Sequels The Untold Story?

MarvelFan1

Civilian
Reaction score
I just finished playing the Amazing Spiderman video game. I combined what I've learned in the video game, what I learned from the movie, and the rumors I've heard, and I've realized what this "untold story" truly is! In about the middle of the game, Peter comes back from Oscorp after the failed antidote cripples Allistair Smythe. Then, Connors makes an improved antidote. The reason the original one didn't work was because Connors used a blood sample from an imperfect cross-species. An imperfect cross-species means that the foreign animal species has taken over the human host. For example, Connors/The Lizard would be considered an imperfect cross-species, because when he injects the lizard serum, he lets the foreign species (the lizard) take over. The new serum uses a sample of Spiderman's/Peter's blood. And it worked, because Peter is a "perfect cross-species". This what Connors called Peter, referring to the fact that something about his blood allowed him not to give way to "the spider". (Here comes the untold part) What was it about Peter's Blood that kept him from transforming?

I also heard that the original story where the spider bite itself did not give Peter his actual powers. The spider injected its DNA directly into Peter's blood stream, but it only ACTIVATED his powers. Meaning that when he was born, Peter's father, Richard, injected some kind of serum into Pete's blood that blocked the negative DNA from the spider's DNA, keeping it from taking over Peter's body and turning him into a full blown spider. Richard used his son as a test subject to keep the foreign species from taking over. This is where Connors went wrong. Richard and Mary died (still not sure if they died, so disappeared) before they could truly finish their work on the perfect lizard formula. Richard's part of the serum worked as basically a filter, it was meant to block out the "negative part" of the lizard's DNA that allows the lizard to take over, and only use the parts of the DNA that allows the regenerative properties of a lizard. Like a filter on a faucet. The filter seperates the dirt and germs from the water and allows the actual clean water to come out. Richard left his notes behind knowing that when Peter got older, he would want to know more about what happened to his parents, going to Oscorp to meet Connors, and finish the lizard formula. The lizard formula was meant to be a two-part formula. One was the DNA, and the other was the filter part. He either has another set of notes talking about the filter and took them with him when he "supposedly" died in the plane crash and the notes were destroyed, or somebody stole them, the same someone who broke into their house. But who could that person be?

If you have watched the movie, you may have seen the scene at the end of the credits where Connors is locked in his cell in the asylum, and he meets up with a "man in the shadows", who in which he obviously knows. The man asks, "Did you tell the boy about his father?", and Connors replies with a simple no. The man then says he will leave him alone , for now. There are only three main leads as to who this strange man is, with one of them has been proven false. Norman Osborn, Edward Brock Sr, and Michael Morbius. These are the ones I believe could have good reasons as to how they could connect to Peter's past. Or his father's past in this case. I'm not gonna do Norman too much since Webb proves that it is not him, but if it was, the movie says that Norman Osborn is dying and the formula Connors was originally going to be used for Norman to be cured. Just wanted to get that out there (hint hint ;). Anyway, it could be Edward Brock Sr. because in the ultimate spiderman storyline, it shows that Edward and Richard use to work together on something that could cure cancer. This was known as "Project Venom". It was the symbiote that took over. Maybe there was an "untold" partner to Connors and Richard that helped them on this project for a serum that could cure illnesses, weaknesses, etc. As for Michael Morbius, here is an article I found on the amazing spiderman Wikipedia, "Michael Morbius works as a biochemist at Oscorp Industries. He was forced by Rajit Ratha to create the hybrid human-animal Rhino for the mafia.

One of Oscorp's most pubicly celebrated scientests, Michael Morbius won the Nobel Prize three years ago for an outstanding achivement in biochemistry. In the time since, however, Morbius has grown more and more reclusive, avoiding human contact as much as possible, and choosing only to work at night. This practice, along with his recent penchant for experimenting on bats, has prompted his colleagues to refer to him as "the Living Vampire". If only they knew the truth...

In actuality, Morbius is dying of a rare disorder that slowly dissolves his blood cells. Under the guise of developing a new wonder drug for Oscorp, he secretly works on a cure for his own condition. Whereas Curt Connors was convinced the key to reversing his own condition was within reptiles, Morbius just as strongly believes that distilled fluids from bats will hold the key to eliminating his own disease.

