The Ultimate Jossverse Thread

I liked season 5 more for Angel tie-ins, since that's the season with the tie-in where Angel beats the living hell out of Riley. :p The Super-Slayer should've been the first idea on Buffy's mind after meeting the Ubervamp champion and Caleb, though. I can't understand why she didn't try that instead of just helplessly flailing against Caleb for like 4 episodes.

Odin's Lapdog said:
sorry to jump in here, but one thing always bugged me about buffy...

the super slayer idea they used to defeat adam was never called upon again...

The first thing i would have done after a confrontation with glory would be to get that super slayer out before i even had time to crap my pants. The use of that being would have solved so many problems and maybe made season baddies even more tougher than they would have been before...

i would have liked to see that idea used more...

buffy turning that bullet into doves is one of the scenes that stands out for me...

everyone complains about series four, but i kinda like it:o

especially if you consider all the tie ins with the first series of angel, which ****ing rules btw..

It might not have been logical, but it would have been incredibly boring if every time someone confronted them, they just turned her into a super slayer.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I liked season 5 more for Angel tie-ins, since that's the season with the tie-in where Angel beats the living hell out of Riley. :p The Super-Slayer should've been the first idea on Buffy's mind after meeting the Ubervamp champion and Caleb, though. I can't understand why she didn't try that instead of just helplessly flailing against Caleb for like 4 episodes.
i always thought that happened in the fourth series of buffy, ya learn something new everyday (it's been a while since i've watched those earlier series)

super slayer should always be an option, to use it once and never again is such a waste, plus it ties in xanders character as being actually more useful than he is...

JLBats said:
It might not have been logical, but it would have been incredibly boring if every time someone confronted them, they just turned her into a super slayer.
well it may not have always worked. she could have still been taken out or found it difficult to win in certain situations, like against caleb or glory

it would have also been used to emphasise how hardcore the villains were...

in my mind, no one series ending baddie is tougher than adam, cause buffy has not resorted to using that super slayer idea yet....

which is a shame.

Odin's Lapdog said:
i always thought that happened in the fourth series of buffy, ya learn something new everyday (it's been a while since i've watched those earlier series)

It was the fourth series coz Riley was on the run from the initiative when it happened. He intercepted a call for backup when Angel was taking out some of the initiative so Riley decided to go help

EDIT:

Infact the only appearence of Angel in series 5 was at Buffys mums funeral coz thats when the shows were getting ready to go on new networks. I mean after they switched it took ages for them to let characters appear on the other show.
Willow appeared at the end of season 2 of Angel to tell them Buffy was dead, by season 3 (new network now) they couldnt even say Buffys name on Angel to show his reaction

i had a feeling it was series four...

but when you haven't watched it in a while and people say otherwise, you tend to agree with them...

thanks for clearing that up happenstance...

:up:

The UberBuffy plan wasnt exactly foolproof.If you remember the next episode,"Restless",the First Slayer showed up and started killing them in their dreams.Adam isnt tough in comparison to villains like Glory,and the Mayor in his pure demonic form.

PyroChamber said:
Does anyone think that any of the Scoobies knew, or were informed, about Cordelia's death?

I dont think its likely,but if Angel would have told anyone it'd be Willow.Its funny to think about when characters die on other shows.Like when Willow took Faith back to Sunnydale.By then Oz and Riley had left,Tara was murdered,and Joyce died of an aneurysm.I always wondered what the conversation between them on that trip was like.Especially considering Willow wasnt very fond of Faith.I imagine a lot of awkward silences.

Probably along the lines of:

"Soooooooooo, how was prison?....Glad you enjoyed it, oh yeah quite a few people have died or left from the show.....I mean Sunnydale Sunnydale! Cant think why I said show then" :p

Ok, here is the question that has been asked alot, but not in awhile. What does everyone think happen in the Alley in the final ep. of Angel?

Happenstance said:
Probably along the lines of:

"Soooooooooo, how was prison?....Glad you enjoyed it, oh yeah quite a few people have died or left from the show.....I mean Sunnydale Sunnydale! Cant think why I said show then" :p

Faith: So,hows the magic thing going?
Willow: Good...sorta.
Faith: And the love life?
Willow: My last girlfriend died,and I flayed a guy alive.Then I went evil and tried to end the world.
Faith: Oh.
Willow:....
Faith:......
Willow: How was prison?
Faith: enlightening.
Willow: Oh,well thats great.
Faith: Yeah,you'd be surprise how fighting off lezzies can you give you perspective.No offense.
Willow: None taken.
Faith: .....
Willow: ......

