The unAUTHENTIC DC Boards Lounge version 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moon Knight has a back-story... Bendis just doesn't give a s***...

**** Rocko's Modern Life. That cartoon is garbage. Yeah, I said it.

Speaking of Ricky Gervais from the previous thread. It was funny when he made dwarf actor Warwick Davis sit on Karl Pilkingtons lap. Karl freaked out and said it was like twin peaks.

I have to say, whenever anyone brings up Twin Peaks for that kind of situation, it just shows they have run out of jokes, and are desperately trying to get some mileage out of old tired gags.

Are you not a fan of Ricky Gervais then

The Office was great, Extras was not as good, still pretty good though, but I don't think much of his stand up comedy.

He didn't have any experience of stand up really, just happened to get into the 11 o clock show, doing stand up bits, which I thought were terrible, so I was really surprised when I saw the Office, and how good the show was.
I saw a couple of his big stand up gigs on channel 4 after that, just not very good, but not many stand up comedians are.
He's better off co- writing with Merchant and acting in his own shows, I never saw his movie though 'The Invention of Lying', it didn't look that great from the trailers, but y'know, I might've liked it, I'll catch it on tv at some point.

The Invention of Lying was okay not the funniest film I've ever seen though. Probably better to get it on dvd rather than seeing it at the cinema :up:

Yeah, b/c Moon Knight is boring as fuuuuuuuh

Moon Knight getting no love

**** Rocko's Modern Life. That cartoon is garbage. Yeah, I said it.

zk30c7.jpg

Yeah I don't rate Rocko very highly. Sometimes it was just plain boring.

I don't find Ricky Gervais funny in his TV shows and movies but I do find his stand up stuff and anything he does with Karl Pinkleton hilarious.

The thing about Ricky Gervais is, I think he's funny but he's never the funniest part of his tv shows.

Kevin Smith in a recent interview in which Green Lantern is talked about
I'm one of the biggest comic book fan freaks on the planet. There's a Green Lantern movie that came out this summer. I'm not the world's biggest Green Lantern fan, but, what the f***? You have to respect any Green Lantern movie. Even if it's Ryan Reynolds. And I didn't f****** go see it.

I loved how when you mentioned Green Lantern you said, "Even if it's Ryan Reynolds." Which says something, but says nothing at the same time.
You know what I'm talking about. Again, I'm not the world's biggest Green Lantern fan, so I aint got b*****' rights. But you wait your whole life for a Green Lantern movie and, like, it's Ryan Reynolds? You're like, "Oh, man." It better be genius.

:funny:

I don't find Ricky Gervais funny in his TV shows and movies but I do find his stand up stuff and anything he does with Karl Pinkleton hilarious.

You didn't even find him funny in the Office?

I caught a couple of eps of the cartoonised versions of the podcasts with KP, they were alright, I did find it a bit annoying that they would interrupt him sometimes though, when they asked him what he thought about superheroes, old Karl was starting to get into a good roll on how superhero's lives must be really difficult and depressing, lol, and they talked right over him just as he was getting into it, I mean, if you are going to ask the guy a question, and he is coming up with an interesting answer, don't interrupt him with crappy teasing.
I mean, y'know, both of them were interrupting him there.

and I wasn't that convinced by Stephen Merchant's comedic acting in Extras, I thought he maybe should've stayed in the writer's room. I haven't seen it since it first aired, i still have a couple of eps on tape i think, but i distinctly remember thinking that.

Last edited:
I love Ricky in the Podcast cartoon on HBO. Maybe it's a collection of Stephen, Ricky and Karl that I love... But still, that show rules.

His idea for a movie made me :lmao:

I really hope Patrick Stewart is a bit like that in real life

thebumwhowalks said:
I caught a couple of eps of the cartoonised versions of the podcasts with KP, they were alright, I did find it a bit annoying that they would interrupt him sometimes though, when they asked him what he thought about superheroes, old Karl was starting to get into a good roll on how superhero's lives must be really difficult and depressing, lol, and they talked right over him just as he was getting into it, I mean, if you are going to ask the guy a question, and he is coming up with an interesting answer, don't interrupt him with crappy teasing.
I mean, y'know, both of them were interrupting him there.

I've not really been able to get into that series from what I've seen of it

I love Ricky in the Podcast cartoon on HBO. Maybe it's a collection of Stephen, Ricky and Karl that I love... But still, that show rules.

But see, it's funny because of Karl, without Karl it's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"