The unAUTHENTIC DC Boards Lounge version 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to hate you. You're like an endless supply of Haterade for the masses. :argh:

Hug and make up you two :ninja:

For me, Halloween is an excuse to put on a silly costume without people thinking I'm completely off my rocker. I don't need an excuse to drink. :o

:up:

I've had a super fun night of partying in costume

And now I'm going to curl up in bed and watch cheesy 80's horror movies

BlackLantern said:
just gave "the man" 19.99 plus tax for Captain America on Blu Ray and some more $$$ for Batman Arkham City

Nothing wrong with that

Anyone who doesn't pay to see Captain America is a Nazi :o

[BLACKOUT]The League of Assassins or maybe Talia herself. That's how Harley lost the cure.[/BLACKOUT]

What I don't get is
[BLACKOUT]The Joker's ploy about already being cured. Was that just a move to rally the troops? Did Hugo Strange offer him a means to the cure? If anything it feels kind of like a loose plot thread which wasn't really fleshed out. I made for awesome story but not enough substance.[/BLACKOUT]
Just finished New Game+ and, after paying better attention to the plot this time around, I know the answer to your question (and to Black O'Lantern's question about [blackout]who tied Harley up[/blackout], coincidentally):
Harley steals the cure from the safe while you're busy fighting Mr. Freeze, and then Talia steals it back from Harley before she can get it to the Joker, leaving her tied up in the steel mill's boiler room. Presumably, when the Joker realized the cure wasn't forthcoming, he contacted Clayface and offered him "the role of a lifetime" to impersonate a healthy Joker in order to manipulate Bats and/or Talia into revealing where more of the cure is, since Batman still needed to be cured as well. Once that fell apart, he decided to just off Talia for kicks, watch Clayface murderize Batman, and then presumably get the cure from Clayface and drink it. But when Batman beats Clayface, the Joker goes even crazier than usual in his desperation and tries to physically steal the cure from Batman, inadvertently causing Batman to drop and spill the cure. Poetic justice and all that.

so, am i the only person kinda disappointed in arkham city's story?

It did seem a little random at times. [blackout]The sheer amount of major villain deaths in the climax reeked of the devs' trying too hard. Strange was working for Ra's! Ra's killed Strange! Ra's killed himself! Talia killed the Joker! No, not the Joker, Clayface! The Joker killed Talia! The Joker killed himself![/blackout] Yeesh.

indeed. crazyness.

maybe for the next one they can set in a non dilapidated gotham :)
does anyone know if robin or nightwing can be used on the main map or not?

They can't. Challenge maps only. [blackout]Although Robin does have a cameo in the main game.[/blackout]

They can't. Challenge maps only. [blackout]Although Robin does have a cameo in the main game.[/blackout]
yeah, i found that, also ran into another guy, i guess finding him is a sidequest, gotta do that now. riddler sidequest is tons of fun, or at least it would be without all the trophy hunting and stuff. robin not being good for use in the main map sucks though:csad:

are they planning to release more sidequests as dlc or just riddler's revenge stuff?

Probably just challenge s***. That's how they did it with Arkham Asylum.

Which is why the DLC for the first one was worthless. :o

Probably just challenge s***. That's how they did it with Arkham Asylum.
really hope not. they already improved with the multiple skins, hope they do better on the rest of the dlc also

Which is why the DLC for the first one was worthless. :o
pretty much, hoping they learned from that and will give us story missions...also unlock the sidekicks for main map roaming and sidequests.

They should make a DLC where you get to play all of the challenge maps as Superman.

They should make a DLC where you get to play all of the challenge maps as Superman.

Yeah, and would instantly suck.

Batman seems to be the only DC superhero to have a successful video game franchise going.

Bet that really grinds Johns and his hope for a Green Lantern movie tie-in game.

I think that's more due to the people making the game, as opposed to the character used.

What would be so cool about having Superman fly around a city, invunerable to about 90% of the **** Arkham can throw at him? Maybe the only one thing that poses a challenge to him is Riddler's puzzles but he'd probably just bulldoze his way to get to every trophy.

A good Superman game would be well hard to make though.

The Superman Returns one had lots of promise.

People said making a good Transformers game was not possible but War For Cybertron came around and proved a lot of folks wrong.

I mean what do you want to do when you play as Superman? You want to play as him taking down small time bank robbers or terrorists? No. You'd definitely want to play a Superman game which focuses on epic battles against Darkseid, Doomsday, Zod and other powerhouses. Earth-shattering battles that start on Earth and end in Space. Fighting off alien invasions or destroying meteors and ****.

Hard. Yeah. Impossible...Well depends.

if I can't fly to Uranus and pound it into dust.....that is NOT a Superman game I want to play

Corpulent said it the best, Arkham City tried too hard with it's story, the Arkham Asylum plot was also much tighter put, here it was more loosely connected and to be honest they should have given Hugo Strange more dialogue watching over Batman like Joker was in Asylum.

Reading Jason Aaron's Wolverine omnibus right now. :) Man Aaron writes him such a manipulative bastard, hard to imagen he's now the principal of a school lol.

Yeah. I'd imagine that a Superman game won't be anything close to a sandbox adventure.

It would probably be a structured stage by stage sort of deal. Maybe a lot of exploration options within each area ala Prince of Persia but once you leave the "area" you're probably not going to come back. Its one of those limiting aspects by the powers that be (game designers) have control over.

It did seem a little random at times. [blackout]The sheer amount of major villain deaths in the climax reeked of the devs' trying too hard. Strange was working for Ra's! Ra's killed Strange! Ra's killed himself! Talia killed the Joker! No, not the Joker, Clayface! The Joker killed Talia! The Joker killed himself![/blackout] Yeesh.

I'm OK with the Grand Guignol finish. It had a lot of shock factor for sure but we have seen worse in printed media. And besides with Hamill wanting to leave the role for good, they needed to give the character as chaotic and satisfying a send off as possible.

I'm ok with the story. I wasn't looking for Batman:R.I.P or Fortunate Son here. I liked how they managed to pull out as many Bat-villains from the comics that they could and fit them into the story somehow. Yeah some of it was a little short but at least they got the face time.

And the gameplay is awesome. I'd still give it a solid 10 out of 10. Its like the new Metal Gear Solid to me. Hell, Batman is pretty much the Solid Snake after Solid Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"