverines in an amazing competitive National Championship game.

How the Huskies defeat the Wolverines are the Huskies score first. It's more likely to be a shootout which favors the Huskies if the Huskies score first. The Huskies have shown the ability to win shootouts, and the Huskies have a stacked offensive arsenal for Penix to throw to.

The Huskies defense needs to keep Michigan from having a great game running the football. Michigan would be able to use up clock if they prosper greatly running the football, also that would reduce the possessions that the Huskies offense has.

Penix has a great game throwing which very likely happens if the Huskies offensive line succeeds with great blocking.
As someone from the left coast, I hope you're right, but I just don't see it. It's true that the Penix/Odunze combo is lethal, but I don't think the Huskies have seen a team that plays like Michigan does on both sides of the ball. I think Michigan eventually wears down the Huskies defense. That Michigan O line (even without their best lineman - Zinter) is just relentless. On the defensive side of the ball, they get a lot of pressure. If Penix is going to be successful, I think it'll be because he's able to get outside the pocket. The key for Michigan, IMO, is to stay disciplined and not give him room to escape. He's very mobile and throws well on the run. I just see the Wolves as the more physical team and I think it's going to pay off in the 2nd half.

I've clearly been wrong before and hope this is one of those times.....

Whoever wins, will join a select group of programs that have had a 15–0 season;

Georgia, Clemson, LSU

In preparation for tonight‘s title game, I would like to announce that Molly McGrath is cute as a button

IMG_6541.jpeg

I'm notorious for being wrong about who is going to win mid-game, but Michigan is SO much better than Alabama Washington. If not for a that turnover, Alabama stupid coaching decision, Washington isn't really a factor in this game.

I don't generally quote myself, BUT

EDIT: Game over.....neither team played their best game tonight. The Wolves O line didn't do as well as I thought they would, although they broke off some big runs, and the Huskies passing game, other than a couple of plays, didn't look that great. I rather chalk it up to Michigan's D, but Penix missed on some chances.

Oh well.......on to the NFL playoffs.

Last edited:
I see I was proven very wrong about the Huskies defeating the Wolverines in an amazing competitive championship game which is very unsurprising since the Wolverine's offense for rushing was a juggernaut since they easily ran for 2 touchdowns in the 1st half and they rushed for more than 198 yards, also the Wolverines scored first so the Wolverines made it less likely the game would be a shootout since the Huskies needed a challenging comeback.
Also, Penix did have a great game throwing except that was fruitless because the Wolverine's defense was able to pressure him, and the Wolverine's defense created 2 turnovers which they benefited from by scoring 10 points.

While the Huskies did make it a dramatic close game when they scored a critical touchdown in the 1st half except that was futile because they couldn't get the game tied, couldn't only score 1 touchdown, and any realistic chance of the Huskies coming back ended when the second interception happened since the Wolverines had a long return.

Congratulations to the Wolverines who had a great performance to outplay the Huskies in the National Championship Game.

While I'm very happy the Huskies got to the National Championship game so it's a great it's a great season for that reason. Although, it is a great season which is hugely bittersweet because of seeing all the glaring flaws for why exactly the Huskies lost to the Wolverines in the National Championship game.

Business Is Done!! The Michigan Football Team are College Football Champions!! Who’s got it better? Nobody!!!! #michiganwolverines #collegefootballchampion #15-0

A5E90688-12A3-4D77-8A1F-5AC499EFD936.jpeg

11C8588B-832E-48DF-B13A-DDB83767122A.jpeg

What do people think the odds are the Jim Harbaugh stays at Michigan. Personally, I don't think they're very good. After winning a national championship, I think he goes to the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"