The Ultimate Question: THE NAKED GUN VS AIRPLANE!

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
It is the ultimate moral conundrum. Which ZAZ spoof is superior? Both are easily contenders for the greatest comedy of all time...but which takes the title?

The_Naked_Gun.jpg

vs

airplane.jpg

Now you're probably thinking: "Surely you can't be serious to ask us a question this difficult!"...Well I am serious...and don't call me Shirley! Now answer!

It all depends on your view of OJ Simpson. If you hate him with your entire being, then Airplane! is the better film. If you hate him with your entire being, but don't mind laughing at him getting injured in various ways, the answer is Naked Gun.

"Nervous?"
"Yes.?"
"First time?"
"No, I've been nervous lots of times."

:up:

Airplane! is better. But my head almost exploded from making the decision.

No love for The Naked Gun :(

I love the Naked Gun. I just think Airplane! is even better.

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.
Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.
Young Boy with Coffee: Cream?
Little Girl: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

Randy: Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy: Oh, good.
Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady: Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

I would say The Naked Gun. I love Airplane too but Leslie Nielsen is just too funny.

Jane: I've heard police work is dangerous.
Frank: It is. That's why I carry a big gun.
Jane: Aren't you afraid it might go off accidentally?
Frank: I used to have that problem.
Jane: What did you do about it?
Frank: I just think about baseball.

--------------------------------------------------------

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Jane: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ed: Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50 - 50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

Has to be Naked Gun for me, no matter how many times I watch it I still laugh. Must admit I haven't seen Airplane! for some time.

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

I don't remember seeing Airplane! in it's entirety. Naked Gun and it's sequel were hilarious though.

God dammit, I meant to vote for Airplane, but I accidentally hit "I haven't seen either".

I thought the part in Naked Gun where Frank was searching that go and going through Ed's pockets instead. He says "This guy has a picture of your wife, Ed!"
Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"