Shortly before the Lizard incident, Morbius' work was put on hold. Knowing his own work was a few steps behind that of Connors, Morbius dug into Connors' research as soon as it was presented to him by Rajit Ratha. However, Ratha forced Morbius to remake Aleksei Sytsevich into the Rhino, putting Morbius' work with bats back by weeks.

Now, months later, and with no more threats from Ratha (Lizard had murdered him), Morbius' research carries on. He believes that he even has finally created a cure for his disease. He needs only try it...", intriguing, isn't it? He is dying of a rare disease that dissolves his blood cells, and is known as, the Living Vampire (obviously you're read that). This may explain why he, as the man in the movie, was known as "the man in the shadows"! Vampires must always stay in the dark. He is the one that I believe has stolen the original notes of Richard Parker, to create his own serum to heal his body and all others. You can also see that the man's hands in the movie are very gnarled and old. Showing this, the man is slowly dying every day, similar to Michael. He may most likely be the man in the shadows....

But we pretty much know that Michael Massee is going to be Norman Osborn. Also, we know that the villain Morbius is definitely not as well known as Electro (the next villain) is, even though Electro is still not very well known.
I would like to see this article that you found on the Wikipedia. Remember, it is an editable site. Anyone could put their theories up on there and see them through to the actual page.
Otherwise, this is a fair story. I don't think anything this good would ever actually be in the movies, but if it was, I would sure like to see it. Good job

Thanks waldalt. But Michael Masee plays "the man in the shadows" , but not Norman Osborn. It says it right here: http://www.**************.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=6296. And the link to the Wikipedia article is right here, in case you are wondering: http://amazingspiderman.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Morbius. But you do have a point, I may be wrong. One of the reasons I believe it was Morbius, was because of how the man reappeared and disappeared, and how he stayed in the dark, like a vampire would :).

For some reason the link keeps messing up, the stars are supposed to say **************

Hasn't the "father messing around alters his' son's DNA, and the dormant effects are released by a later even" already been done with Ang Lee's Hulk?
Yeah, that was the sub plot of that movie that most have probably forgotten, or tried to.

I believe that is what they did with the hulk movie, but I actually forgot. I felt it would make sense since Connors said that there was something in Peter's blood that kept him human (basically) instead of turning him into a spider.

Maybe Norman Osborn has cancer, and that's what they are trying to cure. Perhaps Peter Parker had cancer as well, and his father "experimented" on him to cure him. That cure also happened to prevent him from either dying from the spider-bite, or turning into a giant Spider creature.

So that way its not like his father was a jerk and did something terrible to his son.

You've got a point Pichard, and in the Ultimate Spiderman Comics, Eddie Brock's father and Richard were making the venom symbiote. It's true intention was to be a cure for cancer. But Richard, Mary, and Eddie Brock Sr. died before they could truly finish it, similiar to the movie. And the Ultimate Spiderman show, Octavius creates the venom symbiote from the negative part of Spidey's DNA, but it couldn't be contained. So he made an improved version using a mix of Spidey's DNA and Venom's DNA. It's almost like Spider-Man's blood contained it better. But, it was what ended up as the formula that turned Osborn into the Goblin.

Now I'm really curious as to what direction they are going in. Seems like this is an easy way to introduce the symbiote. While it would be cool if they put Venom in TASM3, I'm afraid they would ruin the film.

It could be simpler too, like if Richard used his own DNA in the cross-species spiders, maybe that'd be why Peter's reaction to getting "exposed" to them was different.

Now I'm really curious as to what direction they are going in. Seems like this is an easy way to introduce the symbiote. While it would be cool if they put Venom in TASM3, I'm afraid they would ruin the film.

They could put the origin of Venom in it. to lead into a sequel/spin-off (if they are still planning on doing that.)

Just so long as he isn't the shared villain in ASM3. But if Green Goblin has something to do with the creation of Venom (a la Joker's creation of Two Face in TDK) I would be a very happy camper.

It could be simpler too, like if Richard used his own DNA in the cross-species spiders, maybe that'd be why Peter's reaction to getting "exposed" to them was different.

Well, that's better than him experimenting on Peter.

They could put the origin of Venom in it. to lead into a sequel/spin-off (if they are still planning on doing that.)

Just so long as he isn't the shared villain in ASM3. But if Green Goblin has something to do with the creation of Venom (a la Joker's creation of Two Face in TDK) I would be a very happy camper.

I don't think they would make him the shared villain, or that's SM3 territory, and another ruined shot at putting Venom on the big screen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"