Doomed_hero said:
Ok, here is the question that has been asked alot, but not in awhile. What does everyone think happen in the Alley in the final ep. of Angel?

Id say they either went down fighting or if a spin off/Angel tv movie is made then whatever that says happened, happened

Wasn't there a comic about what happened, or are the minis that have come out since then prequels?

The minis dont address what happened.

Happenstance said:
Id say they either went down fighting or if a spin off/Angel tv movie is made then whatever that says happened, happened

Maybe it might be addressed in the Spike tv movie. Nothing has been signed yet, but Joss Whedon wants to do it and has talked with Tim Minear to write and direct it. James Marsters wants to do it as long as it's in the next couple of years (afterwards he thinks he's too old to play an unaging vampire). Meanwhile WB has expressed interest in doing it. So it seems like it's only a matter of time for the 4 parties to get together and work out a schedule and sign a deal.

Ive only read the second issue but I did read what the comics would be about when they came out. All i know is they are set after the finale and Angel (possibly spike) survived and are in Romania

I'd assume Illyria survived. Gunn died no doubt. He probably would have died anyway.

Yeah I always figured that Illyria would survive, I just dont think the comic mentioned that or if they did she simply wasnt transported to Romania aswell.

Its still such a shame that season 6 didnt happen because were gonna get Fred back

Happenstance said:
Yeah I always figured that Illyria would survive, I just dont think the comic mentioned that or if they did she simply wasnt transported to Romania aswell.

Its still such a shame that season 6 didnt happen because were gonna get Fred back

Now we have to live knowing Wesley and Fred are pretty much definately dead, Gunn will likely die... it's nuts.

I was really annoyed when Wes was killed off. I understood perfectly why it was done and I thought it made really good television. I just thought the character had made amazing progress throughout the shows and I would have liked to be able to at least think in my mind that he survives at the end.

I mean my fav ever scene in Angel was when shot his "father" without hesitation when he pointed the gun at Fred. I just found that amazingly good tv

Happenstance said:
I was really annoyed when Wes was killed off. I understood perfectly why it was done and I thought it made really good television. I just thought the character had made amazing progress throughout the shows and I would have liked to be able to at least think in my mind that he survives at the end.

I mean my fav ever scene in Angel was when shot his "father" without hesitation when he pointed the gun at Fred. I just found that amazingly good tv

Completely agree.

Somehow, in my head I still pretend he survived. Like... the knife he was stabbed with was a magical knife that absorbed his essence! He can come back. Or some cops heard the fight, came in, found Wesley basically dead, but managed to revive him. Then, Wes called for help from old friends or something and saved the rest of the group.

I was upset when Wes died, but after thinking it over for a while, I realized that it was pretty much necessary for the character arc that had been set up for him. They completed his character arc from season 3 to season 5 and, after his story was done, he died. Wesley is "the other guy." He's not the hero. He doesn't live happily ever after. He doesn't get the happy ending. His life was a storm of pain and confusion that he tried to make the best of and his death was basically the same: taken out suddenly and painfully in the midst of a fight to ultimately save all of humanity. I say kudos to the Angel crew for having the balls to follow through on Wesley's story and give it its proper ending.

I too disliked the idea of Wes dying.I was a latecomer on the Angel-fan bandwagon,so when I started watching regularly I found it incredibly difficult to buy into the "new" Wes.I still remember the dorky,watcher from season 3 of Buffy.There were a few times I even laughed watching Wes give orders,and being taken seriously.Eventually I caught up on the Angel eps.,and I found Wes character arc very compelling.Alexis Denisov is a fine actor.I especially liked him in the season 3 ep.,I forget the title,but it was the one before Wes kidnaps Connor.

Ah,well he's dead now.I think his death very well done,and much as I hated to see it.

I felt Death wish, as already stated, was a perfect end to his character. Now Wes was my fav, but since Season 3 he has not truely been happy. The only time he was is when him and Fred where together. Wes was always faded to go out figting and fight the good fight. He went from a man bound by the rules of the council, to a ,amn who left those chains and found out how life can really be outside stories of evil. Yet threw all the loss, the greater good is what must be fought for. That stuck with him till the end. Its why he followed Angel, even if it meant his father dissaproving, why he stole Conner, cause he thought he was helping the child, and why in the end he did his best to put a dink in the armor of evil. Wes on the show to me was the character that was most like us. His arc, like Angel said, life may screw you over and throw obsticles in your way, but never stop fighting for what you belive in.

Wow that turn out longer then I thought. Guess we know who my fav, Whedonverse character is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"