• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The United States vs. China... who would prevail and why?

One phrase

Weapons of Mass Destruction

China would be obliterated.

Tangled Web said:
One phrase

Weapons of Mass Destruction

China would be obliterated.
And...so...would...America.:up: It's called mutualy assured destruction.

Tangled Web said:
The United States would destroy China. Not even close. Even if we didn't nuke them to hell, we just have much much better weapons and soldiers.

nuking them to "hell" as you put it would mean taking ourselves out with them. you can't expect to launch a nuclear bombing large enough to take out a whole country and not create some nuclear fall out floating around the globe.

besides after the first one is dropped you think we wont get nuked? all they go to do is send a couple guys with nukes into mexico and casually walk across our border, set it in a city, walk away and then detonate it with a cell phone. We'd be screwed.

Our military might have more money behind it, but because of the current situation, militarily stretched, low recruitment, location, and economic dependance on China, we really could not defeat them for the time being, and china's military is becoming more powerful at a faster rate than our own.

We aren't always going to be the world's leading super power.

Harlekin said:
China.

America is pretty much completely and utterly depleted of its military resources. Assuming nukes would be kept out of it, there's no way the Americanis could win this without pulling a massive retreat from all of there other military projects. They've spread themselves out too much.

Indeed,its shocking to see America drained by such a small conflict.But there are 2 factors that added to this,one is the fact that the American people belive this "war" to be useless.Secondly is the current American government.

If we were talking about the non-corrupt post World War II America,the USA would win with barely any effert.

Spider-Bite said:
We aren't always going to be the world's leading super power.

Indeed,America is arrogrant,and refuses to belive that its no longer the most powerful country on earth.

USA would win, because they have a secret weapon... me.

no but seriously, we control middle east oil, how would china fuel their war machine? It'd be a huge slaughter, I'd love to fight in that war. Chinese soldiers are ill equipped and have little experience. Our technology is just so much more advanced than theirs. it'd be like Iraq, we'd annihilate the Chinese government in a few months, set up a democracy, then have to deal with insurgnts.

Right now in Iraq we're restricted by the ROE (rules of engagement) they dont want us going around killing everything. But in OIF 1, we killed everything that moved, thats how we took out the Iraqi military so quick. In an all out war with China we'd do the same thing as OIF 1, kill the **** out of em. USA would ***** slap China,trust me, I'm military, I know what I'm talking about.

comicgirl said:
Hey, man. Long time, no see.

I think China would own us. More people, better funded military.

Actually the only advantage the PLA has is that it posesses more man power.

The United States military has more funding, better technology, bigger and better navy and air force, better capabilities, etc.

Serioulsy China these days is either way too overestimated or way too underestimated. Few people understand the amount of power it truely has.

I really wish some Chinese people would reply to this thread.

Jourmugand said:
Indeed,America is arrogrant,and refuses to belive that its no longer the most powerful country on earth.

While you are correct on arrogant, the United States is still the most powerful country on Earth. The United States still has the most powerful economy. Most powerful military. Still posesses its relatively small colonial empire. Is stable despite the mess its politics are in. Low unemployment. Low poverty levels. Is a major force in all corners of the world.

Need I go on? The other nations are catching up to the United States. Europe because it has become one major superbloc. Russia because of its oil industry. And China because of its rising economic status. But the United States is still currently the most powerful. Someday some other power will indeed take its place. It's only natural. But not today and not tommorrow.

Darth Elektra said:
Very true, I Airforce/Navy is far superior.

Also you guys remember would China's army fight really hard? I mean there leader is a communist.
You can make the same arguement here. Would America army fight really hard? I mean there leader is a republican:o

The US still has better technology then China and would win in a war, though it be messy.

One thing no one has mentioned yet is that China will have advantage sabatoge/spy here in the States considering there are alot of Chinese nationalist here in the states. They could attack us from the inside!

lazur said:
Don't believe everything you read in the media. We are not depleted of resources, nor are we spread to thinly. If, for example, China attacked us, don't think for one minute that we'd not have enough people who are WILLING to join the military just to fight them off. And don't forget that a good portion of American citizens are already armed. In fact, there are more PRIVATELY owned firearms in America than there are those that are owned by military and law enforcement forces.

Also, we are FAR more technologically advanced than China. Sure, they have a couple billion people, but do you realize what would be required in order to transport the full brunt of their military over to our country? They couldn't do it.

We'd win the war without so much as a minute spent in infantry combat. That is, if nukes aren't involved. If nukes are involved, we both lose.
Let me guess, You read all of that somewhere. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"