Sequels The Uncle Ben thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I definitely don't want to do the origin story again but if they do a flashback to Uncle Ben, who do you think should play him?

I would love to see Lin Manuel-Miranda as Ben because he's the perfect age for Marisa tomei and he's going to be huge after the next Mary poppins flick

https://imgbb.com/

Ben was Peter's dad's brother so I'm not quite sure how that'd work...

IF we see Ben in future films...

You would need to cast someone who not only would be believable (hansom, charming and outgoing, etc.) as someone a gorgeous women like Marisa Tomei would have married but also someone who would come across as wise, distinguished and have that gravitas, all those specific qualities we would expect from Ben Parker.

My choice...?

George Clooney.

article-2032251-0DA61C0A00000578-484_634x554.jpg

I have the feeling that Tony Stark is the closest thing we'll have to an Uncle Ben in this series.

Tim Robbins would be my ideal Uncle Ben. That said, this new Spider-Man series has a phobia of what came before so we may not even get him any time soon. :doh:

John Turturro was suggested elsewhere and I'm sooooo onboard with the idea.

Or you could just call Pesci.

Hmm... Maybe Michael Cudlitz (Band of Brothers, Walking Dead). He's the same age as Marisa Tomei and I can picture him playing the role with a believable down-to-Earth, blue-collar wisdom and decency.

Although the studio may prefer someone more famous. It seems like the kind of role where they often get a big name to do a cameo. So, George Clooney was pretty good suggestion.

Clooney as Uncle Ben makes no sense.

Never mind the "marvel gets big names in small roles all the time" argument, Clooney is too... Clooney to be Uncle Ben - a guy living in Queens struggling to make a home for his wife and nephew.

Okay, I see what you mean and I have admit that's a fair point.

Tim Robbins would be my ideal Uncle Ben. That said, this new Spider-Man series has a phobia of what came before so we may not even get him any time soon. :doh:

Tim would be an excellent choice. I had not even thought of him before but that's definitely a great pick.

Tom Hanks was my first pick, but T Robbins is pretty good casting :up: didn't think of him before....

But I agree, I doubt we'll see any Uncle Ben soon

"With great power comes great responsiblity. So get busy living, or get busy dying" :sly:

But seriously, I think Tim would be a great Uncle Ben.

John Turturro was suggested elsewhere and I'm sooooo onboard with the idea.

Or you could just call Pesci.

I'm fine with John Turturro but only if his Uncle Ben has eczema and spends all of his scenes scratching his disgusting feet with chopsticks.

IF they're gonna feature Uncle Ben, the guy cant be too far from Marissa Tomei's current look age wise. Peter has only had his powers for 6 months prior to Stark finding him, and given the dialogue in Civil War, Uncle Ben looks to have died within those 6 months. so unless they're featuring him in flashbacks with baby Peter, cant have a youngish looking Uncle Ben next to a matured (but still highly attractive) Aunt May.

Tom Holland may or may not have dropped another bomb about wanting Tobey Maguire to play Uncle Ben. but bless his genes Tobey still looks young enough to be Tom's big brother, so if they would ever go with him then we should be looking for kiddie Peter. maybe the flip side of the story from that supposed Ironman2 cameo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"